Strike readiness

clipperman

1998 contract, 1997 , we voted down

2013 was voted down by members, due to less than 50 % vote it passed . The IBT can pass a contract if less thsn 50% of people vote, reguardless of how everyone voted. This isn't like regular elections, majority or the votes wins.
What? When was the master in 2013 voted down?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

2013 was voted down by members, due to less than 50 % vote it passed . The IBT can pass a contract if less thsn 50% of people vote, reguardless of how everyone voted. This isn't like regular elections, majority or the votes wins.

in 97 we walked without a vote. 2013 master barely passed but could not be implemented until all supplements passed and they didn't. so 10 months later the supplements that failed were pushed through and that in turn ratified/implemented the master. technically we have never voted down a master.

1998 was voted down, pensions were going to be replaced with inferior plans. Insurance premiums were going to be paid by employees, job stagnation. This didn't happen. We kept and increased the pension. stronger work rules were put into place, and ups was required to hire 10,000 full time employees. Thus also creating more pt jobs too. wages were increased no sat or sun del. ups wanted to raise weight limit to 150 from 70, only got to 120 if I remember correctly.

2002-2006 was ratified by 86% under new leadership at teamsters.
2007-2012 was ratified
2013 was voted down but pushed through as a yes due to lack of votes, supplements in areas were voted down and had to have stronger language and protections written into them to help combat the nma

the point being if you are just going to yes to what they offer why do we need a contract?
Do I agree with everything in every contract ,no. Do I disagree with everything in every contract, no. You have the chance each time a contract comes up to have some input. Sometimes there is just one sticking point that makes you want to vote no, or a perk that makes you vote yes. I have heard both sides. One who will vote yes because they are offering to put fans in the trucks. one who will vote no because they are offering to put fans in the truck. For me it's the language, it is to easily twisted. Why different protections for rpcd and 22.4? Why different pay scales to do the same job? I have been here long enough to see what happens when the contract is not clear. Here is my chance to let them know that. Vote either way you want. you don't have to be disgruntled to disagree.

There has NEVER been a NMA voted down. Ever.

542thruNthru

You are wrong on both.

97 never went to a vote.

2013 the master passed. What you're probably thinking of is the supplements that were imposed.
Screenshot_20180921-105445.png

Froome

Read what I said, we voted it down, but the low turn out allowed IBT to pass it anyways. Yes it passed, but not because of the yes votes, because of the lack of votes.

1998 was voted down, pensions were going to be replaced with inferior plans. Insurance premiums were going to be paid by employees, job stagnation. This didn't happen. We kept and increased the pension. stronger work rules were put into place, and ups was required to hire 10,000 full time employees. Thus also creating more pt jobs too. wages were increased no sat or sun del. ups wanted to raise weight limit to 150 from 70, only got to 120 if I remember correctly.

2002-2006 was ratified by 86% under new leadership at teamsters.
2007-2012 was ratified
2013 was voted down but pushed through as a yes due to lack of votes, supplements in areas were voted down and had to have stronger language and protections written into them to help combat the nma

the point being if you are just going to yes to what they offer why do we need a contract?
Do I agree with everything in every contract ,no. Do I disagree with everything in every contract, no. You have the chance each time a contract comes up to have some input. Sometimes there is just one sticking point that makes you want to vote no, or a perk that makes you vote yes. I have heard both sides. One who will vote yes because they are offering to put fans in the trucks. one who will vote no because they are offering to put fans in the truck. For me it's the language, it is to easily twisted. Why different protections for rpcd and 22.4? Why different pay scales to do the same job? I have been here long enough to see what happens when the contract is not clear. Here is my chance to let them know that. Vote either way you want. you don't have to be disgruntled to disagree.

May very well be the most ignorant post I've read....

Read what I said, we voted it down, but the low turn out allowed IBT to pass it anyways. Yes it passed, but not because of the yes votes, because of the lack of votes.

Then doubled down...
giphy-downsized-large.gif

No voters are not disgruntled. We are realistic. We have worked at UPS long enough to know if there is any ambiguity in the language it will be twisted from the original intent. Read the contract and see where things could be interpreted differently than the intent. You wouldn't accept a contract on a house that was ambiguous. Why would you accept one with your employer.
You are in weak locals.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but already voted No officially the day I got the ballot your theory is crap and not valid. Got anything else? So you admit you hate UPS but rag on NO voters for expressing their concerns over the new contract language? Hypocrite
You say you are expressing your opinion, but they really are lies.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
No guarantee they go back to the table.

unless its a yes vote or its forced on us (for a variety of different loopholes in the bylaws), a no vote resulting in a strike or a no vote resulting in a continuation to work under the old contract would still require both parties to return to the table.