Weird UPS rules

UPSERNOJ

Management was not allowed to associate with the administrative staff on a personal level, like having lunch together. STUPID!

wrecker

When pulling from curb. Glance over your left shoulder. I, don't do this in heavy traffic. Have you seen how close the transit buses come to hitting us? Don't want my face pancaked(scene from Terminator)

I used to think this too... Argued with my on-car, till he demonstrated what it's about. They don't mean stick your head out the door.

Just turn your head and look left before you pull away. There is a blind spot there.

I wear black ankle socks a lot. It's usually not an issue for long. "Flavor of the week", you know.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I always felt that if you are required to wear a particular item then UPS should provide them for you. That being said I wear a brownn/gray Adidas sock. I've been wearing them for about 3 years now and no one has ever said a word.

bluehdmc

I thought they only had to be brown or black socks with shorts, the UPS logo isn't mandatory. It's just easier to get the cushy ones from cintas, usuallly the only brown socks I can find are thn dress socks.

screamin chicken

If you have less then 20 (not including smalls) p ups the driver unloads his truck, what is reload doing, they do not was the trucks either. So all they do is gas, and put them in the line. We have to send our eta in, and the best one is if we have more then 2 pd send agains we have to call them in. We are told to re-attempt them because we make no money going back the next day, arent we doing the same on the same day.

shrimpfire

shrimpfire
If you have less then 20 (not including smalls) p ups the driver unloads his truck, what is reload doing, they do not was the trucks either. So all they do is gas, and put them in the line. We have to send our eta in, and the best one is if we have more then 2 pd send agains we have to call them in. We are told to re-attempt them because we make no money going back the next day, arent we doing the same on the same day.
Still want the drivers to do it all, well pay us more and we will, then u want need the rest. BE like it use to be.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I always felt that if you are required to wear a particular item then UPS should provide them for you. That being said I wear a brownn/gray Adidas sock. I've been wearing them for about 3 years now and no one has ever said a word.
And they're on sale, too.:happy2:

You can wear any kind of socks you like if you wear pants....
For that matter, you can wear anything you want under that there uniform.

product1.jpg

That must be the "flavor" in your center. As far as send agains here, it's also a "flavor of the month", but not this months flavor.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I thought they only had to be brown or black socks with shorts, the UPS logo isn't mandatory. It's just easier to get the cushy ones from cintas, usuallly the only brown socks I can find are thn dress socks.
It is mandatory here, Blue. You wear shorts, you wear UPS socks.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
When the shorts came out, I had the understanding that they were optional. If I wanted to wear the shorts I had to buy their socks. If not, I wear the pants and my own socks. If you are a driver like me, I know what you make and I know that you can afford the socks. I checked today and you can get 6 pair for $24.00. C'mon now. Check yourself! Four bucks a pair!

M

Mike23

When the shorts came out, I had the understanding that they were optional. If I wanted to wear the shorts I had to buy their socks. If not, I wear the pants and my own socks. If you are a driver like me, I know what you make and I know that you can afford the socks. I checked today and you can get 6 pair for $24.00. C'mon now. Check yourself! Four bucks a pair!

$6 in Canada almost $7...I have a feeling UPS even %$@#@ their employees with their brokerage.

over9five

Staff member
"white or brown t-shirt"

What's wrong with a black t-shirt? I think it looks good! Matches your belt and boots.
I used to wear a black t, but changed to brown long ago to abide by the rule.