Washington Post Slam

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
All of the battles in court and before the National Labor Relations Board which have been brought against the Fedex independent contractor model for their ground business have been filed by Fedex and former Fedex workers. Anyone else would have no standing.

Did that hurt to do? Write that without actually bursting out in laughter?

geopotts

Re: Discuss: UPS Employees Say They Were Forced to Lobby Against Fed Ex

Not at our center. We had a choice and I think that everyone should have participated. After all this is about continuing to grow as a company, which pays for our health, pension, just to mention a few. So don't bitch and be happy for what we have.

Dustyroads

It's just a fact. All of the challenges of the Fedex ground independent contractor status have been filed by Fedex workers and former workers.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
It's just a fact. All of the challenges of the Fedex ground independent contractor status have been filed by Fedex workers and former workers.

You are factually correct.

All of the letters written by UPS employees were voluntary and because we care for the well-being of our fellow man, our brothers at FedEx.

That can be said to be factual as well.

Dustyroads

Mine was voluntary. From reading the posts and the article in the Washington Evening Post, I would conclude that there were some overzealous center teams that took actions that made some of their employees feel pressured into writing the letters.

In our center, there were no threats made if people didn't want to write. I know of a couple drivers who chose not to and were not intimidated at all over it.

If I were running the company, I would have probably approached it a little differently or given my center teams a little more direction on how to run the letter writing campaign.

sendagain

No two companies doing the identical work in a business should be governed by different laws that give a financial advantage to one over the other.

Dustyroads

Of course, if I were running Fedex I wouldn't have run that stupid brownbailout campaign that cost millions and produced nothing except embarassment.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
No two companies doing the identical work in a business should be governed by different laws that give a financial advantage to one over the other.

So UPS Should go for using the IC model?

Two companies doing identical work are governed by different laws more often than not. Sole Prop vs. LLC vs. C Corp vs. S Corp, for starters.

PMSair

they did it in our center in lanham

Walkins

Both Dusty Roads and Tie Guy,

Simply put I read the whole H.R. 915 and it does not solve the whole issue.
I am just informed and not justing looking at one section of the bill as you two both seemed to be focused on.

Walkins

Mr. Walkins since you're on a pro UPS website making a pro Fdx argument could you at least give us the courtesy of giving us your background and why you are here making this lame argument?

According to other posts it is not a Pro argument for FedEx, as apparently they want to unionize more so than to read the whole bill.

Also....I am a UPS Employee, who does not like to be brain washed or threatened to do something.

We were forced here. I was told "than don't be a :censored2: team player." Unreal.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
all ours in our centers were voluntary.

and i can assure whatever reporter is reading this that brown cafe DOES NOT REPRESENT A MAJORITY OF OUR DRIVERS OR COMPANY.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Whatever. I am assuming you're not just at a terminal where there is 100 or less employees, where you can ask evey manager?

Not voluntary for a lot of us!

i find it interesting that you have made your first few posts in this thread and claim to be a UPS employee. What do you do at UPS?

klein

Für Meno :)
Ask any manager - all letters were written voluntarily.

If I would have gotten one of those letters, I would have taken it to one of my fedex drivers on my route (ran into them all the time).
Would have shown them it, and asked if I should sign it for them.

You know what, I would have probably been told, like many times before ?

No, thanks, I'll never want your workload or those long working hrs !

Walkins

all ours in our centers were voluntary.

and i can assure whatever reporter is reading this that brown cafe DOES NOT REPRESENT A MAJORITY OF OUR DRIVERS OR COMPANY.

Well good. I am glad to hear that. However, I have talked to some centers who do not agree in the voluntary approach of doing this.....which is if you do not do it, your name goes on a list to officers of the company.

Dustyroads

The "letter" that we were given was just an outline of issues about the bill. We were actually told that we needed to write our letter in handwriting, I asked specifically about the merits of using a keyboard. So, anyone could have written anything they pleased, it was in our own handwriting.

Did anyone at any center in the USA get a warning letter or a verbal warning or any other discipline for failing to write a letter or for expressing a different view.

If so, let's hear about it, copy the warning letter if you have one.