What can you get fired for?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The guy from the shop described the door as "looking like a fender to a VW Beetle"!
Screenshot_20220325-173449_Chrome.jpg

Hot Carl

Accidents(driving) can be permanently discharging....I've seen it stick. A few not involving injury....just property damage. True.
Our last tier 3 didn't even result in a termination. He was yanked off the road and back on the belts for a couple weeks. After that, he was right back out there just in time for peak.

542thruNthru

Rollaways are cardinal sins.

Dishonesty is a cardinal sin.....much of what you described^^^^^^^^^^.

Unprofessional conduct covers a lot. Now, banging a chick....off the clock? On/in company property....? Interesting.

Now, mis-delivering a pkg? By mistake? I would think progressive discipline......but not sure of the contractual language.

Used to get tons of Driver Follow Ups after I had been on vacation.....cover drivers mis-delivering. Some positive some not.

Never heard anything else about it. Or if it was resolved.

Now, mis-delivering a signature required and all that without signature....I guess could be construed as dishonesty...

Accidents(driving) can be permanently discharging....I've seen it stick. A few not involving injury....just property damage. True.
Where does it say that in your contract?

542thruNthru

Also seen people fired for workplace violence, but that's been limited to preload. No drivers.
We've had a few driver's lose their jobs because of fighting.

Had one just last year. Thought because he took it across the street that he couldn't be fired because he was off UPS property.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
We had a driver years ago fired temporarily for sheeting missed packages as future, instructed by an on road to do so. 6 months later, on road got canned for dishonesty. Dumb sob refused to work after we left the building. Got paid a staggering amount of money over the years to work 2 hrs per day. Corporate should really look into operations management instead of the drivers if they really want to cut cost.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
We had a 22.4 fired for driving around with misloads all day and not sheeting them up.
Claimed he didn’t know how to.

DriverNerd

Unreported accidents are also cardinal sins, but I've seen guys come back from those. One guy tail-whipped a mailbox and didn't report it. Neighbor across the street had a Ring doorbell camera that caught the whole thing. He was gone for....a while. Another guy tail-whipped a truck on his way out of the building and didn't report it. Problem with that one was that a bunch of other drivers were there watching who all said nothing so that was his way back in.
I never understood not reporting such minor accidents. I took out a mailbox in a snow storm years ago. Reported it immediately and got the usual punishment... a "shame on you" and a ride along the next day. Never heard another word. Why would you risk your job over something so stupid?

Hot Carl

We had a 22.4 fired for driving around with misloads all day and not sheeting them up.
Claimed he didn’t know how to.
That excuse typically only works once. I had just qualified when I did that so they took it easy on me. I reported it but never sheetfed it. Got called into the office the next day.