Warning letter

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Wally World, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Wally World

Wally World New Member

Received a warning letter in the mail for failure to blow my horn at a pedestrian on the side of the road. Letter stated I had a meeting with the center manager and union steward on the 23rd. I wasn’t even at work on the 23rd and the meeting never happened. A member of the safety committee was also out at the observation helping management. Just wondering what I should file a grievance on. And I did blow the horn.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  2. The safety guys needs to get his ass beat....bad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

Most of them in my building are management suck asses

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

I had a warning letter sent to my house out of the blue. Had no idea what it was for. I still don't know what it was for. But when my wife called me and asked why we missed a letter from the post office from ups. I called my supe asked him if he sent me a warning letter. He said yeah. I filed a harassment grievance on him that night. The next morning we had a meeting with my shop steward. My supe threw out the warning letter.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

If you don't fight back they are gonna walk all over you.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. john chesney

john chesney Well-Known Member

They were following you on your day off and you didn’t blow your horn at the pedestrian I don’t see the problem. They caught me jerking off one time when I was on vacation and tried to fire me for stealing time

7. tacken

tacken Active Member

Wait your telling me they made this up? Come on UPS has way to much integrity for that.

8. eats packages

eats packages Tetris Master

If they don't throw it out, throw it in their face for the full durration.
    "If I don't slow down to a crawl and wait 3 seconds at every stop, I may miss a pedestrian in which I would blow my horn at"

9. Wally World

Wally World New Member

The pedestrian was an ors weedeating

10. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Grieve it
    They made a mistake on the date.
    It will get thrown out.
    Next time have the pedestrian blow you.

11. brownelf

brownelf Active Member

Grieve it, and blow the horn every time you go past that ORS house especially if it's late from now on.

12. wide load

wide load Starting wage is a waste of time.

Omg!! As someone that used to be on the Safety committee, I can tell you that we handled safety WAAAAAYYY differently than most of the country. We were NEVER involved in observations. Just facility audits for PE. Our job was to hold the company accountable for unsafe work practices. It was completely Union runned. Did not blowing your horn result in a crash? Well F your boss.

13. Just A UPS Guy

Just A UPS Guy Active Member

Me too, but they tried to fire me for not having 3 points of contact.....they weren't worried about the 6 clicks...

14. cachmeifucan

cachmeifucan Well-Known Member

They should be fired for integrity or stupidity isn't lying a cardinal sin

15. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

Ours is a union steward and kills them on overallowed. I love it lol

16. john chesney

john chesney Well-Known Member

You should file a grievance but wouldn’t you just like to go in whip it out and tell them to blow this while shaking it in there face

17. rod

rod retired and happy

The only time you don't blow your horn at a pedestrian is if its Upstate--in that case you aim at him and floor it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  18. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

I'm calling shenanigans....

They would never fire you for taking 7 seconds.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

I don’t know what the big deal with the warning letter is. It’s the same thing as your grievance process. If it’s not done then there’s no documentation. Wipe your ass with it for all I care.