What do you do for fun on the job?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
In Wisconsin you would have had to collect Workers Compensation if injured on the job. However, if they would have found major negligence on your part in being injured they COULD reduce your benefits by 15%. Who knows, if you would have walked around that frozen puddle it is possible that you could have stepped on a landmine or been hit by a meteorite.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Many lakes in the area I deliver to. 2 or 3 times a week in the summer I will pack my fishing rod, bait and a cooler full of ice and catch dinner for that day. Many customers have offered their pier or even the use of a boat to spend my lunch and breaks on. If the fishing is slow, will take a nice cool swim before browning up again and sweating in the PC!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I send messages through the DIAD reminding our OMS's of how many shopping days are left until Christmas. Which, by the way, is 338.

Many lakes in the area I deliver to. 2 or 3 times a week in the summer I will pack my fishing rod, bait and a cooler full of ice and catch dinner for that day. Many customers have offered their pier or even the use of a boat to spend my lunch and breaks on. If the fishing is slow, will take a nice cool swim before browning up again and sweating in the PC!

I now officially hate you ! lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In Wisconsin you would have had to collect Workers Compensation if injured on the job. However, if they would have found major negligence on your part in being injured they COULD reduce your benefits by 15%. Who knows, if you would have walked around that frozen puddle it is possible that you could have stepped on a landmine or been hit by a meteorite.

The puddle was about 5' wide and 10' long. I slid for all of 2-3 seconds.

I can just imagine the phone call to Liberty Mutual: "Upstate, what were you doing at the time that you were injured?" "Sliding across a frozen puddle" "Why were doing that?" "I was having fun." "You were working--you're not supposed to have fun at work"

Had I been hurt to the extent that it would have been a lost time injury what was left after my center manager chewed my ass would have been sitting home on comp.

I have to guiltily admit that I would be the king of run and gun on a route with good fishing on it. I mean run over little old ladies, Dukes of Hazard type jumps, to get done to where there'd be some fishing time.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I have been known to kick off high heels and slide across a patch of ice singing the same song I have since second grade.
I have ruined socks, stocking, nylons but I don't care.

I still walk on curbs like they are a balance beam.
I still push grocery carts with a quick run and jump on the back to go for a ride.

It's So Nice on the Ice - YouTube

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
AJ, I always did the "tightrope" walk on curbs.........then I fell and I don't do it anymore. Neuropathy sucks !!

Anything neuro sucks.

And for fun on the job...I will walk in with 5 inch heels on because I can wear them and change into chunky motorcycle boots for safety on the dock.

soberups

I will confess to occasionally getting the package car up to about 35 MPH on deserted gravel roads and then "drifting" around corners.:bag:

soberups

One time I was on vacation for a month and I grew a goatee. I showed up at the PCM on my first morning back, still wearing that goatee, just to see the look on my center manager's face. I brought a razor and shavng cream with me, and had it shaved off 3 minutes later.:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have been known to kick off high heels and slide across a patch of ice singing the same song I have since second grade.
I have ruined socks, stocking, nylons but I don't care.

I still walk on curbs like they are a balance beam.
I still push grocery carts with a quick run and jump on the back to go for a ride.

It's So Nice on the Ice - YouTube
​LMAO!!! Me too.......................

and splashing in puddles after a rain storm.