Was load quality acceptable?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
At least yours care about misloads. Ours dont give a :censored2: about anything but PPH. If it were up to them they would stand all the packages cars up on their noses and load them from the top with shovels in order to get the packages out of the building faster.
What if every driver with unacceptable loads hit "no" because they weren't honestly, acceptable loads? Would Atlanta not make drastic changes if EVERY driver took the time to do their job properly? Would this then be theoretically no different than drivers taking their lunches at 6pm?

PeasAndCarrots

Ill sheet up a misload during the day every time but when it comes to bad loads, I always just approach the preloader when I first get to work. One morning last week before our PCM started, I found a 10ft long misload in the middle of the truck and there were 2 sups outside of the truck talking. I quietly called my loader over and told him about it, letting him know to move it when the sups leave and that I didn't want to get him into any trouble.

When I worked preload, I appreciated when drivers pulled me aside to tell me about things like that. It always made me want to do a better job because they were mature about the situation opposed to a sup threatening a writeup and griping at you in front of the whole sort.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What if every driver with unacceptable loads hit "no" because they weren't honestly, acceptable loads? Would Atlanta not make drastic changes if EVERY driver took the time to do their job properly? Would this then be theoretically no different than drivers taking their lunches at 6pm?

I could also document the poor quality of load on a piece of toilet paper and flush it down the toilet. Documenting misloads in this manner would have the same effect that typing "no" in the DIAD does.

Johney

They have started what's called "PEAK LOAD" in our building which generally means just get the package in the right section. What you get is all 8 sections(if you're even lucky to have all 8)in no sequential order. I had over 300 pieces Friday 130 stops but no 4000 section. HUH?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Any more the trucks get loaded by committee. Who do you hold responsible for a crap load when it was loaded by 4 or 5 people?

They have started what's called "PEAK LOAD" in our building which generally means just get the package in the right section. What you get is all 8 sections(if you're even lucky to have all 8)in no sequential order. I had over 300 pieces Friday 130 stops but no 4000 section. HUH?

Bring in your pitchfork and throw it in....lol....ill never understand that kind of thinking! Save 5 minutes of preload overtime to give the driver an extra half hour of sorting overtime!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It doesnt matter what you put, nobody will see it :(
agreed, it's not going to change anything. Load quality is rarely a flavor of the week unless something happens. Few months ago, a driver on my belt got hurt pulling a 65lb package off the top shelf....so they started in about load quality for a week or so. Maybe trying talking to your loader....explaining that loading like a blind man with a snowblower really screws up your day....lol.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
the line we get about about poor loads is that we are 'professional drivers,and should be able to over come poor loads'......yep it will ALWAYS be the drivers fault

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Any day now I expect to see some guy at the top of each belt beating a giant gong while everyone in the building chants "out of the building and off of the clock, out of the building and off of the clock" for the entire shift. Get the packages out of the building as fast as possible, make them go away, what happens out on road doesnt matter as long as all the boxes go away.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Any day now I expect to see some guy at the top of each belt beating a giant gong while everyone in the building chants "out of the building and off of the clock, out of the building and off of the clock" for the entire shift. Get the packages out of the building as fast as possible, make them go away, what happens out on road doesnt matter as long as all the boxes go away.

​Having attended Dragonboat races in the past, this might work.

Will probably be just a big screen tv and a speaker system though.

Too expensive to have a person do it.

Buck Fifty

I dont know who my loader is. There is an absolute rule that they must be off the clock and away from the belt before the drivers show up. If that means crap is stacked up everywhere, so be it. If that means my entire route sits against the belt stop and then gets randomly flung into the back of the car during the last 10 minutes of the preload operation, then so be it. As long as the preload manager hits his PPH goal and gets the packages out of the building, he doesnt give a rats ass whether any of them get delivered or not. The "load quality" questionaire in the DIAD is a waste of time to fill out because nobody reads or responds to it.

​Agreed !!!

brostalss

I've actually written "I'll give you 100 dollars if you read this message" in the comments portion of load quality. No one approached me the next day.

​Nuff said.