Was Vinny Perrone of Local 804 Out Of Line If Allegations Are True?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was a Preload Unload/ Sort Supervisor many years ago. I never could figure why we just didn’t have hard shift end times but better yet I thought 2 driver shifts would be a better solution.

I felt 2 driver shifts. 8:00AM-4:30PM and 12:00PM-8:30PM if done correctly would be able to handle daily variations and fix excessive OT issues.
Holy cow, you give the preload an excuse like that and the second shift IS SCREWED!

Big Rigger

I don’t share these concerns.

The Union operates as a representational democracy. Any member in good standing can hold office.

I recommend all those so dissatisfied should put together their campaign, run for election and then put your effort where your criticism is, and lead as they think leaders should lead.

IMO

Weak membership is what weakens leadership, not the other way around.

Weak membership is a blight to the UPS Teamsters.
Oh, I get it now...

anyone elected to office can blame "weak" membership for their lack of honesty in representation.
I believe you're a bit left of the mark.

I've personally seen it. Reformers get into office and promise to change the deficiencies from the last officers antics and then they become just like the last Eboard.

You're not sharing the concern because you want to blame people who give up because they're sick of liars and there's no limit to liars staffing these offices.

SMH

Sincerely,

B

Last edited:

Big Rigger

@Integrity , read the last paragraph and most importantly read the last sentence of it. Wake up.
Screenshot_20210515-203927.png

Jlandry

I honestly cant wait until all these sheep that support Sean see how full of :censored2: and incompetent he is. Hopefully they find out or wake up before it’s to late. Then we have Taibi. This guy is a major maroon

Integrity

Binge Poster
Oh, I get it now...

anyone elected to office can blame "weak" membership for their lack of honesty in representation.
I believe you're a bit left of the mark.

I've personally seen it. Reformers get into office and promise to change the deficiencies from the last officers antics and then they become just like the last Eboard.

You're not sharing the concern because you want to blame people who give up because they're sick of liars and there's no limit to liars staffing these offices.

SMH

Sincerely,

B
Anyone who gives up deserves the blame

A weak and afraid membership gives up.

Last edited:

Big Rigger

Anyone who gives up deserves the blame

A weak and afraid membership gives up.
So does an abused membership with little faith in leadership. By the way, if the "weak" membership is "to blame" then it's weak from the top down. Membership includes the leadership and if you do C work when you're an A student it's failure.

Put poor, watered down gasoline in a Maserati then you'll get poor performance and it'll struggle to get down the track. Strength starts at the top and if it's weak there it'll be weak all the way down.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So does an abused membership with little faith in leadership. By the way, if the "weak" membership is "to blame" then it's weak from the top down. Membership includes the leadership and if you do C work when you're an A student it's failure.

Put poor, watered down gasoline in a Maserati then you'll get poor performance and it'll struggle to get down the track. Strength starts at the top and if it's weak there it'll be weak all the way down.
I believe in individual, personal responsibility. Each member must stand for what they put into their Union.

I disagree.

In a representative democracy the strength rises to the top. It is not perfect but it is IMO the best way for those who want a better way to throw their hat in the ring and do something.

If anyone in the Union is abusing their power there are means by which to hold them accountable. A membership that is so apathetic to not even to vote will most likely never stand up themselves.

Do you really want the an improved Union experience or do you just want to stay on your soap box and criticize, complain about what you don’t want to do anything about?

textat3

I like a guy who stands up for his people. Glad the folks got back to work. I hope the pregnant woman has a happy, healthy baby. I hope all parties involved are able to live Jesus in their hearts, the sooner the better. Somebody call Carol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I like a guy who stands up for his people. Glad the folks got back to work. I hope the pregnant woman has a happy, healthy baby. I hope all parties involved are able to live Jesus in their hearts, the sooner the better. Somebody call Carol.
Why did Vinny single out pregnancy? Woman rights groups tell us not to discriminate against woman and Vinny uses this gal for some stunt? Vinny thinks she is more important than any other union member?

Integrity

Binge Poster
They had the option. They made the choice to screw over those that voted.
They were voted in by the representative democracy, they made their call.

IMO A member can disagree with the decision, but the member must support it.

If members are dissatisfied with language in the Constitution then the means exist to change it.

Members need to support decisions made by the representatives at the Convention.

Integrity

Binge Poster
They had the option. They made the choice to screw over those that voted.

IMO A member can disagree with the decision, but for Unionism to be effective the membership must support it.

If members are dissatisfied with language in the Constitution then the means exist to change it.

Members need to support decisions made by the representatives at the Convention.

IMO Members, all members need to take their responsibility to vote seriously and make it if tantamount importance.

What'dyabringmetoday???

IMO A member can disagree with the decision, but for Unionism to be effective the membership must support it.

IMO Members, all members need to take their responsibility to vote seriously and make it if tantamount importance.
Members most definitely do not have to support those decisions. But you have a right to your opinion.