What can you get fired for?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The SEC one is a bit worrisome because some of these saturday routes you legitimately sheet a bunch of stuff ni1 sec because codes and fobs go missing or are not provided. In addition to human error like showing at the wrong apartment.

That is. The company has not yet specified how much effort should be given in these circumstances. Too little is avoiding work? Too much is stealing time?

Shorts365

That excuse typically only works once. I had just qualified when I did that so they took it easy on me. I reported it but never sheetfed it. Got called into the office the next day.
Honestly it took me 6 months to really know what “sheeting” even meant. I’m sure many of the drivers with less seniority than me still don’t know why it’s called that. Still trying to figure out why I don’t hear about Tier 1 and 2 accidents.

DriverNerd

Honestly it took me 6 months to really know what “sheeting” even meant. I’m sure many of the drivers with less seniority than me still don’t know why it’s called that. Still trying to figure out why I don’t hear about Tier 1 and 2 accidents.
UPS is too busy drilling into new hires that they have to go as fast as possible and not hit anything that all the other stuff is a distant third place.

*Edit: You do hear about tier 1 and 2 accidents, they just don't call them that.

Last edited:

Est.1998

Bulk stop of apple products, one of the boxes were mixed in which was for another address but I delivered it anyways. Made contact with the customer, got her name down and C.I.R, etc.
Are you on a diad 5 or 6?
A lot of drivers have been taking advantage of the new features of the 6 by simply dropping off all the bulk without scanning it, and tapping the tracking numbers in the diad.
You'll never know what is there or isn't if you bypass scanning the pkgs.
Only packages in your EDD/Manifest will do that. Any mis load needs to be identified by actual label.
I have pkgs hitching rides in my bulk all the time from other routes.
Letterboxes, and bc they all look the same, get loaded on my truck.
Sometimes i don't catch the label and the diad will alert me it's different.

542thruNthru

How can you be fired for fighting off company property?
From what I was told. It started on property at their trucks. They walked out the building through the guard shack and across the street in uniform and a passing car stopped and recorded them and called the cops. Then one came back on property and the one that got his ass kicked called his center and said. "I can't work because (Driver name) hit me." When the cops arrived the driver that got his ass kicked tried to press charges so the cops came into the building to investigate. No charges were pressed once the cop said there wasn't enough proof of who started it.

So Because the fight originated on property and they were in uniform they were fired.

542thruNthru

We have that in the Central Region.

ARTICLE 17—DISCHARGE OR SUSPENSIONS

(g) an avoidable runaway accident;

Also, it could fall under Article 18 section 3 in the Master, if a supplement doesn't have specific language.

Trying to contractually help @quad decade guy ?

:biggrin:
Well I'm pretty sure Quad is Atlantic supp. I know Central has that language. Also any accident serious enough could fall under Article 18.3 so that's cheating. ;)

I'm just curious if Atlantic Supp has that language.

Staydryitsraining

From what I was told. It started on property at their trucks. They walked out the building through the guard shack and across the street in uniform and a passing car stopped and recorded them and called the cops. Then one came back on property and the one that got his ass kicked called his center and said. "I can't work because (Driver name) hit me." When the cops arrived the driver that got his ass kicked tried to press charges so the cops came into the building to investigate. No charges were pressed once the cop said there wasn't enough proof of who started it.

So Because the fight originated on property and they were in uniform they were fired.
Oh ok I can see that angle they would use.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I have pkgs hitching rides in my bulk all the time from other routes.
Letterboxes, and bc they all look the same, get loaded on my truck.
Sometimes i don't catch the label and the diad will alert me it's different.
You must have a magic Diad then. I constantly have customers giving me packages back at bulk deliveries that were scanned as delivered but don’t belong there. Diad will only alert for packages from your route, not others, when asking to combine addresses.

DriverNerd

You must have a magic Diad then. I constantly have customers giving me packages back at bulk deliveries that were scanned as delivered but don’t belong there. Diad will only alert for packages from your route, not others, when asking to combine addresses.
Exactly. Unless you get really lucky delivering a bulk stop and the first one you grab is the one not on your route.

Est.1998

Pkgs you scanned?
If it's not in your diad, when you scan it, either first or after you've scanned another box, more times than not, the diad will show a message saying this pkg doesn't belong.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Pkgs you scanned?
If it's not in your diad, when you scan it, either first or after you've scanned another box, more times than not, the diad will show a message saying this pkg doesn't belong.
Like I said. Not here unless it’s assigned to you. Maybe on the 6? Haven’t come across this scenario yet on the 6.