What’s the Big Idea

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2018-9-23_15-22-31.png

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Say it ain't so!!!!

You mean just like the kids now getting beard waivers....

We used to be like rebels or the last of the cowboys........the last few years I wouldn't use that description. We showed up on time and worked like hell and helped each other. It didn't matter if we partied away the night before.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I think we all tried to push the hair and facial hair limits back then, that was taken about six months after I started driving in 1984, I was 25. My Center Manager used to walk around and tell drivers to get a haircut, shorten their sideburns, shine their shoes, and a few times he handed a Bic disposable razor to somebody and told them to use it or go home.

Back in the 80s we had a feeder driver that had a handlebar mustache kept it waxed so it never went below the corners of his mouth

Used to piss the boss’s off to no end

We called him Rollie

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
57542391-AFD3-426D-BF12-FC9F497CBF00.jpeg
A photo of my Center in 1987. Notice no short pants, name tags on our pocket savers, and a paper time card and turn-in envelope in our shirt pockets.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How many in this picture still working?
Six. Three are in Feeders and three of us are still in Package. My Center now puts about 70 routes on the road today. We are about to loose 25 routes on November 3 due to the new Atlanta SMART Hub starting up and things get shuffled around. Those routes are going back to the old Atlanta Hub where this was taken.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
John retired this past Friday!
John reported to me at one point some 40 or so years ago.
He had a strong work ethic and was an informal leader in our work group.
Good guy!
42325071_1929157610476286_5956463699261652992_n.jpg

Yes, I went to his retirement party yesterday. He started in the car wash 41 years ago and was my cover driver when I started driving. I have nothing but love and respect for him. I never heard him say a single cuss word in all those years. He is a couple of years younger than me and he sells real estate on the side.