Was Vinny Perrone of Local 804 Out Of Line If Allegations Are True?

Spanky250

Most Driver’s don’t want OT cut. If the Union negotiated for this they would be alienating the majority.

I guess getting into the pockets might cause the membership to show up and vote.

Vote the ones who negotiated to cut people’s needed pay right out of office.

"Needed pay"?

If you "need"overtime to get by, you're living beyond your means. Maybe shouldn'ta bought that $70k truck and $100k boat...

Spanky250

Ok. Have you submitted possible contract language changes in the past?

I have. Before the last contract I gave our BA a list of things I'd like to see discussed/ addressed in the contract, such as excessive forced overtime, improving the pension health, language to prevent UPS from replacing workers with automation like drones, etc.. I later found my list wadded up in the trash can.

Union leadership doesn't give a crap about us any more than UPS does, other than maximizing the dues they can extract from the membership.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have. Before the last contract I gave our BA a list of things I'd like to see discussed/ addressed in the contract, such as excessive forced overtime, improving the pension health, language to prevent UPS from replacing workers with automation like drones, etc.. I later found my list wadded up in the trash can.
What specific language did you write and suggest to deal with excessive overtime and these other issues?

Union leadership doesn't give a crap about us any more than UPS does, other than maximizing the dues they can extract from the membership.
This is untrue. My experience has been the opposite your accusations.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I appreciate this.

I have seen several underestimate what goes when you get in the belly of the beast that is Teamster/UPS relations and some of the closed door politics that are a necessary part of Union effectiveness.
This is why OT language will never be perfect in the contract. Too many people with different ideas of what is too much or too little.
If you can’t live on 40 hours a week especially if you have a spouse working
You’re doing it wrong

Whither

Scofflaw
This is why OT language will never be perfect in the contract. Too many people with different ideas of what is too much or too little.
Other unionized industries manage to figure out a way to accommodate those who want little to no OT and those who want as much as they can get. My wife is IBEW. No required OT in her local. The work still gets done, the contractors stay in business.

542thruNthru

Other unionized industries manage to figure out a way to accommodate those who want little to no OT and those who want as much as they can get. My wife is IBEW. No required OT in her local. The work still gets done, the contractors stay in business.
Our industry is much different than most. We also are, lately a Industry that's exploding and unpredictable at the moment. Its easier said then done is what I'm saying and I'm sure her company isn't even quarter of the size of UPS.

National OT language will be extremely hard to do across the country.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You say that till we start to move to your state and you cry like a little bitch.

"Waaaahhhhhh they are making the housing cost go up...wwwaaaahhhh taxes went up!"

Can't win with you people. :)
Come on out you candy asses from Cali will be hauling ass back the first blizzard or tornado

542thruNthru

Come on out you candy asses from Cali will be hauling ass back the first blizzard or tornado
Naw... We'll have plenty of money to pay some poor white trash kid to shovle our snow while we sit inside drinking bourbon. Then when we need to go somewhere that's what keyless start is for so we can warm up the car before getting in. ;)