Was Vinny Perrone of Local 804 Out Of Line If Allegations Are True?

What'dyabringmetoday???

So does an abused membership with little faith in leadership. By the way, if the "weak" membership is "to blame" then it's weak from the top down. Membership includes the leadership and if you do C work when you're an A student it's failure.

Put poor, watered down gasoline in a Maserati then you'll get poor performance and it'll struggle to get down the track. Strength starts at the top and if it's weak there it'll be weak all the way down.
Uh oh- I hope Big UPS Man doesn't see this. Lol.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Oh- so you must support every decision your congressional representatives, senators and President make? Got it. You have a right to your opinion.
I don’t agree with every decision, but I do support them and their right to make decisions that I may not agree with. I don’t complain about those decisions nor do I condemn them for them.

brownIEman

Heard say and seen it a couple of times that most of these operational managers are afraid of being fired themselves if can not fire a particular union member when instructed too.

Any rebuttals from the management side??

I never saw that in 23 years. Failing to get someone fired was never mentioned as a reason to punish management.

Now, some management did view successfully firing a poor employee as a father in their cap. I always thought of those as weak managers, any successful termination should be viewed as a failure of management. The goal is not to fire poor performers, the goal is to motivate and coach them into good performers.

Granted, the union will fight tooth and nail to protect poor performers, basically giving them the message that it is acceptable to sandbag the job and management can't really do anything about it. They thereby encourage poor performers and undermine any coaching efforts, but that's just a reality that management has to deal with, not an excuse to do a poor job themselves.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I never saw that in 23 years. Failing to get someone fired was never mentioned as a reason to punish management.

Now, some management did view successfully firing a poor employee as a father in their cap. I always thought of those as weak managers, any successful termination should be viewed as a failure of management. The goal is not to fire poor performers, the goal is to motivate and coach them into good performers.

Granted, the union will fight tooth and nail to protect poor performers, basically giving them the message that it is acceptable to sandbag the job and management can't really do anything about it. They thereby encourage poor performers and undermine any coaching efforts, but that's just a reality that management has to deal with, not an excuse to do a poor job themselves.
Are u 4 real

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Have you ever heard of or seen an attempt of a unjust termination of a (good union employee)?

There are plenty of examples in the long line of history of Management targeting productive Union Members to keep them in-line, prove a point or make an example.

Where your total of 23 years all in the IE department or did you have some experience in operations?

Even if the employees are reinstated the intent is still there.

brownIEman

Have you ever heard of or seen an attempt of a unjust termination of a (good union employee)?

There are plenty of examples in the long line of history of Management targeting productive Union Members to keep them in-line, prove a point or make an example.

Where your total of 23 years all in the IE department or did you have some experience in operations?

Even if the employees are reinstated the intent is still there.
Ironically, I joined BC during the 5 ish of my 23 years that were IE. the rest was largely operations.

I saw management do underhanded dishonest crap. I saw stewards and BAs do so as well.

I've seen decently productive employees targeted for other reasons, such as crap attitude or a disruptive influence on an operation. Heard of employees targeted for stupid things, but no one was stupid enough to admit it directly to me.
Targeting of employees for anything other than actual infractions is weak management. Most minor infractions can be dealt with in a decent conversation without need for a Pittsburg, at least in operations where that's still allowed.

In this case, firing seems overboard (not knowing any other details) but walking off the job of there's still work to do is not OK.

Jlandry

You think the Union is messed up and in term oil? Wait until Sean and Taibi get in office. You people need to wake up before it’s to late.

Big Rigger

That is not how it works. Must you continue to “beat this dead horse”?
The horse's name is integrity?

Why do you assume the screen name "Integrity" garners you some all-knowing and cancelling credibility?
Leadership is a name associated with people who lead others. Weak leadership accrues no support thus disenfranchised membership.
You can assert your opinion as the be all end all but you are in the minority whether you like it or not.

Rebutting your posting is like trying to sell hair straightener in China. It's a waste of time.

Jlandry

So..convince us..Why would we vote for the other guys?

Serious question..another would be are they any different from each other?
I don’t know Vairma personally. I have researched him and I will say he has done a lot of good things for his members and of course he doesn’t threaten them or any members that don’t support him. Also we all know Sean is a bully and many of us know Taibi is an idiot. Vote however you want. I will not vote for Sean or Taibi.

J.D. Hogg

I love the sign !
:yesssmileyf:
It's about time someone had the balls to walk the walk.

My supervisor, steward, the office personnel at our Local union office, and the building manager are all butthole buddies who side with each other on everything and employees don't stand a chance.