Was load quality acceptable?

oldngray

nowhere special
Do you send in misleads through the DIAD indicating yes that you will deliver them or do you just run them off? Just running them off doesn't really address the issue.

Both but even sending message makes no difference. I would talk to preloader the next morning and they had no idea it happened. I think a lot of it is starting preloaders later than last possible minute so they have to jump right in loading without time for feedback (even if the preload sups cared .. which they didn't).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our biggest problem with preload is sending the loaders home early. The sups then proceed to throw all packages that come down into the back if the truck. I often find my "missing" air in the 8000 section.

oldngray

nowhere special
Our biggest problem with preload is sending the loaders home early. The sups then proceed to throw all packages that come down into the back if the truck. I often find my "missing" air in the 8000 section.

Sups are notorious for just throwing late packages into the back of cars (any cars) just to get rid of them.

Raw

Raw Member
I follow up negative load comments in DIAD with telling loader face to face what he does wrong then telling preload supe and on road and manager how bad the loader is on a daily basis that they end up putting loader unloading feeders and give me a new loader!

UPSGUY72

Have a legitimate question, and also need to vent as well.

16 days of being on the road in a package car to date, my numbers are great(SPORH and what not) and management is very happy with my performance. Now for my question;

In all of YOUR OPINIONS, will I be looked at differently if I were to answer "NO" to the question "Was Load Quality Acceptable" on the DIAD at the end of the day?
I feel as if management will see me as a complainer or maybe even a future problem/nuisance if I respond with a "NO". I have always responded with "YES" even when the load was HORRIBLE because of this.

I understand loading is a high pressure job, having supervisors breathing down your neck to work faster. The thing is, I loaded 4 trucks with over 1000 pieces a majority of the time and ALWAYS had my load as close to perfect as I felt reasonably possible. PAL labels peeled and made visible for my drivers at the time, and all in number sequence according to the PAL label.

So what do you guys think? Should I reply "NO" on days like today where the loader/s had obviously just thrown the packages on the shelf all out of order, bulk stops not grouped together, with other stops hidden in the middle of multi-piece stops, things like that which burns valuable time that a driver cant afford to/shouldn't have to waste.

You can put no in if you like. However a SUP will just check the loaders work in the morning and end of story. The load doesn't have to up to your standards just the SUP standards that checks it. If the loader is getting the packages in the correct location or on the floor below it as load dictates he doing a good job, if you have a complaint because the packages aren't in sequence order that isn't going to happen to often if ever. Some cars have stops that are palled to a specific location lets say 2000 section but are put in the rear of the car because they usually bulked out or it a has a dock delivery.

If you looking for things to be driver specific load your not going to get it.

With time you will get use to know where things are. I'm a FT cover driver and hardly ever run the routes as they are set up so I pick from all over the car and still run scratch and better the usually better then the normal driver. I don't drive down the same street twice unless I have a pick up there later in the day. If I Have air on a street in the morning all the ground goes at the same time on that street too.

Sounds like your doing a good job keep it up the good work and good luck.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Do you send in misleads through the DIAD indicating yes that you will deliver them or do you just run them off? Just running them off doesn't really address the issue.

I immediately message misloads into the office, not to get anybody in trouble but to keep the guy whose truck it is supposed to be in from wasting 10 minutes searching for it.

blkmamba

I follow up negative load comments in DIAD with telling loader face to face what he does wrong then telling preload supe and on road and manager how bad the loader is on a daily basis that they end up putting loader unloading feeders and give me a new loader!

Have you ever tried showing him, chances are he was never really trained. When I worked pre-load it helped when a driver showed me what he wanted rather than just said "your load sucks". I understand it is not your job to train, however in the long run it would make your day a lot easier.

oldngray

nowhere special
Have you ever tried showing him, chances are he was never really trained. When I worked pre-load it helped when a driver showed me what he wanted rather than just said "your load sucks". I understand it is not your job to train, however in the long run it would make your day a lot easier.

Most new preloaders are NOT trained and when I explained some of basics to them that was the first time they heard it. Not asking for custom loads but basics like lipping packages and X means load high to low.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?

16 days of being on the road in a package car to date, my numbers are great(SPORH and what not) and management is very happy with my performance. Now for my question;

In all of YOUR OPINIONS, will I be looked at differently if I were to answer "NO" to the question "Was Load Quality Acceptable" on the DIAD at the end of the day?
I feel as if management will see me as a complainer or maybe even a future problem/nuisance if I respond with a "NO". I have always responded with "YES" even when the load was HORRIBLE because of this.

I understand loading is a high pressure job, having supervisors breathing down your neck to work faster. The thing is, I loaded 4 trucks with over 1000 pieces a majority of the time and ALWAYS had my load as close to perfect as I felt reasonably possible. PAL labels peeled and made visible for my drivers at the time, and all in number sequence according to the PAL label.

So what do you guys think? Should I reply "NO" on days like today where the loader/s had obviously just thrown the packages on the shelf all out of order, bulk stops not grouped together, with other stops hidden in the middle of multi-piece stops, things like that which burns valuable time that a driver cant afford to/shouldn't have to waste.

All the pre load supervisors care about in my building is. Misload's, packages per hour and AM time. After that if the load is a mess that is the drivers problem not theirs.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Yes, mark it as unacceptable. You're not nitpicking...a crappy load is what it is. Complain. I would.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was told by management to never click "yes" to "was load quality acceptable", since it leads to a series of questions that is time-consuming and they didn't want to pay me everyday to fill out the questions. It adds to in-building time and would put me over on their silly scorecards and stats.

ManInBrown

I've had good loads, and plenty of horrible loads. I've never answered no. Loading isn't easy and for the most part with the exception of a few, I believe they give it their best most days.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
All the pre load supervisors care about in my building is. Misload's, packages per hour and AM time. After that if the load is a mess that is the drivers problem not theirs.

At least yours care about misloads. Ours dont give a :censored2: about anything but PPH. If it were up to them they would stand all the packages cars up on their noses and load them from the top with shovels in order to get the packages out of the building faster.