Want PVDs next year?

Would you want PVDs next year?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Nope.

But any Union member who is out of work can get a withdrawal card and not be responsible for back dues once he/she returns to work. No different than a PVD working every peak.
So you're saying all these dues paying full-time union members that work as pvd will be getting withdrawal cards, like the rest of us do when we go on leave/comp/disability?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So you're saying all these dues paying full-time union members that work as pvd will be getting withdrawal cards, like the rest of us do when we go on leave/comp/disability?

I have seen my local, countless times, waive back dues for members who were clueless about needing a withdrawal card, when off of work more than a month.

I'm not stuck on forcing them to pay back dues because they did not get a withdrawal card. But, they may be hit with another initiation fee. So yea, go for it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
But.... the company is making record profits !

But... the company is making record profits !

But.... the Union will just "fix" the contract voting.

We need to vote them out !

-Bug-

Preaching to the choir, I know...

Nolimitz

Simple, reserve early! Datz Wut my subcontractors dew!

It's not like Xmas is different every year, yas?

Buddy up to the closest rental places near your hub early... common cents (trick pony?)
Our Express station reserved 50 prepaid (deposit) rentals in Feb last year. Come November they were no longer available.

Over70irregs

You tell me how they could have succeeded here. We had all the rentals that were available and what we had were going out with 11-12 hour dispatches.

In St Paul, I would leave with my load at 2215 or so and there would be a line of cars at the gas pumps of drivers that were getting in.
Allow our own seniority peeps first dibs then expand after that. Seniority is prime that’s why we do the time.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Drivers bitching peak 2018 that they had too many hours.
Drivers bitching peak 2019 that PVD's were taking their overtime.
Bunch of whiners. Can't have it both ways.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

That's one of the great things about using helpers.
When they *aren't* playing games like limiting drivers to 2.99 hours, the driver will have much more flexibility to determine how much overtime they want. And then inside employees will get the extra hours that we WANT.

When they take the hours away from permanent union employees and give them away to temp workers, that's just bad for all of us.

That's one of the great things about using helpers.
When they *aren't* playing games like limiting drivers to 2.99 hours, the driver will have much more flexibility to determine how much overtime they want. And then inside employees will get the extra hours that we WANT.

When they take the hours away from permanent union employees and give them away to temp workers, that's just bad for all of us.
Give the company a crumb and this is what happens
ORbIxdRIPs1yM.gif

Queso

That’s what I’m saying. Just constant bitching about everything dudes need to put a tampon in their taints in :censored2: their yappers

clean hairy

1st... I would NEVER use my own phone to give scab PVDs union work. I know how to roll stops till the next day.

2nd... If they told me to work as directed and set up meet points with a scab, you better believe I wouldn't show up early, and he might be waiting a while.

3rd.. .He would be getting all the dog food, matress in a bag, rugs etc. even if they stuck out the back of his civic.
Ratchet straps so a trampoline can be strapped to the roof?
And, the 50lb bags of dog food, along with detroit axle, and folks getting a set of 4 tires...

take your time

This is what drives me crazy. Drivers are happy to see them because they don't want tons of OT. Well when they stop hiring drivers because they use them more and more in the future explain that to potential teamsters that never got a job because of them. Now our teamsters funds dip because we have less union work staff paying into the fund. Do these PVDs even pay dues ? So now we have workforce not paying into the pot for us?

Think of tomorrow not today nuckleheads.

We are thinking ahead into the future. You aren't.

Amazon is growing stronger every year. Fedex is on the decline. The reason why we need PVDs is to give the company the flexibility to get out from under people that can't see the bottom line. The company can't compete with Fulltime RCPDs only. Too much money spent on healthcare, OT, regular hourly top rate wages, gas that UPS pays for itself, etc.....

A PVD driver is like Amazon flex drivers. I understand about having our Union brothers hire more, but we need to be open minded. IF we don't evolve, UPS will go bust against Amazon. Then everyone will lose their jobs as the Company declares bankruptcy. Think it can't happen?

Think again.

Last edited: