What does the Bible say about...........???? "On Topic"

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
Leviticus 19:34
Why the change in subject matter. You didn't avoid the question did you?
Does the Bible teach that sin separates one from God and that sinners who are not forgiven will be lost in an eternal Hell?
Yes or No atheist ?

vantexan

You need to search the scripture, not come here for the answers you seem to need.
Exactly what has God said about himself? You either believe it or the rest is equally unbelievable to you.
One false statement and the rest cannot be trusted.
That is just a fact.
Maybe it is time to lose your religion.
We're discussing Christianity. I asked questions. I know we want to put up a united front to the world but some questions are too important not to ask. What false statement have I made? Good thing it's not the 1400's, you would be burning me at the stake for heresy.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm just glad we live in America where we can argue about things like this. We can all hold the beliefs we have without someone like "drive in" or "wrong" on one side or "brown" on the other showing up @ our door to sending us off to prison.
Imagine being born in the times of the "catholic church" torturing anyone who didn't bow to their idea of God. Or even present day communist countries who will put you in prison for your beliefs.
I will say though "brown" quoting scripture to faceless people on the internet who view the Book as bunch of Jewish fairytales isn't going to "take hold". Sometimes you just need to agree to disagree & wish them the best.
I know right, thank goodness we don't live in a society where people discriminate against others because their sexuality is against their religious beliefs...... Oh wait.... We do.

floridays

The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
Leviticus 19:34
Beyond offering one quotation, can you place this in context of the entire bible?
I'll answer my question, no you can't.

That said, I feel fine in knocking the dust off my shoes pertaining to your foolishness.
But I will not, I choose to refrain.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
'The sons of God went in to the daughters of humans, who bore children to them. These were the heroes that were of old, warriors of renown.'
— Genesis 6
'the people that we saw in it are of great size. There we saw the Nephilim; and to ourselves we seemed like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them.'
— Numbers 13

Angels :censored2:ed a bunch of chicks and that's where giants came from.... Makes perfect sense.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I'm helping you make this a current events thread Tommy. The Bible says make immigrants citizens. Follow your Bible Tommy.
Nice effort. Thanks.
Could you try just as hard to answer the question?

I know you don't want to come to any conclusions. Addressing one passage or topic at a time is better for discussion. Stop piling on, just answer.

floridays

We're discussing Christianity. I asked questions. I know we want to put up a united front to the world but some questions are too important not to ask. What false statement have I made? Good thing it's not the 1400's, you would be burning me at the stake for heresy.
Either your comprehension is lacking or I did not convey properly.

I was making a statement.
In clear words: If one statement is wrong, wipe your hands of the rest, you have no way of determining fact from fiction.

God has claimed he cannot lie, he has claimed he is just and righteous.
These are distinct and direct claims, no gray area.
You claim to believe in this god, yet have questions about salvation of those who in your words (basically) haven't heard of him or Jesus.
I only noted you seem to have a personal dilemma.

I don't have this dilemma, I have trusted a just, righteous God that cannot lie.

I hope you figure it out, best to do for yourself, then it will be a true epiphany. def A sudden insight or intuitive
understanding

vantexan

Either your comprehension is lacking or I did not convey properly.

I was making a statement.
In clear words: If one statement is wrong, wipe your hands of the rest, you have no way of determining fact from fiction.

God has claimed he cannot lie, he has claimed he is just and righteous.
These are distinct and direct claims, no gray area.
You claim to believe in this god, yet have questions about salvation of those who in your words (basically) haven't heard of him or Jesus.
I only noted you seem to have a personal dilemma.

I don't have this dilemma, I have trusted a just, righteous God that cannot lie.

I hope you figure it out, best to do for yourself, then it will be a true epiphany. def A sudden insight or intuitive
understanding
He's also a god who didn't get it right the first time and destroyed almost everything through a flood. He created a world where life feeds on life to survive. Where disease kills horrifically. Where millions are slaughtered in war. Where people by virtue of their skin color are relegated to subservience. Where believers with a straight face say the earth isn't billions of years old and dinosaurs lived during the last 8 thousand years. Who's followers are deeply divided, many of whom believe others aren't real Christians unless they see things their way. Yes, I've got questions. And shut up and go away isn't an answer.