What’s the Big Idea

I'm trying to post my Rookie of the Year photo on the Big Idea. My computer
skills are lacking. Thus, the screwups.
Is this it?
ups-uniform-circa-1923-los-angeles--driver-model-t-ford-ups-archives.jpg

oldupsman

I did it! Me. Rookie of the Year 1976. Notice the gorgeous head of hair, high quality watch and top of the
line clipboard. Is it any wonder all the woman wanted me.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I think that mustache is below the corner of lip. I want that picture taken down until he meets the personal appearance guidelines

I think we all tried to push the hair and facial hair limits back then, that was taken about six months after I started driving in 1984, I was 25. My Center Manager used to walk around and tell drivers to get a haircut, shorten their sideburns, shine their shoes, and a few times he handed a Bic disposable razor to somebody and told them to use it or go home.

I think we all tried to push the hair and facial hair limits back then, that was taken about six months after I started driving in 1984, I was 25. My Center Manager used to walk around and tell drivers to get a haircut, shorten their sideburns, shine their shoes, and a few times he handed a Bic disposable razor to somebody and told them to use it or go home.
Those Bic shavers was the worst.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Nobody on the bottom belts would complain when Charlie would missort.

My first job was on the Purple Belt, which was the floor level belt in the Primary Sort facing the unload. I worked pulling Irregulars off, we got smalls bags and missorts too. We stayed buried a lot when the Primary Sort got screwed up.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
My Center Manager used to walk around and tell drivers to get a haircut, shorten their sideburns, shine their shoes, and a few times he handed a Bic disposable razor to somebody and told them to use it or go home.
ah the days when those were the most stressing issues of a managers day

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Whenever I look at pictures of people from the 70's and early 80's what always stands out is how much skinnier folks were in general. Obesity rates have skyrocketed since then and if you took those picture now probably at least half the guys would be overweight.