We must launch a coordinated Strike or else we're all screwed...

UPS Preloader

Re: We must launch a coordinated Strike or else were all screwed...

​...and no part time job at UPS was meant to be a career.

Those that are self employed outside of UPS and need benefits don't look at it as a career, they look at it as a necessity. Why punish them?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

​...and no part time job at UPS was meant to be a career.

Those that are self employed outside of UPS and need benefits don't look at it as a career, they look at it as a necessity. Why punish them?

I didn't say I approved.
Just stating facts.
​While I'm at it, if the part timers voted????

Perhaps they punish themselves?

How is central ststes benifits a punishment?? Think about this. What part time jobs offer benifits like central states and a $2100$$ pension too bout? Life ain't cheap and these benifits aren't being cheap.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Why should UPS foot the bill for someone that has a business of their own? If you're self employed, buy your own insurance. Just sayin.

UPS Preloader

How is central ststes benifits a punishment?? Think about this. What part time jobs offer benifits like central states and a $2100$$ pension too bout? Life ain't cheap and these benifits aren't being cheap.

Good evening 407. Not referring to CS Plan. My issue is the new starting pay for the PT's. A net 50 cent increase is a joke in my opinion. Regarding the CS health plan, I looked at it and I didn't think it was all that bad. Yes, some costs went up, but the majority of it seemed very similar. That being said, it doesn't affect me.

Good evening 407. Not referring to CS Plan. My issue is the new starting pay for the PT's. A net 50 cent increase is a joke in my opinion. Regarding the CS health plan, I looked at it and I didn't think it was all that bad. Yes, some costs went up, but the majority of it seemed very similar. That being said, it doesn't affect me.
You are crying a river for unborn teamster who don't even work here yet. They haven't even dropped sweat yet. They are the UNBORN. I like them but they haven't even worked at United Parcel yet. Do you know even know what United Parcel is???? I know for a fact they don't so I'm not cutting the existing members throats for them ever. They will pay there dues shortly and then they will have a VOICE. Preacher tells the TRUTH and it HURTS.

UPS Preloader

You are crying a river for unborn teamster who don't even work here yet. They haven't even dropped sweat yet. They are the UNBORN. I like them but they haven't even worked at United Parcel yet. Do you know even know what United Parcel is???? I know for a fact they don't so I'm not cutting the existing members throats for them ever. They will pay there dues shortly and then they will have a VOICE. Preacher tells the TRUTH and it HURTS.

The FT's look out for the future FT's, so why shouldn't the PT's look out for the future PT's?

hyena

I respect that, but I feel obligated to lookout for the future Teamster's as well. (Let's agree to disagree.)
We need to look out for the current Teamsters, And the Retirees who got us to where we are now! The newblood will find their way! Take care of the retirees! They paved the way. We owe them not the new!

hyena

If we dont look after the ones who paved our way, whos gonna look after us?

UPS Preloader

We need to look out for the current Teamsters, And the Retirees who got us to where we are now! Take care of the retirees! They paved the way. We owe them!

I agree with all of the above, but if we don't look out for the future teamsters, there might not be any. Then whose going to look out for us?

stink219

So what should it be?

Net $1.50 increase. (They shouldn't have taken away the $1.00 after 90 days.) IMO
That's respectable. I've heard insane amounts like 15-18 to start.
Maybe that was due to the reduction of 18 months to 12 months for medical? I just think the end result was that not every single person will ever be happy. But overall, I think this is a great contract. There is something for everyone and I feel Hall did an amazing job. Sean O was unbelievable is our NE Supplement. I love it! We will be arranging stewards meetings on addressing and policing the new language which is key to the success of this contract.