Wasn't going to post this

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So I'm out as a helper today...we pull up to this driveway...about an 80 foot winding driveway up to this huge house. I grab the package..driver in is the back sorting. I get about halfway up the driveway....two big german shepherds with electronic collars come running at me barking. All i got is a small zappos box...no diad. So i freeze...drop to a knee and wait...one stops barking and sniffs my hand...so I stand up and continue walking up to the house...the other doog running along side me still barking.

The owner walks out...oh you're very brave, she says. Did they hurt you? No...I'm fine...What do you mean? Oh the fedex guy was here last week and he came around to the back door and she got scared and bit him....Okaaaay. :censored2: people. Control your animals.
I hope this driver didn't know about these dogs beforehand, putting you in harms way. Second, this would be the last time I would go anywhere near his driveway. Now this idiot is going to use the excuse "The other driver (BB58) didn't get bit, it must be something you did", so that he can mentally justify leaving his dangerous dogs to roam around his property unchecked.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I hope this driver didn't know about these dogs beforehand, putting you in harms way. Second, this would be the last time I would go anywhere near his driveway. Now this idiot is going to use the excuse "The other driver (BB58) didn't get bit, it must be something you did", so that he can mentally justify leaving his dangerous dogs to roam around his property unchecked.
Driver hasn't been to that house in months he said...He's nice...he would've warned me had he known. But in the future...DR mailbox.

AKCoverMan

I really hope this phlegm wad didn't get anything. It would not surprise me if he was paid off though. Just enough to make him feel victorious when at the end of the day UPS was simply swatting a fly the easiest way possible. Which is just business.

Take heart in the fact that his hate site, his fb page, and his corp email was overwhelmed with opposition. If he wants to delude himself with "victory" let him go to heck in his own way.

Oh and he better get on good terms with the Customer Counter. Sounds like he will be visiting on a regular basis. Can't imagine any driver in that center who is going to go on this idiots property again.

FilingBluesFL

The one weird experience I had was, a Doberman came up to me one day, calm as can be. Needed a signature from the home owner. Dog put its head under my hand and I pet it while the guy was signing.

He stops, looks down, "I don't know how you haven't lost your hand yet. That dog has never let anyone pet it other than the family..."

That's when I sloooooowwwwwly took my hand away lol

I think the guy was more freaked out than me.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Let's look at this issue in another light. Put a little spin on it.
The driver approaches the side door following the wife who led him from the front door. As he approaches the side door, he can hear the dog barking and carrying on.
Suddenly, the door is opened and the dog charges at him. From all outward appearances the dog it preparing to attack.
The driver backs away keeping the DIAD between him and the dog, trying to keep it away as he is trained to do. It does no good. The dog is quick and evades his attempts to protect his legs. The dog bites him just above the boot on the backside of his ankle. Instead of a quick nip the dog starts to tug and pull as it sinks its teeth deeper. This is common with this breed of dog. Remember they are bred to hunt and kill. It is their instinct. This all happens in a matter of seconds.
The owners try to get the dog to release its grip on the driver but the dog refuses. The more he pulls and shakes his head the more damage he is doing to the driver's leg.
The driver eventually escape the grip of the animal after it finally listens to its frantic owners. The driver's ankle is badly mangled. Surely the Achilles is damaged.
The physical and mental damage done to this driver in this scenario is only the half of what he will go through. He will have to endure countless hours of interrogation from UPS and try to explain what he could have done differently to have prevented this heinous injury. He will be forced to second guess his every decision. And every year when he does his annual ride he will be forced to relive the traumatic injury. That is....if he makes a full recovery from having his Achilles torn by an aggressive out of control dog.
I do not blame the driver for trying to protect himself. There is no animal out there that is more important than the safety and well being of our drivers. Too many times, the drivers encounter situations that are dangerous. Our "Training" for these situations is deplorably inadequate and leaves no other recourse than go in to self-preservation mode.
The driver did the right thing and any one of us would have done the same.

BrownTexas

Had a responsible dog owner today. Was delivering a computer so I waited for a signature. 17 yr old girl let her dog into the backyard before coming to open the door to sign. I made sure to thank her for being such.

oldngray

nowhere special
ok_that_was_a_bit_unexpected.jpg