Wasn't going to post this

wayfair

swollen member
Man never gives up his name, and registers by proxy because he knows he is just trash

Steve Sanford

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/ups-driver-hits-dog-leaving-him-blind-owner-says/ngP5F/?__federated=1

ALPHARETTA, Ga. —

The owner of a Jack Russell Terrier says a UPS driver hit his dog several times, causing the animal to go blind in one eye.

Steve Sanford said on May 23, his dog, named Max, was struck twice in the face by a UPS driver who was picking up a package at his home.

Sanford said he realized something had happened when the dog came back inside with a swollen eye.

He said he looked at surveillance footage, which shows the driver taking two wide swings at the small dog.

Sanford said the driver never mentioned the incident to him.

He said that after multiple visits to a veterinarian, Max will never regain vision in one eye.

UPS told Channel 2 Action News that it could not comment on the incident but that their drivers are trained to go back to their vehicles if they feel they cannot safely pick up or drop off a package.

Sanford said UPS recently told him that they will not take any action against the driver.

“I think that people need to understand that their pets, their animals, which are part of their family, are in danger,” Sanford said. “And that a 200-pound driver can basically beat a 12-pound dog and there are absolutely no repercussions for it.”

A UPS spokesperson told Channel 2’s Carl Willis that the company will look into the incident, but Sanford said he has already launched a campaign against the company.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My biggest concern at this point, and something we have all kind of been overlooking, is the status of our driver. Did he get a warning letter? Was he forced to give up his route in order to not have to enter their property as part of a settlement? I could care less if UPS wound up paying for the dog's vet bill or not, but I would be real pissed to find out that our driver was getting jacked up over all of this. Do we have any Brown Café members at or near the center this happened in?

And on that note, here is a bit of "speculation". It looked to me from watching the video that the driver had to bend awkwardly, stumble, and go into end-range motion to fend the dog off. Any chance he might have....um..."injured" himself? False accusations can go both ways......

purplesky

100% blame on the owner... get it straight

Its been established that the UPS driver had the right to defend himself and he did. No problem.

BUT THE UPS DRIVER :censored2:ED UP WHEN HE LIED TO HIS REGULAR UPS CUSTOMER ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN THE DRIVEWAY WHEN THE CUSTOMER HEARD HIS DOG GETTING HIT FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE. REGARDLESS OF FAULT.

The UPS driver should have been honest and just said sorry but your dog was coming at me and I smacked him with my board. THIS SITUATION FOR UPS CHANGED ONCE THEIR DRIVER LIED.

The only real ammunition this dog owner had for his smear UPS social media campaign was that OUR REGULAR UPS GUY HIT OUR DOG AND LIED TO OUR FACE ABOUT IT AND JUST LEFT.

So yes 10% blame goes to the driver for making this bad situation worse with his dishonesty.

There is noway I could hit a customers dog like that and pretend like nothing happened and lie to their face.

So if the video camera had not been there and not recorded the driver seriously injuring the dog I guess this UPS driver would have to continue the lie for how long? HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE?

soberups

Its been established that the UPS driver had the right to defend himself and he did. No problem.

BUT THE UPS DRIVER :censored2:ED UP WHEN HE LIED TO HIS REGULAR UPS CUSTOMER ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN THE DRIVEWAY WHEN THE CUSTOMER HEARD HIS DOG GETTING HIT FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE. REGARDLESS OF FAULT.

The UPS driver should have been honest and just said sorry but your dog was coming at me and I smacked him with my board. THIS SITUATION FOR UPS CHANGED ONCE THEIR DRIVER LIED.

The only real ammunition this dog owner had for his smear UPS social media campaign was that OUR REGULAR UPS GUY HIT OUR DOG AND LIED TO OUR FACE ABOUT IT AND JUST LEFT.

So yes 10% blame goes to the driver for making this bad situation worse with his dishonesty.

There is noway I could hit a customers dog like that and pretend like nothing happened and lie to their face.

So if the video camera had not been there and not recorded the driver seriously injuring the dog I guess this UPS driver would have to continue the lie for how long? HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE?
How do you know that our driver lied or neglected to tell the owner that he had hit the dog?

We are only hearing one side of the story.

I cant say for certain that our driver even made contact with the dog when he swung the DIAD. The video is blurry enough that its impossible to say for certain.

purplesky

How do you know that our driver lied or neglected to tell the owner that he had hit the dog?

We are only hearing one side of the story.

I cant say for certain that our driver even made contact with the dog when he swung the DIAD. The video is blurry enough that its impossible to say for certain.

If I understand the story correctly this regular UPS customer GOT REALLY PISSED OFF WHEN HIS REGULAR UPS DRIVER SERIOUSLY INJURED HIS DOG AND DIDNT :censored2:ING TELL HIM ABOUT IT? SO HE WENT SOCIAL MEDIA :censored2:ING CRAZY ON UPS.

Didn't the dog owner in his video say he heard his dog from inside the house yelping? He asked the UPS driver about it and he said nothing?

All I am saying is that IF I SMACKED A DOG LIKE THAT I WOULD TELL THE CUSTOMER WHEN IT HAPPENED.

I guess the driver didn't realize he got caught on video? Ofcourse the dog owner got super pissed at UPS when he realized the driver pretended like nothing happened.

The driver should have just come clean and the dog owner wouldn't have had ammunition for the :censored2: UPS social media game.

wayfair

swollen member
If I understand the story correctly ?

yea, remember the story???? the story about the driver going straight to the side door?? the story of how his dogs greet, bark and begin to play?? the story about the invisible fence??
the guy is the one who opened the garage door and let the dog out... he's full of sheet..

soberups

If I understand the story correctly this regular UPS customer GOT REALLY PISSED OFF WHEN HIS REGULAR UPS DRIVER SERIOUSLY INJURED HIS DOG AND DIDNT :censored2:ING TELL HIM ABOUT IT? SO HE WENT SOCIAL MEDIA :censored2:ING CRAZY ON UPS.

Didn't the dog owner in his video say he heard his dog from inside the house yelping? He asked the UPS driver about it and he said nothing?

All I am saying is that IF I SMACKED A DOG LIKE THAT I WOULD TELL THE CUSTOMER WHEN IT HAPPENED.

I guess the driver didn't realize he got caught on video? Ofcourse the dog owner got super pissed at UPS when he realized the driver pretended like nothing happened.

The driver should have just come clean and the dog owner wouldn't have had ammunition for the :censored2: UPS social media game.

Is it possible that the dog owner might be lying, exaggerating or witholding information?

Is it possible that the dog owner is selectively editing the footage and embellishing the story in order to get UPS to pay the vet bill?

Is it wise to assume that we are getting a full and accurate account from the dogs owner?

purplesky

yea, remember the story???? the story about the driver going straight to the side door?? the story of how his dogs greet, bark and begin to play?? the story about the invisible fence??
the guy is the one who opened the garage door and let the dog out... he's full of sheet..

I guess the next time the driver hits a dog he should look for a video camera after it happens?

Just in case he blinds another dog and is afraid to tell a regular customer he sees on a regular basis?

I think its fair to say that MOST DOG OWNERS WOULD BE SUPER PISSED IF THEIR REGULAR UPS GUY WHO IS A FIXTURE IN THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD BLINDED THEIR DOG AND DIDNT SAY ANYTHING? Even if its in self defense?

And so UPS drivers are not capable of lying about things that happen on the job? Really?

purplesky

Is it possible that the dog owner might be lying, exaggerating or witholding information?

Is it possible that the dog owner is selectively editing the footage and embellishing the story in order to get UPS to pay the vet bill?

Is it wise to assume that we are getting a full and accurate account from the dogs owner?

Anythings possible? Maybe the driver is lying? I don't know? Maybe the driver hates dogs?

But the video shows enough to establish the driver smacked the dog and hurt his eye.

I would have called my sup right away just to cover my ass. I would have told the customer?

You have to see these people on a regular basis?

wayfair

swollen member
I guess the next time the driver hits a dog he should look for a video camera after it happens?

Just in case he blinds another dog and is afraid to tell a regular customer he sees on a regular basis?

I think its fair to say that MOST DOG OWNERS WOULD BE SUPER PISSED IF THEIR REGULAR UPS GUY WHO IS A FIXTURE IN THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD BLINDED THEIR DOG AND DIDNT SAY ANYTHING? Even if its in self defense?

And so UPS drivers are not capable of lying about things that happen on the job? Really?

lie about what??? You haven't even heard the driver's side... Did you even watch the whole video before he took it down? apparently not, both home owners were right there when it happened....