What else can they do torture us?

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
...What kinda idiot is making these decisions, and how many idiots are allowing it?
My guess would be it was the same idiots who signed up for an auto insurance policy that make them pay for accidents that aren't our fault. This is the root cause of all this nonsense. Regardless of fault, UPS must pay their insurance company for each and every incident. So what does UPS do then??? Of course, find some reason to blame it on us! It's asinine!!

BCFan

safety issues can be addressed with a walk-out /strike ...on the grounds of safety its allowed!!!! BC (not broken chairs)

upsman68

I would just wait until you get out on area and then put them in the cab. They try to tell us that we can not have radios in the cab when the contract clearly states we can have them. So when ketter comes ​ I put the radio away when leaving the building and put in the cab at my first stop As LL cool J says "But I know I can't live without my radio"

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
We are getting inundated with bogus warning letters. Sups riding @ 2 in a car. It's gotta be understood that I'm gonna have some way to drink water while I'm idling 40 minutes per day. I'm also going to have some way to wipe my face and hands.

I am a professional driver and those are things I insist on.

The best thing that can happen with this is a phone call to the CMs early tomorrow saying let's never mention this again.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
AND we need some way to communicate with the machine and be heard, other than "proper channels". We should be heard. It's in everyone's best interest.

Or we can just keep airing everything out here in public. Maybe the msm will find an interesting thread on here one day.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We are getting inundated with bogus warning letters. Sups riding @ 2 in a car. It's gotta be understood that I'm gonna have some way to drink water while I'm idling 40 minutes per day. I'm also
going to have some way to wipe my face and hands.

A drink is an in cab distraction but a sup riding all day with a clipboard isnt...please. They only have a couple of things to use against us anyway and they are going to town with this nonsense right now..its not the local guys but going way above that...they cant compete with fedex..they have to grow the business with metrics. If ups is so obsessed with numbers why dont they just close up shop and start a business selling other companies "efficiency" products and technology....might as well they hate all of us anyway.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There is no way some idiot in a tie, or worse-browns, will tell me I can't have a drink in the drink holder provided by the company. They insist we hydrate. I am more than willing to oblige. I can;t see without a sweat rag. They are blooming idiots!!!

well start wearing a do rag...that should do the trick. If they want to give you a problem with it take one of the patches off your sock and superglue it on the do rag and you'll be official....you think im kidding....you will be the cats meow on your area...especially if you drive in a sketchy area.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Interesting....

get one of those "foam domes"? your drink would no longer be a distraction and you'd look pretty cool. Just make sure you superglue a UPS logo on it like Crowbar says.

goetface

Its so depressing, seems like everywhere now in this country, life is getting miserable, no ones happy, corporations are trying to squeeze a dollar everywhere they can out of their workers. Its funny to think most people are miserable because any sense of prosperity is really gone down the :censored2:ter. Looking back to 2005 say when the economy was just booming bricks of :censored2:, psychologically everyone felt as if that american dream was within reach. Although now, id say all the american dream is, is a carrot on a string dangled in front of you to make you think your going somewhere. Had people of known what was coming in 2005, would they have been so damn happy to think this would be their futures? all an illusion. It really does seem that those people working at corporate are just generating failed ideas that arent really benefiting themselves at all, those coming up with the ideas are only temporarily making themselves look good to keep their job or get promoted. Reading alot of what they are doing to these drivers and laborers is pretty damn insane, and I'd say inrealistic.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Its so depressing, seems like everywhere now in this country, life is getting miserable, no ones happy, corporations are trying to squeeze a dollar everywhere they can out of their workers. Its funny to think most people are miserable because any sense of prosperity is really gone down the :censored2:ter. Looking back to 2005 say when the economy was just booming bricks of :censored2:, psychologically everyone felt as if that american dream was within reach. Although now, id say all the american dream is, is a carrot on a string dangled in front of you to make you think your going somewhere. Had people of known what was coming in 2005, would they have been so damn happy to think this would be their futures? all an illusion. It really does seem that those people working at corporate are just generating failed ideas that arent really benefiting themselves at all, those coming up with the ideas are only temporarily making themselves look good to keep their job or get promoted. Reading alot of what they are doing to these drivers and laborers is pretty damn insane, and I'd say inrealistic.

Corporations are not the route to gain prosperity ... 99.9% of employees can make a good living but not prosperity. Corporations are the haven of risk-averse individuals.
Being self-employed is a way towards prosperity if you work hard and are willing to take risks.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Keep your drink and your sweat rag up front and let them give you a "warning letter". That "warning letter" is a JAMPOP (Just Another Meaningless Piece of Paper) that your "management" team has to spew out at regular intervals in order to justify their jobs and meet a quota. I dont know if the quota is calculated by the number of actual letters that they spew forth or the weight of the paper involved. Either way, that "warning" letter might as well be hung in a bathroom stall. No grievance panel would ever hold up any sort of disciplinary action against a driver for wiping sweat from their eyes or keeping water in a company-supplied cup holder. Its so pathetic that its actually funny.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Corporations are not the route to gain prosperity ... 99.9% of employees can make a good living but not prosperity. Corporations are the haven of risk-averse individuals.
Being self-employed is a way towards prosperity if you work hard and are willing to take risks.

EXCELLENT post! I have a friend from college who has owned a variety of businesses ( he now has a small chain of Dry Cleaning Shops) he works about 80-90 hours a week, never takes a vacation,and takes financial risks that would keep me awake for weeks.however he is VERY prosperous.

A

anonymous6

Keep your drink and your sweat rag up front and let them give you a "warning letter". That "warning letter" is a JAMPOP (Just Another Meaningless Piece of Paper) that your "management" team has to spew out at regular intervals in order to justify their jobs and meet a quota. I dont know if the quota is calculated by the number of actual letters that they spew forth or the weight of the paper involved. Either way, that "warning" letter might as well be hung in a bathroom stall. No grievance panel would ever hold up any sort of disciplinary action against a driver for wiping sweat from their eyes or keeping water in a company-supplied cup holder. Its so pathetic that its actually funny.[/QUOTE

you have to admit , it's demoralizing

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
[you have to admit , it's demoralizing

The real demoralization would have to belong to the low-level management puppet who is being forced by his corporate masters to stand there at the PCM and keep a straight face while reading this sort of drivel to his employees. You might as well make the poor schmuck wear a clown suit. How can the company possibly expect its drivers to take such a rule...or the puppet who has to enforce it.... seriously?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Keep your drink and your sweat rag up front and let them give you a "warning letter". That "warning letter" is a JAMPOP (Just Another Meaningless Piece of Paper) that your "management" team has to spew out at regular intervals in order to justify their jobs and meet a quota. I dont know if the quota is calculated by the number of actual letters that they spew forth or the weight of the paper involved. Either way, that "warning" letter might as well be hung in a bathroom stall. No grievance panel would ever hold up any sort of disciplinary action against a driver for wiping sweat from their eyes or keeping water in a company-supplied cup holder. Its so pathetic that its actually funny.[/QUOTE

you have to admit , it's demoralizing

It can be demoralizing. They bank on the fact that we have a conscience. All the while, they sold theirs a long time ago, at soul-sucking school. I mean management school. If you get to the frame of mind that you aren't dealing with a human, you can start to take control. You have to forget about the benefit of doubt. Didn't they? Don't think of them as your buddy. Think of them as a puppet whose up the next-on-the-food-chain's ass so far his ears stink. Just remember his dirty, filthy ears while he is spewing his drivel. You will stomach the attempted humiliation with a much bigger grain of salt. And, be able to not let it affect you.

I can't count the times I would raise my hand at PCM, much to the chagrin of my on-car and center manager. They know the question I am going to ask is one they don't want in a group setting. Oh, well. Example- Sales leads. Sales lady gives speech at PCM about getting leads. I asked her, all the while ignoring the penetrating stare from the side, if we can't service the customers we have, how can we-in good faith- tell new customers that we would be the best option?
Can you say lead balloon? I love that stuff!:wink2:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It can be demoralizing. They bank on the fact that we have a conscience. All the while, they sold theirs a long time ago, at soul-sucking school. I mean management school. If you get to the frame of mind that you aren't dealing with a human, you can start to take control. You have to forget about the benefit of doubt. Didn't they? Don't think of them as your buddy. Think of them as a puppet whose up the next-on-the-food-chain's ass so far his ears stink. Just remember his dirty, filthy ears while he is spewing his drivel. You will stomach the attempted humiliation with a much bigger grain of salt. And, be able to not let it affect you.

I can't count the times I would raise my hand at PCM, much to the chagrin of my on-car and center manager. They know the question I am going to ask is one they don't want in a group setting. Oh, well. Example- Sales leads. Sales lady gives speech at PCM about getting leads. I asked her, all the while ignoring the penetrating stare from the side, if we can't service the customers we have, how can we-in good faith- tell new customers that we would be the best option?
Can you say lead balloon? I love that stuff!:wink2:
You cannot have emotion and empathy to be a decision maker in UPS management. They are only in position to bully people and make as much money as possible for shareholders. As people we do not exist, we are objects for their disposal and nothing more. I'm sure we all have an exciting cast of management members that fall into this group of sad people.