What can you get fired for?

542thruNthru

Not every UPS center have the same contract language....I don't know if you know that or not...
It's broken up into different regions who have their own supplemental language
8D4AE934-A092-47C8-806F-9D79DF590EBF.gif

Huh?

beatupbrown

They can fire you when they really don't like you ,it may take 3 times it may take 5 times .I recall a driver fired after his 4 time if I recall right . Unless a cardinal ones rolling a truck ,theft etc...

beatupbrown

Rollaway accidents are pretty hard to come back from as far as I've seen. It's happened, but not easy.

Let's see, what else. We had one guy get caught dropping off packages he'd stolen off of other guys trucks at his house on the way to his route. Another guy started running his entire route like a mail route. Ran every single street the evens up one side and the odds down the other. They followed him and busted him for time theft. Another guy signed for an alcohol. 20+ year driver, never got his job back.

One of our 22.4s got caught sheeting entire apartment complexes as security on Saturdays. They were of course not secured, he just didn't want to do them. The bid route drivers were wondering why their apartments were so heavy on Mondays and why all the pieces had two PAL stickers on them. Fired for dishonesty.

We had another veteran driver who got a liiiiitle too friendly with the people on his route and started banging a chick at one of his last pickups. Like in the truck. Long story short, things got ugly between them, police got involved, management found out everything he was up to and, yeah. Gone.
Yes saw that happen in my center so the banging part is ok but has to be on lunch break or the 10 minute break, he was not on break it was on company time .The roommate called UPS 800 number and let them know, that was long time ago .

Last edited: