What can you get fired for?

Hot Carl

Rollaway accidents are pretty hard to come back from as far as I've seen. It's happened, but not easy.

Let's see, what else. We had one guy get caught dropping off packages he'd stolen off of other guys trucks at his house on the way to his route. Another guy started running his entire route like a mail route. Ran every single street the evens up one side and the odds down the other. They followed him and busted him for time theft. Another guy signed for an alcohol. 20+ year driver, never got his job back.

One of our 22.4s got caught sheeting entire apartment complexes as security on Saturdays. They were of course not secured, he just didn't want to do them. The bid route drivers were wondering why their apartments were so heavy on Mondays and why all the pieces had two PAL stickers on them. Fired for dishonesty.

We had another veteran driver who got a liiiiitle too friendly with the people on his route and started banging a chick at one of his last pickups. Like in the truck. Long story short, things got ugly between them, police got involved, management found out everything he was up to and, yeah. Gone.

Whither

Scofflaw
One of our 22.4s got caught sheeting entire apartment complexes as security on Saturdays. They were of course not secured, he just didn't want to do them. The bid route drivers were wondering why their apartments were so heavy on Mondays and why all the pieces had two PAL stickers on them. Fired for dishonesty.
Sheeting "as security"? Do you mean he just NI-1'ed all of the deliveries without making legit door-to-door attempts (assuming there was no pkg locker he had the code for and/or access to)?

quad decade guy

Rollaway accidents are pretty hard to come back from as far as I've seen. It's happened, but not easy.

Let's see, what else. We had one guy get caught dropping off packages he'd stolen off of other guys trucks at his house on the way to his route. Another guy started running his entire route like a mail route. Ran every single street the evens up one side and the odds down the other. They followed him and busted him for time theft. Another guy signed for an alcohol. 20+ year driver, never got his job back.

We had another veteran driver who got a liiiiitle too friendly with the people on his route and started banging a chick at one of his last pickups. Like in the truck. Long story short, things got ugly between them, police got involved, management found out everything he was up to and, yeah. Gone.
Rollaways are cardinal sins.

Dishonesty is a cardinal sin.....much of what you described^^^^^^^^^^.

Unprofessional conduct covers a lot. Now, banging a chick....off the clock? On/in company property....? Interesting.

Now, mis-delivering a pkg? By mistake? I would think progressive discipline......but not sure of the contractual language.
Misdelivered a package. Apple product
Used to get tons of Driver Follow Ups after I had been on vacation.....cover drivers mis-delivering. Some positive some not.

Never heard anything else about it. Or if it was resolved.

Now, mis-delivering a signature required and all that without signature....I guess could be construed as dishonesty...

Accidents(driving) can be permanently discharging....I've seen it stick. A few not involving injury....just property damage. True.

Hot Carl

Sheeting "as security"? Do you mean he just NI-1'ed all of the deliveries without making legit door-to-door attempts (assuming there was no pkg locker he had the code for and/or access to)?
No I mean he just sheeted it all SEC, which is supposed to be for apartments you can't get in to (no code, no keys, etc.) Didn't cross any of it and brought it all back. I've done those apartments before, they're not hard. He was just a bum.

Whither

Scofflaw
No I mean he just sheeted it all SEC, which is supposed to be for apartments you can't get in to (no code, no keys, etc.) Didn't cross any of it and brought it all back. I've done those apartments before, they're not hard. He was just a bum.
Thanks -- we don't have that sheeting option here. It would just be NI-1.

Hot Carl

Rollaways are cardinal sins.

Dishonesty is a cardinal sin.....much of what you described^^^^^^^^^^.

Unprofessional conduct covers a lot. Now, banging a chick....off the clock? On/in company property....? Interesting.

Now, mis-delivering a pkg? By mistake? I would think progressive discipline......but not sure of the contractual language.

Used to get tons of Driver Follow Ups after I had been on vacation.....cover drivers mis-delivering. Some positive some not.

Never heard anything else about it. Or if it was resolved.

Now, mis-delivering a signature required and all that without signature....I guess could be construed as dishonesty...

Accidents(driving) can be permanently discharging....I've seen it stick. A few not involving injury....just property damage. True.
Unreported accidents are also cardinal sins, but I've seen guys come back from those. One guy tail-whipped a mailbox and didn't report it. Neighbor across the street had a Ring doorbell camera that caught the whole thing. He was gone for....a while. Another guy tail-whipped a truck on his way out of the building and didn't report it. Problem with that one was that a bunch of other drivers were there watching who all said nothing so that was his way back in.

Whither

Scofflaw
Is that in your "Other" non-delivery along with missed, EC, strike, vacant and so on? I've never seen it here

Whither

Scofflaw
It's in there somewhere. It was in the DIAD V on the same page as Missed, EC, Strike. I don't remember where it is in the 6. That interface is such a mess.
I think we're gonna get the friend-ing Lytx cameras before the 6 here - waiting to hear if OZ leadership is going to fight the damned cameras

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
A driver got pulled over by the police for drunk driving in the package car. Another guy got canned for sexually harassing teen girls on his route.

rod

Retired 22 years
I only saw 2 people (hourly) get fired in 30 years that never returned. Both of them probably could have got their jobs back but didn't fight it.

AndrewK

Unless there's more to the story I'd be shocked if you got permanently termed for that
Bulk stop of apple products, one of the boxes were mixed in which was for another address but I delivered it anyways. Made contact with the customer, got her name down and C.I.R, etc.