What does this mean for us?

El Correcto

god is dead
If I’m not mistaken this essientially opens the public sector to RTW through out the country?

If that’s all it’s done I don’t see this as a death blow to unions.

I’m in a right to work state, I was happy with the teamster and they were the main reason I chose to work for UPS over pursuing college at a young age. I was discussing paying dues with my steward before I was even out of probation as a part timer. I believed in my union and wanted to support it.

SafetyFirst

I hope so.

Now what exactly does Roe have to do with unions?

Or is it just the requirement that all liberal ideas be pro abortion?

The same political ideology that wants to destroy unions is the same ideology that wants to ban abortion. The connection is pretty obvious, if the court is going to enact a conservative agenda. Private unions will become a target at some point ... Or maybe we slip through the cracks because there are so few private union employees left in this country?

Either way, acting like that decision is meaningless to us big picture is pretty foolish

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What this was is, one party machine states shaking down folks not in the union to pay. These fees were kicked back to the Democrats for the most part.

They will lose a lot of money but the union will still be able to use its own members money.

SafetyFirst

That money doesn't go to political activities and hasn't in forever! That's not even the argument that was made in Janus.

Conservatives justices are anti-labor period

Wally

That money doesn't go to political activities and hasn't in forever! That's not even the argument that was made in Janus.

So where did the teacher's union get all the millions they gave?

Wally

The top 5 government unions in Illinois alone gave around 45 million over the last 15 years.

Last edited:

Wally

Not from dues, that's been illegal for years!!! Look up the argument made in Janus, it has absolutely nothing to do with political contributions as it's long been illegal to use dues for them
How do they get all that money then?

SafetyFirst

Wrong. You have to be crazy to still identify as anything just because instead of using your own brain.

I agree. Applying that method would tell you that without a union the UPS driver wouldn't get the same pay, benefits, or retirement. Since losing those things would negatively impact my family I will always side pro-labor.

Still goes back to the original statement

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
corporations already rule the world and they use our U.S, Military protects their interests,

they just want to get rid of this last annoyance( unions ) to increase their profits even more.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I for one do not want my dues going to political campaigns I disagree with.

A tiny portion of every purchase you make ends up in the coffers of both parties so I don’t think there is a way to avoid it.

The party left us long ago.

I used to be a conservative years ago and then I saw a few things that bothered me on how they treat labor issues and the more the looked into it the more it bothered me and now I would never vote republican. That party has been actively trying to destroy organized labor for over a generation, why would I support that? I don’t find the rest of their platform that compelling to make it worth the anti labor activism that comes from that side.