What do you do for fun on the job?

rocket man

OK angel guy, I will be at your front door in 5 minutes with the FBI, CIA, OSI, DEA, UPS, and any other 3 letter names I can think of with a warrant to search your house for ANY property of UPSs', from crayons, to pens, extra hats, DIAD pens, anything that you shouldn't have. I doubt their is a single UPS employee who hasn't taken something home (not on purpose) that would get them fired. If y'all think a guy AND his boss should be fired over a can of silly string then I hope you never make a mistake. :sad-very::sad-very::sad-very: This was supposed to be a thread about fun, not a flamers convention. Sometimes thats all a thread should be, fun!
you forgot one THE IBT

rocket man

If I were King of UPS, I would have taken the preloaders into the office and explained the importance of taking care of our customers packages and explained that if the com pany was run by the people on this thread, they would be looking for a job. However, being the compasionate conservative I am, I would have let them off with a verbal warning. The real shame here is that this was supposed to be a thread about fun and y'all have certainley beat the fun slam out of it, good job!
THE LAST WISH
BUY ALL RIGHTS the silly string SITUATION was wrong. IT WAS THE customers property. AND this is the chain of events that happened next. THE SILLY STRING WAS FOR A 8 YEAR OLD girl.HER grand mother found her after years of searching, IT was a dying grandmothers LAST WISH TO WATCH HER PLAY WITH THE SILLY STRING on A live internet FEED and it didnt happen, because her parents car was stolen And the car ran into the local dam the whole water supply for that county. the dam broke open.wow IT WAS A MESS and they couldnt drive to the store to get silly string (oh and dont forget about the flood. THAT wiped out the local silly string store. AND THIS ALL HAPPENED BECAUSE A PACKAGE OPENED AND SOME BELT WORKERS TOOK A CAN OF SILLY STRING

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I went to get back in my truck from the air I just delivered and when I grabbed the rail and stepped in, There was a big black dog laying between my seat and my pedals. Just looking at me, Im like crap wheres my phone so I can take a pic, in the truck of course. At first he wouldnt move, then jumped out and wanted to play.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I went to get back in my truck from the air I just delivered and when I grabbed the rail and stepped in, There was a big black dog laying between my seat and my pedals. Just looking at me, Im like crap wheres my phone so I can take a pic, in the truck of course. At first he wouldnt move, then jumped out and wanted to play.

I can do one better......I have posted this pic before, its probably one of the best dog pics I have ever taken. She was trying to reach the biscuits I keep in the cup holder. I love all of my "route" dogs but she is by far my favorite.

iwannadrive.jpg
iwannadrive.jpg

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Hypothetically , if you would have taken a spill and injured yourself would you have taken workman's comp knowing that you chose to slide on the ice?
It would be a workman's comp claim, no matter what, if it happened on the job. Fault or stupidity would not come into play.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The black and white pit is an old guy with arthritis, so he is pretty mellow and patient. The brown and white gal is a hyperactive bundle of energy and muscle. She is basically a toungue with a pit bull attached to it. They live at a vineyard that I deliver to. Usually, the girl dog is up into the cab before I even get the truck stopped, but on this day I was parked and I had a big box of corks on the floor by the time they showed up. Right after I took the pic, the girl dog jumped up on top of the box and used it as a platform to get her paws up on my shoulders so she could try to lick my face. I had to throw a handful of biscuits out onto the ground to get them out of the cab so that I could exit and get the package (with paw prints and slobber all over it) to the customer.

I am of the firm belief that an 80 lb pit bull that tries to lick your face is a pretty good problem to have.

pitties.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hypothetically , if you would have taken a spill and injured yourself would you have taken workman's comp knowing that you chose to slide on the ice?

Good question. My first thought would be that if I got hurt because I was screwing around it would be on me.

Dizzee, it's not that cut and dry.

trickpony1

I had a little fun while making a delivery yesterday. In the direct walk path between the PC and the FD was a frozen puddle. Sure, I could have walked around it, but what fun would that be? I got a running start and skated/slid across the ice. The embarassing part came later when I was at a pickup stop and a customer in that store asked me if I had fun skating across the ice.

Wait a minute........
You knowingly and willfully, with forethought and intent, violated one of the 10 point commentaries?
What ever happened to personal accountability? (your words from another post).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wait a minute........
You knowingly and willfully, with forethought and intent, violated one of the 10 point commentaries?
What ever happened to personal accountability? (your words from another post).

I scanned my path ahead, saw the puddle was frozen solid, ran for 3-4 steps, slid from one end of the puddle to the other, met the consignee at the door, ran for 3-4 steps, slid from one end of the puddle to the other and used 3 points of contact getting back in to PC.

Had I been hurt I would have held myself accountable for my actions and not filed a comp claim.

bigblu 2 you

I scanned my path ahead, saw the puddle was frozen solid, ran for 3-4 steps, slid from one end of the puddle to the other, met the consignee at the door, ran for 3-4 steps, slid from one end of the puddle to the other and used 3 points of contact getting back in to PC.

Had I been hurt I would have held myself accountable for my actions and not filed a comp claim.
i thank you and liberty mutual thanks you,now lets go over slips/falls again.lol

texan

​I love pits. There are very few that scare me.
No matter what, not my favorite breed. I know only 10 per cent are JAWS. But those 10 per cent are no joke.
Look at this one.:
[video=youtube;oF4mRKXKJ34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF4mRKXKJ34[/video]

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm a dog lover and always have been, but pits are not in my world.

I weigh the risks.....I fly, but never on a helicopter. I don't do bungi, no motorcycles, no walking streets at night, no parachuting, and definitely not approaching pits. I can't read them well enough and they would smell my trepidation.

I do admire the looks of the blues...gray ones.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Good question. My first thought would be that if I got hurt because I was screwing around it would be on me.

Dizzee, it's not that cut and dry.
What a bunch of malarchy! If you fell, burst some discs in your neck and were done working for UPS as of that minute, you wouldn't take a dime? If those discs had to be surgically dealt with and it would take I couple of years, you insurance runs out after one year. You would have to pay $277.00 a month for cobra, which is only good for another 15 months. No income because you didn't take comp. let's say, while you are on the bench trying to figure out your fate, the dr informs you you are 95% disabled. Never going back to UPS, can't use any repetitive movement what so ever, so what every job you are looking for, the employers will be made aware as you have to regulate this type of information. You would still refuse any compensation from UPS? There is no more disability retirement, so being what? You are 4 yrs away from retirement? That'll get ya about 30% of your pension.

This is something I'd have to see to believe. As far as Dizzee's comment, I believe in NYS there is no way to refuse comp. just like TOS, put up or shut up.