Weird UPS rules

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
another weird rule.... you cannot wear brown socks without the ups logo on them if you are wearing shorts.... doesn't matter if the brown socks are a perfect match.... THEY MUST HAVE THE LOGO ON THEM!!!!!!!!! I got busted for that....

Peel the logos off of a pair of "official" UPS socks, and stick a piece of Velcro on the back of them. Then you can buy generic brown socks and just apply the logos on them every morning when you get dressed. Or, you can cut the tops off of a pair of UPS socks at about heel level, and just slide them down over a pair of el cheapo white socks. I did that with a pair of the original, 1993-vintage gold-stripe socks that we had to wear back when shorts first became available. I still wear them from time to time just to be different.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Ouch!
head_through_windshield.jpg

Just use a copy of the Ten Point Commentary to wipe all the blood off, and cover the hole in the glass with a copy of the Five Seeing Habits. Stick a replacement driver in there, give him a muffin and some HABITS acronyms to memorize, make sure that the $800 Telematics sensor is hooked up to that 2-point seatbelt, and send him on his merry way. Safety First!

Omega man

It really doesn't matter... Point is I'm not sticking my hand out the door blindly to move the mirror. Good way to lose an arm.

Sadly, we had a driver in my Local take this to a Panel and we lost. One of Hoffa's people sided with the company! Can you believe it? The driver is no longer working for UPS. I still will not do it. It's a madhouse......a madhouse!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Actually we have a guy in atlanta who sits in a cubicle and makes the constant rules changes. His name is Hook or Hoak or something like that. :happy-very:

That's more work than I can handle. :whiteflag:

I don't think I could even keep up with the enhancements to our benefits. :sad-little:

M

Mike23

Don't scan in the car...If ALL my labels are facing me it's idiotic to pick them up one by one, put them on the dock in a row of five scan and repeat. I just scan all 30 and toss'em on the dock. I was told it's to avoid missed scans. I haven't had a missed scan in I dunno how long (and no I don't do this idiotic thing, it's a waste of my time unless my labels aren't facing out).

As for the sock question...since trying to get management to order ANYTHING is like trying to...well, to change a route so that it's actually doable...here's how you get to the website to order them.

1 www.upsers.com
2. Click on 'our company'
3. Click 'UPS Merchandise'
4. Click 'The UPS Collection'
5. Click 'Cintas'

You can find'em in there somewhere.

tieguy

Banned
Just use a copy of the Ten Point Commentary to wipe all the blood off, and cover the hole in the glass with a copy of the Five Seeing Habits. Stick a replacement driver in there, give him a muffin and some HABITS acronyms to memorize, make sure that the $800 Telematics sensor is hooked up to that 2-point seatbelt, and send him on his merry way. Safety First!

Better yet apply the ten point commentary and the five seeing habits to keep you from hitting someone thus keeping you from going through the windshield. :happy-very:

ups1990

When pulling from curb. Glance over your left shoulder. I, don't do this in heavy traffic. Have you seen how close the transit buses come to hitting us? Don't want my face pancaked(scene from Terminator)

helenofcalifornia

So true about getting busted for walking through the overhead garage doors. And don't forget, stay within the white walkway lines when walking through the parking lot. No cutting corners!!!

old levi's

blank space
WEIRD RULE!!!!!!! If there is an emergency evacuation (lets say a fire) we cannot walk through the overhead garage doors... 200 of us must evacuate using a side door then walk past the gas pumps to get to our outside meet point....

Walking past the gas pumps during a fire sounds like a good plan.

paidover95

another weird rule.... you cannot wear brown socks without the ups logo on them if you are wearing shorts.... doesn't matter if the brown socks are a perfect match.... THEY MUST HAVE THE LOGO ON THEM!!!!!!!!! I got busted for that....
when you go to through your old ups socks out,just cut the tops off and slide them over any pair of socks!I hate paying for their socks when they realy should just supply them

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
It really doesn't matter... Point is I'm not sticking my hand out the door blindly to move the mirror. Good way to lose an arm.
Try looking in the mirror before you stick your arm out.:happy-very:Of course, resetting it might be somewhat tricky...