What extra Items you take with you? (stay on topic please)

TNT Frosty

Just wondering what extra items you take with you while at work; or have added to truck, to make life that little more enjoyable, and more unique to fit you.
Aside from the logbook/qualcomm, and lunch box/bag.

For me ive added...
Fridge/freezer
Extra cigarette ports, with 2 being constantly on (for dash cams)
2 Dash cams, with one being more GPS/dashcam (Garmin truckers one)
Coffee maker/brewer (bought them little car ones for the lighter socket)
Hammer
Torch
wireless phone charger (window mounted/magnet)

Would like to have added on an APU, for a microwave/bigger fridge freezer.
Desktop PC aircooled.
And a larger antenna for the UHF (cant use VHF due to restrictions, as you need boating license, due to being used in open water, not on land)
Also would like to have a tool box on the rear of the truck, for tools/items like, spare air hoses, and power connectors, oil and grease. (highly doubt that will happen, due to union not wanting us to do onroad/minor repairs, like even changing a light glob.. because we got mechanic, and paid by the hour, we have to sit and wait. its not my style, but the union rep guy is in charge of the line-haulers)

Star B

White Lightening
you must be linehaul. as a swing, i'm thrown in a different truck every day, so all the extra crap I bring has to be in a backpack.

I have:
A folding file full of the normal forms that should be in a truck. fo/sdr stickers, sig records, sig release forms, some maps on 8x11.
About 5 rolls of printer paper
a ton of doortags.
USB charger, cables, and bt speaker.
dog treats
a can of window cleaner and three microfibers.

I have a container with all my work necessary material (door tags, signature records, printer, 3 rolls of labels, zip ties, cons tags etc) then a back pack with 2 iPhone chargers, 2 Bluetooth speakers, a power pack to charge phone if truck doesn’t have a cig lighter that works, bible, more door tags, change of upwards of 5 dollars, poncho, zippo lighter, extra shoe laces in case I need to tie something, I’m sure there’s more I’m missing that I have in there....

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Nothing of value, because the vehicles aren't secured and it's too labor-intensive to haul it in and out every day.

Truck washers are notorious for sticky fingers.

Hell, we even have to padlock the hand trucks.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I have a dedicated box truck for my rural route that I go straight home when done

2 pairs of shoes & sox , extra uniform, drinks, snacks, 3 sizes of weather bags , tool box, flashlights, dog treats, tire repair kit/inflator, door tags, extra powerpad batteries, 2 Garmin GPS units, washer fluid, pee bottle, oil, power steering fluid, water, straps- both ratchet and cam buckle style, bungee cords

Since I have built in power outlets and a small power inverter for home plugs, chargers for the cellphone and power banks

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Literally nothing other than maybe a map for the route which is rare anymore.

Always amazed me the bags of crap people will drag in every day

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That's pathetic that you have to lock your handtrucks up. Is your SM so cheap that they can't afford a dolly for every... truck...
SM is a top 5 asskisser who wouldn’t lift an eyelash for his frontline employees. The managers office Keurig, however, is always fully stocked.

Budget constraints and all...

OrioN

SM is a top 5 asskisser who wouldn’t lift an eyelash for his frontline employees. The managers office Keurig, however, is always fully stocked.

Budget constraints and all...

I see ground management also have this. Those one time use k cups are expensive...

They should invest in the reusable cups

1323793717-Ekobrew200.jpg

And goto Costco and buy coffee in bulk.

OrioN

I worked next to a guy that in the summer he’d bring 2 full sized coolers

I’am like wtf. Are you going camping

It all depends on the route...

Rural route, you don't depend on your customers with their questionable well water.

I don't carry 2 coolers during the summer though. Just one with about 3 gallons of liquids for my day

McFeely

Huge Member
I bring a smallish tote everyday with FedEx vest/hoodie/rainjacket/beanie/trucker hat, snow boots in the winter, Bluetooth speaker, USB cords for my phone and speaker, and a mapbook in case I help another route I'm not familiar with.

In my lunchbox I keep spare change and some toiletries like aspirin, allergy pills, TUMS, and most importantly, Anti-diarrhea pills. I pack a lunch every day and it's gone at 10:30. I get a 2nd lunch in the afternoon.

All of the standard FedEx supplies like labels, doortags, etc. stay in the truck.

chris45

I just bring a bag with my carkeys, phone charger and my printer

I used to bring pens but if I forget one, I'll have people sign with my key and eventually someone feels bad and gives me a pen