Well it looks like Amazon might be starting

UPS maintains it's debts for tax purposes. Many large profitable and solvent corporations operate this way. Many have enough liquid to zero out debt, but take advantage of tax benefits of paid interest.
UPS also has some very high legacy costs which Amazon does not
And the Amazon has a ton more money than Brown does
Screenshot_20201024-143713.png
Screenshot_20201024-143750.png

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I don’t think the feds will allow them to expand to a nature that 2 global delivery companies and 1 domestic delivery (USPS) crumble to dust

barnyard

KTM rider
It is probably that a Biden administration is going to work at breaking up Amazon. AWS, the most profitable portion is what is funding everything else. Many expect that Amazon will be broken into at least 4 pieces.

AKCoverMan

The e-commerce boom is not slowing down anytime soon. I’ve been watching this chart put out by the US Census Bureau for a decade now..

The total number of packages has been on a steady growth curve until 2Q2020 when we spiked up in the face of covid19. So Amazon can take a slice of the pie but the pie is growing so fast we can’t seem to keep up.

Market forces are pushing more players into Amazon’s world, heck we are picking up trailers from our local target here in Alaska! So losing Amazon will not hurt if it happens. More likely will be market by market and we may still see some items when they have to come from a different warehouse or whatever.

AKCoverMan

Good, it's all the return crap that they should be doing anyways. I wish we would stop doing amazon's call tags. They honestly should be the ones picking up the crap that people thought looked good on the internet but don't want.
Why would we stop doing Amazon call tags? We get paid for every one of them even if they end up not sending a package...

JJinVA

I see 4 Amazon drivers covering the one route that I cover, and my truck is still blown out everyday. And Im in a 1000

AKCoverMan

Market cap is not the amount of money a company has on hand to spend it’s simply a formula (stock price times number of shares outstanding). It’s interesting tool but not the number your looking for here.

The two companies balance sheets show UPS and Amazon both have billions in cash reserves as well as billions in long term debt and leases. No significance advantage, I don’t see Amazon somehow pushing UPS, FexEx, and the post office out.

Zowert

Nobody is safe if you're on the bottom of the list.
I’m far from the bottom but I’m nowhere near the top. I thought bid drivers would be safe unless they start cutting routes..? The route I won has been around longer than the majority at my center. I know that doesn’t matter, I’m just curious how pink slips would be issued during massive layoffs.

Last edited:
Market cap is not the amount of money a company has on hand to spend it’s simply a formula (stock price times number of shares outstanding). It’s interesting tool but not the number your looking for here.

The two companies balance sheets show UPS and Amazon both have billions in cash reserves as well as billions in long term debt and leases. No significance advantage, I don’t see Amazon somehow pushing UPS, FexEx, and the post office out.
unlike UPS Amazon will spend whatever they have to to beat the competition down

Dear Diary

UPS PC Slave
View attachment 314697View attachment 314698

View attachment 314697View attachment 314698

Market Cap is public shares x share price. Has no bearing on how much money a company has.

For comparison, a testing company I'm invested in has a market cap of 600 million. They have 12-15 employees and have yet to make a single dollar. The entirety of the company is running off a 4 million loan.