What else can they do torture us?

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Starting tomorrow in our center towels and drink containers are considered in-cab distractions.

Oh well, I won't need a towel to wipe my sweaty hands/keep sweat outta my eyes if I can't hydrate properly...

Have telematics? Let them come to you in a week asking why you stop every 10 minutes regardless of delivery.

"I had to wipe blinding sweat from my eyes so I pulled to a safe secure location and went in the back to wipe them. or I thought I was feeling the early effects of heat exhaustion so I pulled to a safe secure location to go in the back and take a drink to hydrate."

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I saw another company's driver bust a red light with no seat belt and the bulkhead door wide open. I'm really considering applying for a job. They would probably like me and treat me decent.

Hmm. Wonder if customers feel sorta like this just before they switch sides.

menotyou

bella amicizia
There is no way some idiot in a tie, or worse-browns, will tell me I can't have a drink in the drink holder provided by the company. They insist we hydrate. I am more than willing to oblige. I can;t see without a sweat rag. They are blooming idiots!!!

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
This seems designed, like so much else, to lower morale. I really have to wonder if the company has the union's blessing to punish us as much as possible over the next couple years. Just sayin...

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
There is no way some idiot in a tie, or worse-browns, will tell me I can't have a drink in the drink holder provided by the company. They insist we hydrate. I am more than willing to oblige. I can;t see without a sweat rag. They are blooming idiots!!!

I'm guessing they'll yank the cup holders like they did the perfectly good fans a couple years ago.

over9five

Staff member
Starting tomorrow in our center towels and drink containers are considered in-cab distractions.

What is your shop steward doing about this? I'm thinking some kind of safety grievance signed by every driver, and maybe a call to OSHA.
When you're company is too cheap to put a $5 fan in every package car, not being able to wipe the sweat from your eyes becomes a serious safety issue.
You guys can't let this stand. They will only continue this foolishness if you let them.

If towels and drinks are in cab distractions, so are delivery supervisors doing ride alongs asking pointless questions as you drive from stop to stop( Now, can you recite the 8 keys to yard control?).

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You have to all as a union do something about it ! That can be a safety violation ! How the hell are we able to drive safely to work with our car radios and a/c !! Your business agent should be up their butts right now with grievances with this stupid idea.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
This is beyond my imagination. Someone needs to think IN the box a little again.

I am seriously disappointed in this company. Note that I no longer say "my company" even though I still own part of it.

Pardon the drama. I am floored. What kinda idiot is making these decisions, and how many idiots are allowing it?

What ever happened to safety?

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia
I wish I worked in your building. I would be the one to flaunt a giant icee from the local 7-11. Give me a warning letter. I dare you. I double dog dare you. Jerks.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We were told today that while we are allowed to have drinks in the drink holder, we could only hydrate between stops as hydrating any other time is a distraction