Wasn't going to post this

purplesky

Cameras can lie very easily with selective editing.

I really doubt the driver thought he actually hurt the dog when it happened.

9 times out of 10 that dog would have been ok? But unfortunately this time the diad board caught the dogs eye and this was the time the dog got hurt. The dog ran away and the eye swelled up.

I am not trying to beat up on the driver because the whole thing happened fast and the tiny fast dog took him by surprise.

Both parties have come to an agreement and life goes on.

purplesky

lie about what??? You haven't even heard the driver's side... Did you even watch the whole video before he took it down? apparently not, both home owners were right there when it happened....

So you tell me? Who hit the dog with the customers close by?

I have had dogs run at me many times when the dog owner is close by and I have never lost my composure and blinded their dog.

Yes I watched the video and I think this customer was just pissed because somebody he sees on a regular basis blinded his dog and didn't say anything about it? THAT WOULD PISS OFF MOST DOG OWNERS.

This pissed off customer happened to be one that is A LIVING NIGHTMARE FOR A COMPANY LIKE UPS.

If the driver had told the customer, hey sorry I smacked your dog BECAUSE YOUR DOG WAS CHARGING AND I FREAKED AND HIT YOUR TINY DOG and then called his management team to report it THIS WHOLE VIDEO THING WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Obviously the driver didn't know about the video and the extent of the dogs injury when he kept his mouth shut about the incident.

wayfair

swollen member
Well, the lady lead him around to the garage area, man opened the garage door, dog came out...

I have had dogs run at me many times when the dog owner is close by and I have never lost my composure and blinded their dog.
blinded there dog... really???? if he'd keep the dog put up... hmmm

Yes I watched the video and I think this customer was just pissed because somebody he sees on a regular basis blinded his dog and didn't say anything about it? THAT WOULD PISS OFF MOST DOG OWNERS.
put your dog up like a RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNER

This pissed off customer happened to be one that is A LIVING NIGHTMARE FOR A COMPANY LIKE UPS.
more like a LIVING NIGHTMARE FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANY

If the driver had told the customer, hey sorry I smacked your dog BECAUSE YOUR DOG WAS CHARGING AND I FREAKED AND HIT YOUR TINY DOG and then called his management team to report it THIS WHOLE VIDEO THING WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

if the customer had KEPT HIS DOG PUT UP, THIS WHOLE VIDEO THING WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE

Obviously the driver didn't know about the video and the extent of the dogs injury when he kept his mouth shut about the incident.
the only time you report incidents with dogs is when you get bit or run one over...
Where do you work?? I know it's not UPS

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

You really need to get that CAPS lock KEY LOOKED at.

Sent using BrownCafe App

RandomDrone

For better or worse (hint: worse), this is just the way things work. It's often cheaper to settle than fight something even if you know you are in the right, especially considering the slight chance that you might lose. Lawyers do this all the time and they would be negligent if they did not. Besides maybe local media the only people who cared about this were his facebook friends and UPS employees. If it went national even if only one out of a thousand people "shipped one less", it would cost the company more money than just settling.

You can't dwell on self-entitled idiots trying to scam money in this situation, I agree the most important thing is that the driver is protected.

Last edited:

purplesky

the only time you report incidents with dogs is when you get bit or run one over...
Where do you work?? I know it's not UPS

I just play a UPS driver on TV.

I report anything that could jeopardize my job. Smacking a customers dog while making a pickup is one of those times I call the center and give a heads up.

I don't like customer concerns.

purplesky

I think its weird that this driver had never met this dog before if he is the regular driver?

If you have a regular route or run as a regular xman on the same routes you get to know the dogs at regular stops.

Most people will introduce their dog to a UPS driver if they order a lot of stuff and if they don't I have always asked customers if their dog is friendly or should I be worried?

If I am going to be DRing packages at back or side door I want to know about their dog.

So maybe this UPS driver did know the dog and maybe the dog is a biter?

Although I doubt the customer would have gone ape:censored2: with a social media crusade if his dog is truly vicious and a threat to bite invited guests on his property.

purplesky

the only report that should have been made is to Animal Control

Maybe their was a report to animal control. If I were that driver I would have checked to see if anybody else ever reported that dog being vicious?

Just to feel better about that damn dog I blinded. He has to be second guessing himself. I know I would.

Maybe an aggressive stance and a flat palm out would have been a better defensive manuever with the customer so close.

Easy to second guess. I know.

wayfair

swollen member
you sure do seem to think that the driver intended to blind that dog... why is that???

I don't care if the owner is there or not, it's his job to restrain the animal, if he can't I'm protecting my self... and sorry, it won't be a flat palm... flat palm?? buhaaahhaaahaaa, now that's funny

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So I'm out as a helper today...we pull up to this driveway...about an 80 foot winding driveway up to this huge house. I grab the package..driver in is the back sorting. I get about halfway up the driveway....two big german shepherds with electronic collars come running at me barking. All i got is a small zappos box...no diad. So i freeze...drop to a knee and wait...one stops barking and sniffs my hand...so I stand up and continue walking up to the house...the other doog running along side me still barking.

The owner walks out...oh you're very brave, she says. Did they hurt you? No...I'm fine...What do you mean? Oh the fedex guy was here last week and he came around to the back door and she got scared and bit him....Okaaaay. :censored2: people. Control your animals.

oldngray

nowhere special
So I'm out as a helper today...we pull up to this driveway...about an 80 foot winding driveway up to this huge house. I grab the package..driver in is the back sorting. I get about halfway up the driveway....two big german shepherds with electronic collars come running at me barking. All i got is a small zappos box...no diad. So i freeze...drop to a knee and wait...one stops barking and sniffs my hand...so I stand up and continue walking up to the house...the other doog running along side me still barking.

The owner walks out...oh you're very brave, she says. Did they hurt you? No...I'm fine...What do you mean? Oh the fedex guy was here last week and he came around to the back door and she got scared and bit him....Okaaaay. :censored2: people. Control your animals.

Freeze and remain calm as you faced the dogs (more difficult with 2 dogs) was the best thing for you to do in that situation.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Freeze and remain calm as you faced the dogs (more difficult with 2 dogs) was the best thing for you to do in that situation.
I'm not afraid of dogs...I grew up with a Rottweiler and 2 Labs. And screw it...they bite me...I'm on the clock. But outrun 2 dogs 50 feet or so back to the truck? Lol nope....not gonna happen with my knees. Is it 10 pm yet??? Lol :beersmiley:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just play a UPS driver on TV.

I report anything that could jeopardize my job. Smacking a customers dog while making a pickup is one of those times I call the center and give a heads up.

I don't like customer concerns.

I also call the center if anything unusual happens that may result in a customer concern. They don't like surprises and appreciate the heads up.