What do you do for fun on the job?

satellitedriver

People have mentioned taking the truck home.

I remember in the early seventies drivers being allowed to take the trucks home on weekends to haul firewood or move furniture. Just had to make sure the gas tank was full when it came back.

Randy
Since it is past the statute of limitations.
Once upon a time, in a dry county in Texas, a driver would bring in the beer order for the center.
No, It was not me.

kingOFchester

Silly as it may sound, I guess the amount of steps I will need to take from pkg car to delivery point and back. I have gotten pretty good at guestimating. A big dog sometimes throws my guess off!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I use my iphone to take pictures that I can post on BrownCafe.

I also pretend to be a zookeeper, by the end of the day I cant even count the number of dogs, horses, goats and other assorted critters that wind up in and around the package car. I pretend that the dogs jump in the truck because they love me and not the biscuits.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Fun is not a part of my life on the job or off.
You obviously have fun here so part of your statement is BS FJ. :flirtysmile3:

"Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." Buddha

"Life has no limitations, except the ones you make." Les Brown

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a little fun while making a delivery yesterday. In the direct walk path between the PC and the FD was a frozen puddle. Sure, I could have walked around it, but what fun would that be? I got a running start and skated/slid across the ice. The embarassing part came later when I was at a pickup stop and a customer in that store asked me if I had fun skating across the ice.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I had a little fun while making a delivery yesterday. In the direct walk path between the PC and the FD was a frozen puddle. Sure, I could have walked around it, but what fun would that be? I got a running start and skated/slid across the ice. The embarassing part came later when I was at a pickup stop and a customer in that store asked me if I had fun skating across the ice.
​That is way too funny, Dave. I would have had fun doing the same thing. Don't be embarrassed by it. Tell the customer, "YES! I did have fun.":its_all_good:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I hope I never get so old that I am unwilling to play around like a little kid. I also enjoy stomping on frozen puddles to hear the ice crunch.

Hypothetically , if you would have taken a spill and injured yourself would you have taken workman's comp knowing that you chose to slide on the ice?