What do "they" do with the thousands of Signed del notices???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
All of the signed delivery notices, and other notes people leave on the doors....when we turn them in what happens to them. If there was a question about a missing package that was left because of a note, does ups go back and try to find a notice, how the hell are they found. Also, do you all write the address you received the note from on the notice or just say (deleted) and either just turn them in or "misplace" them. They are floating around in peoples jackets, on centers countertop, up in car visors, and on the floor in the cab. They are like little bugs that no matter where you look, you will find one laying around.

upsgrunt

All of the signed delivery notices, and other notes people leave on the doors....when we turn them in what happens to them. If there was a question about a missing package that was left because of a note, does ups go back and try to find a notice, how the hell are they found. Also, do you all write the address you received the note from on the notice or just say (deleted) and either just turn them in or "misplace" them. They are floating around in peoples jackets, on centers countertop, up in car visors, and on the floor in the cab. They are like little bugs that no matter where you look, you will find one laying around.

I've thought the same thing, in fact, I used to keep them myself with the reasoning being that if a tracer ever came through that I would have the key piece of evidence to cover myself. It got to be a substantial amount that accumulated in my locker and just got tired of it and I eventually threw them away. I've never seen a followup from a delivery due to a SDN, has anybody else? My guess is that if it didn't show up the consignee figures that they signed the note and there is no point in trying to file a claim since they signed the release of liability. Am I wrong here?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't know why in the world UPS has a place on Infonotices for people to sign for a "signature required" package. If my DIAD says the barcode wants a signature, then a signed Infonotice doesn't cut it. I always circle the part that says "in person", and put the time and Center phone number on top. Sometimes I will write "alternate delivery address?" in the hope that they will actually read the notice and realize that we can change the address and deliver it to a neighbor or where they work. I see the signed Infonotices laying around all the time on the Driver's Checkout Counter, we have a little plastic box to put them in but I don't know what happens to them.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I just take them off the door, crumble the note in my hand, and leave the package. Been driving for 8 years and never was asked for a signed delivery notice

Off-topic , What do you all do when someone signs a delivery notice eventhough it was a signature required package. I have left packages only when I know its a great neighborhood and the package is 100% out of view and its not an over-21 package

Last edited:

paidslave

I just take them off the door, crumble the note in my hand, and leave the package. Been driving for 8 years and never was asked for a signed delivery notice

Off-topic , What do you all do when someone signs a delivery notice eventhough it was a signature required package. I have left packages only when I know its a great neighborhood and the package is 100% out of view and its not an over-21 package

Who signs for the package then?

paidslave

Who signs for the package then?

UPS Signature Tracking
1.gif
Shorten Your Billing Cycles
UPS Signature Tracking® enables you to check delivery status and get a copy of the recipient's signature image when a shipment is delivered. This secure, Web-based service can help streamline your billing and customer service functions and improve your cash flow.

Features
Provides Proof of Delivery, which may include the following:
  • Signature image
  • Full name and delivery address
Benefits
Improves Proof of Delivery Processing, which has the following benefits:
  • Saves you time. You no longer have to call and wait to have a Proof of Delivery manually sent to you.
  • Accelerates receivables. With improved access to delivery information, you can provide faster Proof of Delivery to shipment recipients, which triggers payment.
  • Protects your sensitive UPS delivery information. To ensure that delivery information is not accessed by unauthorized parties, UPS requires that customers be registered with My UPS and authenticate for Signature Tracking by providing UPS Account information

Coldworld

60 months and counting

As scratch said, I always get sig. in person, or at least try to indirrect it...the diad will let you do this unless its a 21 and over package. Its interesting how many wine deliveries I see left with a signature by fedex ground, these guys dont care, and Im sure their mgt doesnt either, they dont get beat down even remotely as bad as our great army of mgt. You think its 2008, that mgt might try to lighten up a bit...why do you think so many have heart attacks and are drinkers. Where in the history did this "balls to the wall" take no prisoners, start at ups for these types of mgt who really have no reality what it takes to have positive workplace relations with their employees.

over9five

Staff member
"..what it takes to have positive workplace relations with their employees"

Positive workplace relations is what we lose to be the highest paid in the industry. I'll take the money.

upsdude

I keep them in a folder in my locker for a year. I don't think a claim can be filed after 9 months anyway.

I remember stapling them to paper records back in the day.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
"..what it takes to have positive workplace relations with their employees"

Positive workplace relations is what we lose to be the highest paid in the industry. I'll take the money.

true, but isnt there there someplace to meet in the middle?

mgator39

We used to have a box by the turn in area where we would put them. That box was removed. I then started to keep them in my locker but I've never had a claim from a delivery where I got a signed delivery notice. So now I just take them and throw them away.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I don't know why in the world UPS has a place on Infonotices for people to sign for a "signature required" package. If my DIAD says the barcode wants a signature, then a signed Infonotice doesn't cut it. I always circle the part that says "in person", and put the time and Center phone number on top. Sometimes I will write "alternate delivery address?" in the hope that they will actually read the notice and realize that we can change the address and deliver it to a neighbor or where they work. I see the signed Infonotices laying around all the time on the Driver's Checkout Counter, we have a little plastic box to put them in but I don't know what happens to them.

You write the center phone #? that's a sin up here. Oh man that's scary!

over9five

Staff member
"true, but isnt there there someplace to meet in the middle?"

I don't want to lose money!!!!

But there's a lot they could do that wouldn't cost them anything.

"Nice job out there, Over!" Never heard it...

LeddySS98

We have a little yellow envelope to put the SDN's in...

I've never actually tried it, but when we were getting the PAS/EDD put into our building one of the temporary managers we had told me (while he was out doing the trace with me) "The driver can sign for the packages and leave them if the info notice has been signed, or the owner leaves a note with a signature asking to have it left"

Anyone ever done that? You cant sign the customers name but according to this supe if their is written permission you can sign your own name and leave the package... Thoughts?

currahee

The only time ill turn in a signed info notice is exactly that if its is a signed info notice. If its a note with customer saying they authorize you to leave it and sign the note I'll leave pkg ,but dont turn it in I keep them in a nda letter enevlope. I write address ,date, and where I dr it on the note.

upsgrunt

I've never actually tried it, but when we were getting the PAS/EDD put into our building one of the temporary managers we had told me (while he was out doing the trace with me) "The driver can sign for the packages and leave them if the info notice has been signed, or the owner leaves a note with a signature asking to have it left"

Anyone ever done that? You cant sign the customers name but according to this supe if their is written permission you can sign your own name and leave the package... Thoughts?
I've never heard that one, and no, I'm not signing my name to the diad for someone I don't know from Jack. (Not that I have anything against Jack)

IDoLessWorkThanMost

If there's no signature required, and it's a D/R area, you can leave the package....

If there's signature required, it's a D/R area, and the person leaves a written release note w/ sig, why wouldn't you?

This varies by center and management I'm sure.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
"true, but isnt there there someplace to meet in the middle?"

I don't want to lose money!!!!

But there's a lot they could do that wouldn't cost them anything.

"Nice job out there, Over!" Never heard it...

thats the biggest truth in the history of this company.

paidslave

If there's no signature required, and it's a D/R area, you can leave the package....

If there's signature required, it's a D/R area, and the person leaves a written release note w/ sig, why wouldn't you?

This varies by center and management I'm sure.

Because it says that it needs a signature from the customer..Read my earlier post....regarding companies using these signatures for proof of delivery so they can get paid for the shipment!

Don't worry about JACK"S package worry about getting the signature!