Strike readiness

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I’m thankful for the pay and benefits, i can’t hate them? Difference is some are just voting no for spite, using the whole car dealership example, car dealership doesn’t pay the mortgage. Profile pic looks like you drive a P500, that’s gotta suck.
Hating them with a passion no. That’s to me says you shouldn’t work for them and chances are you are a miserable person as a result. It’s not healthy either. And not I drive a new 1000. It’s like a Cadillac thanks for your concern though. People voting no just in spite is no different then people voting yes just bc it will benefit them imo. As a union it is a brotherhood and if the person next to you will get shafted I don’t think you should vote yes but that’s just me. Each to their own ya feels me cuz

542thruNthru

Hating them with a passion no. That’s to me says you shouldn’t work for them and chances are you are a miserable person as a result. It’s not healthy either. And not I drive a new 1000. It’s like a Cadillac thanks for your concern though. People voting no just in spite is no different then people voting yes just bc it will benefit them imo. As a union it is a brotherhood and if the person next to you will get shafted I don’t think you should vote yes but that’s just me. Each to their own ya feels me cuz

giphy-10.gif

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Why are you so rude?
You mean direct? Because I stated in my previous post that the members and I that are voting No is mainly due to bad contract langauge. You then took a word out of my next post and tried to imply that I am voting No because I hate UPS in general, which is not true. So if you feel I'm rude and i hurt your feelings go cry in the corner, you want to act as if your not instigating people and trying to use their words against them.

babboo25

Banned
Huh?

SameRightsForAll

I’d hold onto the money because it will be gone after about 16 days on the picket line.

So you're saying that part-timers are poor and live paycheck to paycheck and won't be able to afford a strike. Many part-timers have 2 or 3 jobs or run a side business. You'd be surprised to learn that many UPS part-timers earn more in a year than a full-time driver or close enough. Quit looking down on a class of employees that UPS itself has forced most of its workforce into. Besides, they'd probably rather be broke during a strike than to be responsible for voting in the biggest cluster friend in UPS history.

babboo25

Banned
You mean direct? Because I stated in my previous post that the members and I that are voting No is mainly due to bad contract langauge. You then took a word out of my next post and tried to imply that I am voting No because I hate UPS in general, which is not true. So if you feel I'm rude and i hurt your feelings go cry in the corner, you want to act as if your not instigating people and trying to use their words against them.
So you speak for all the No voters? So powerful.

Froome

Can you post some factual information on past contracts that were voted down at UPS?

1998 was voted down, pensions were going to be replaced with inferior plans. Insurance premiums were going to be paid by employees, job stagnation. This didn't happen. We kept and increased the pension. stronger work rules were put into place, and ups was required to hire 10,000 full time employees. Thus also creating more pt jobs too. wages were increased no sat or sun del. ups wanted to raise weight limit to 150 from 70, only got to 120 if I remember correctly.

2002-2006 was ratified by 86% under new leadership at teamsters.
2007-2012 was ratified
2013 was voted down but pushed through as a yes due to lack of votes, supplements in areas were voted down and had to have stronger language and protections written into them to help combat the nma

the point being if you are just going to yes to what they offer why do we need a contract?
Do I agree with everything in every contract ,no. Do I disagree with everything in every contract, no. You have the chance each time a contract comes up to have some input. Sometimes there is just one sticking point that makes you want to vote no, or a perk that makes you vote yes. I have heard both sides. One who will vote yes because they are offering to put fans in the trucks. one who will vote no because they are offering to put fans in the truck. For me it's the language, it is to easily twisted. Why different protections for rpcd and 22.4? Why different pay scales to do the same job? I have been here long enough to see what happens when the contract is not clear. Here is my chance to let them know that. Vote either way you want. you don't have to be disgruntled to disagree.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
1998 was voted down, pensions were going to be replaced with inferior plans. Insurance premiums were going to be paid by employees, job stagnation. This didn't happen. We kept and increased the pension. stronger work rules were put into place, and ups was required to hire 10,000 full time employees. Thus also creating more pt jobs too. wages were increased no sat or sun del. ups wanted to raise weight limit to 150 from 70, only got to 120 if I remember correctly.

2007-2012 was ratified
2013 was voted down but pushed through as a yes due to lack of votes, supplements in areas were voted down and had to have stronger language and protections written into them to help combat the nma

the point being if you are just going to yes to what they offer why do we need a contract?
Do I agree with everything in every contract ,no. Do I disagree with everything in every contract, no. You have the chance each time a contract comes up to have some input. Sometimes there is just one sticking point that makes you want to vote no, or a perk that makes you vote yes. I have heard both sides. One who will vote yes because they are offering to put fans in the trucks. one who will vote no because they are offering to put fans in the truck. For me it's the language, it is to easily twisted. Why different protections for rpcd and 22.4? Why different pay scales to do the same job? I have been here long enough to see what happens when the contract is not clear. Here is my chance to let them know that. Vote either way you want. you don't have to be disgruntled to disagree.
Don’t waste your time he will just say you are voting no bc you hate the company and blah blah blah.

Tony Q

So you're saying that part-timers are poor and live paycheck to paycheck and won't be able to afford a strike. Many part-timers have 2 or 3 jobs or run a side business. You'd be surprised to learn that many UPS part-timers earn more in a year than a full-time driver or close enough. Quit looking down on a class of employees that UPS itself has forced most of its workforce into. Besides, they'd probably rather be broke during a strike than to be responsible for voting in the biggest cluster friend in UPS history.

Where did I say this at.

Also the ups Teamster workforce is about 46% full time and 54% part time.

Froome

The funny thing I'm voting to protect his job more than mine. I have enough seniority I'll be working no matter what. Even if the contract passes, he might be working, "if there is work" for him.

babboo25

Banned

2007-2012 was ratified

I really just wanted to make you text 3 really long paragraphs, it worked. Every union contract can probably be manipulated by both sides. If I need a fan I’ll ask our mechanic.

Fenris

2007-2012 was ratified

I don't believe 1998 or 2013 was voted down. Last, best and final in 98 was not voted on. 2013 master passed with a little bit over 50%?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Go out on comp, instant pay day.

It would be a perfect time to get all those surgeries or bed and rest that most of us have been putting off for some time.

Is there any documented statistics out there on the percentages of UPS employees that are forced to leave early or retire with some form of permanent disability or a work related injury...It would be a eye opener..:eek:

vvv

Why are we even considering a strike honestly. Just give rights in the ontract for 22.4 positions (same as drivers) and I think most people would be happy

Just give them the same rights huh.....and everything is solved just like that. Too funny :)

Did you ever happen to notice that the company walks on those supposed "rights" of many of us and does not respect and honor them?

Contract needs a lot more work than that partner.

Froome

1998 contract, 1997 , we voted down

2013 was voted down by members, due to less than 50 % vote it passed . The IBT can pass a contract if less thsn 50% of people vote, reguardless of how everyone voted. This isn't like regular elections, majority or the votes wins.