wanting to quit workign as ups supervisor

browniehound

The guy works a five hour shift. Should walk his area at least a hundred times during that shift. All he had to do is ask his boss the question one time which is what do I do with the hots? Most people would do so at the beginning of the shift when they review the staffing sheet.

If I were this guy I would make the "HOTS" my top priority. Make sure they are taken care of. After that I would deal with the rest of my duties. If my boss post questioned a problem with the less important duties, I would make adjustments to correct them. If I couldn't do this I would give him a legitimate reason why. Why this new UPS sup. didn't do this is beyond my knowledge?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
As of right now i can not take two weeks vacation and they are making me come back on Monday cause of how bad the sort aisle was running :/.

I've never been in management but I have told my superiors--UPS and otherwise--that if they called me, they'd get my voicemail because I will not answer my phone while on vacation. One had the cajones to call my cell while I was inflight inbound from a vacation. He didn't keep my services for long after that. I've had managers threaten to cancel my vacation but none have actually done it. I'd think about getting out sooner rather than later, Adam. -Rocky

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
As getting out of job or Getting out and enjoying life a bit? Not sure what you mean.

Getting out of UPS. Take the management skills and abilities UPS has taught you and go somewhere else. I've seen posts--secondhand information--about supervisors leaving UPS and doing very well. They also make pretty good money with the new employers.

As far as getting out more in general....I'm not in your shoes and have no idea what you do for fun. That said, its always healthy to 'check the Job' at the door. -Rocky

Rofl i dont do nothings but go to work school and karate. I was sitting at home in my lounge chair for my two weeks vaction calling up to work to see how things are going hahah thats how bored i am. Oh well thats what happens when you join ups it takes over your life.

tieguy

Banned
Rofl i dont do nothings but go to work school and karate. I was sitting at home in my lounge chair for my two weeks vaction calling up to work to see how things are going hahah thats how bored i am. Oh well thats what happens when you join ups it takes over your life.

ups does not take over your life and tell you to spend your two weeks calling the operation to see how screwed up they are without you.
in your previous post you said your boss called you and told you that you could not take your second week and would have to take it at a later time. In this post you claim you sat in your lounge chair for your two week vacation calling work. Which one is it?

tieguy

Banned
My boss called me this afternoon....As of right now i can not take two weeks vacation and they are making me come back on Monday cause of how bad the sort aisle was running :/. :/

your previous post where you claim your second week was cancelled.

Which one is it.

ya know. After reading this thread again, I have come to a conclusion that Kemni or what ever his name is, might just have a shot that that taping job.

no what i ment was i was just going to sit in my lounge chair for two weeks and do nothing. I honeslty was worried that when i called up there that all thoughs other supervisors would be doing a fantastic job without me and they would replace me when I got back. But, when I found out about how bad they where doing after just the first couple of days and already calling back, I was a bit suprisded. Thats also why I wanted to quit, cause i thought the new supervisors that where going to run my area while i was going on vacation where going to REPLACE ME......guess I was just to scared and had no backbone.

Don't worry Adam, by the end of the two week vaca the other sups will have it down and you will either be history or the next center manager. Either way you win.

Average at Best

UPS takes over your life, so when you are on vacation and away from the job you...spend all of your time posting on a UPS website about UPS. Makes perfect "since" to me.