Well it looks like Amazon might be starting

Market Cap is public shares x share price. Has no bearing on how much money a company has.

For comparison, a testing company I'm invested in has a market cap of 600 million. They have 12-15 employees and have yet to make a single dollar. The entirety of the company is running off a 4 million loan.
Well if you aren't on the bottom of the seniority list, you have nothing to worry about

rocket man

21000 seems like a big number
Maybe 5000?
Right in the middle of my route to building a 1,500,000 square foot building 4 MI from that they bought two brand new warehouses and they're already full. 18 miles from there they buil t another million square foot Warehouse. And they have three monsters warehouses in between just two of our hubs

You say 5,000 a big number say how many drivers are within 500 mi from where your building is. Amazon is not playing
Amazon is getting ready to open a large warehouse 10 miles from our Hub and we are expecting to receive a lot of package volume from them. Amazon delivery is still mostly a joke. Drivers out till 8 PM every night driving around in circles. Did UPS sell them the ORION program?

TTLS1

Amazon is getting ready to open a large warehouse 10 miles from our Hub and we are expecting to receive a lot of package volume from them. Amazon delivery is still mostly a joke. Drivers out till 8 PM every night driving around in circles. Did UPS sell them the ORION program?
I watched a driver today park and get out go to a house, realize it was the wrong house and then run back up the street 3 houses to deliver the package. All the whole leaving the van parked and drivers door open. Had another one cut me off on the highway today and speed up to 80 so I couldn’t flip him off(in a 50mph zone) these guys and gals are amazing to say the least.

JJinVA

I watched a driver today park and get out go to a house, realize it was the wrong house and then run back up the street 3 houses to deliver the package. All the whole leaving the van parked and drivers door open. Had another one cut me off on the highway today and speed up to 80 so I couldn’t flip him off(in a 50mph zone) these guys and gals are amazing to say the least.
Amazon drivers are proof that ultra rich corporations don't care about the general public, only their bottom line. Amazon knows that there will never be enough of a concentrated boycott for it to make a dent in their profits so they can hire the shizziest, borderline tarded drivers and pay them next to nothing, and if they run into a house or run over a child, they'll pay the lawsuit and keep the profits rolling

Cloud

I don't get how Amazon people drive, I see them all time suddenly doing U-turns and 360 wheelies every 2 stops. Their routing program must be like 10 times worse than orion. And I see amazon packages in front of the wrong house so many times.

ouanling

I don't get how Amazon people drive, I see them all time suddenly doing U-turns and 360 wheelies every 2 stops. Their routing program must be like 10 times worse than orion. And I see amazon packages in front of the wrong house so many times.
they never ring in Canada. When isee amazon packages and think maybe i should just leave and run, i still ring and people always open.

There's a reason why they are 100% ethnic drivers here. It's a :censored2: job.

Last week i saw one buzz every appartement door, wait 40secs, come back to the car and realize it was the building next door. oh yeah he was parked UNDER a traffic light.
They are paid by the package here.

TTLS1

Go look on that subreddit, lots of them post pictures of their routes. I don’t drive for UPS but I can’t see our routing being as bad as the amazon one!

D

Deleted member 83221

Should I be worried about Amazon being able to outcompete UPS over time? One of the reasons I started working for UPS was the benefits and the potential to start driving I hope the company can continue growing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It is probably that a Biden administration is going to work at breaking up Amazon. AWS, the most profitable portion is what is funding everything else. Many expect that Amazon will be broken into at least 4 pieces.
When has Biden ever mentioned this?

Cloud

Why would we stop doing Amazon call tags? We get paid for every one of them even if they end up not sending a package...

Sure UPS can make a few bucks doing what I like to call a "premium service for the lazy customers of a competitor". But I just don't like call tags because it's either 1) They are extremely oversized, overweight irregs or 2) it's for the CBA people that are too lazy to drop it off at a pickup location or they're like "OMG, I had a scheduled pickup today?!?! I don't have it ready. Give me a minute."

JJinVA

Sure UPS can make a few bucks doing what I like to call a "premium service for the lazy customers of a competitor". But I just don't like call tags because it's either 1) They are extremely oversized, overweight irregs or 2) it's for the CBA people that are too lazy to drop it off at a pickup location or they're like "OMG, I had a scheduled pickup today?!?! I don't have it ready. Give me a minute."
I usually get "OMG they said youd be here tomorrow gimme a minute"