Warning letters staying in file?

dillweed

I've always heard that a warning letter must be removed from our files after nine months.

Union rep told me today that they don't have to remove it but it is voided after nine months.

I clicked on the master agreement link in the sticky but it said it couldn't be found. 404 message.

Does anyone know the details on this or a working link to the agreement? Thanks

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
your file is really not yours, it is the companies. They can put anything in it they want to. You do have the right to review it and ask questions or make comments on its contents. You do not have the right to copy or remove anything from it, or add anything to it. As for the warning letters, they are no longer used in the progressive discipline after 9 months. They are kept in your file for life.

JonFrum

The language that says a Warning Letter shall not remain in effect beyond nine months is probably in your Supplement. In my New England Supplement it's in "Article 59 - Discharge or Suspension."

Some partial Supplements are available here:
http://tdu.org/node/1617

p228

After nine months the warning letter is just used as a reference. If you transferred to a operation or you get a new FT and you start having problem (e.g. lateness) they can check to see if you were written up/suspended for it before.

dillweed

Thanks to each an every one of you kind folks!
I have come to distrust both management and union to a point of great discomfort.

Co-workers, most all of them I get along fine- laughing, joking and just decent teamwork.

I must remember:
It's not personal
It's not personal
It's not personal....

tieguy

Banned
Thanks to each an every one of you kind folks!
I have come to distrust both management and union to a point of great discomfort.

Co-workers, most all of them I get along fine- laughing, joking and just decent teamwork.

I must remember:
It's not personal
It's not personal
It's not personal....

the warning letter can be referenced past 9 months for an overall work record discharge.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I have had sups bring up past disipline ( longer than 9 months) in meetings when I represent an employee. I firmly state that being old it has no bearing on the situation at hand,site the contract and move on.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I sneak into the office every month and just take the last write up in my file and file it in the trash on my way out of the office.........

JK.....lol

p228

They make a digital copy of the write-up that summarizes what the write up was for and what action was taken. It is easier than actually pulling an employee's file.

dillweed

Thanks for the link but I'm not even going to plow through it. Sounds as if that letter will stay around if they want it to.

The darned thing is related to an absurd and ongoing issue which would be better left alone. It's most likely an attempt to keep me from telling things the way I see them. My silence, contentment and acceptable production seem frustrating to some. Give them what they ask for and they're STILL not happy. geesh, go figure.

As for the joke of sneaking in and pitching the thing - A co-worker told me that a driver who quit a few years ago went into the office, got his file and threw the whole shebang into the trash. For some reason that brought a smile to my troubled face. :happy2:

trickpony1

Dillweed-
I think I recall the specifics of your situation.
I thought it all got settled to the agreement and satisfaction of everyone involved.
Why did they bring it back up again?

dillweed

Dillweed-
I think I recall the specifics of your situation.
I thought it all got settled to the agreement and satisfaction of everyone involved.
Why did they bring it back up again?

It hasn't been brought up again, thank goodness. Tensions are high in our building, moral sucks and my paranoia is probably just acting up.

I've actually been a champ at disregarding my "friend's" glares and finger pointing. Management is leaving me alone. I need to chill out.

wornoutupser

I sneak into the office every month and just take the last write up in my file and file it in the trash on my way out of the office.........

Dont laugh- but my building had a center manager quit on a Friday- and ALL employee files were gone the next Monday. Word got out about it-but UPS never told us a thing on an official level....lots of personal info went out the door.

JK.....lol

KingofBrown

I've always heard that a warning letter must be removed from our files after nine months.

Union rep told me today that they don't have to remove it but it is voided after nine months.

I clicked on the master agreement link in the sticky but it said it couldn't be found. 404 message.

Does anyone know the details on this or a working link to the agreement? Thanks

Visit the TDU site, they talk about warning letters. You always want to grieve that shoot, it will harm you in the future, and even more if you got several, it doesn't matter if it is void or not after nine months, they will stick to you all the time working for the company.