What happens if contract is voted no?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Could it be it's not UPS and their existence that the IBT is worried about, rather their own?
UPS is their cash cow, making it possible for many small locals, joint councils, and few redundant state conferences to persist, with "autonomy".

What do you think would happen to that Teamster fat if there was a strike of any significant length?
Thinning the herd? And you might be right on the money. I don’t think our current IBT administration woukd even do a 1 hour strike let alone a day or a week. Tony made that clear that it would crush UPS into nonexistence. It didn’t in 97 for 2 weeks, but today absolutely?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So we are in a "Cold War Scenario"..Both parties have the power to destroy each other and no one wants to push the red button to start the process.

I kind of eliminates the effectiveness of a "Strike Vote" does it not...

Tony Q

Could it be it's not UPS and their existence that the IBT is worried about, rather their own?
UPS is their cash cow, making it possible for many small locals, joint councils, and few redundant state conferences to persist, with "autonomy".

What do you think would happen to that Teamster fat if there was a strike of any significant length?
If there was a UPS strike and a potential 30% loss in volume it would thin the heard all through the system. The employees at UPS all the way down to your local Business agents and up to the Marble palace. You are 100% correct.

Tony Q

So the other small companies that were struck and won are still doing fine, yet a strike of UPS (without even knowing the length) would cripple it into nonexistence? So it’s obvious the intent was never to strike UPS by your statement. And if UPS has no fear of a strike, they win. Great job! I don’t know what to say right now. Thank god a lot of you guys are retiring.
I like Fred and I think you are a good guy or girl as well. You guys remind me a lot of each other. What a difference a little time makes. You could be from one end of the spectrum 5 years ago to the other. You are very good at follow the leader and I commend you. I know it Stinks that I would call you out on this, but it's the truth.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I like Fred and I think you are a good guy or girl as well. You guys remind me a lot of each other. What a difference a little time makes. You could be from one end of the spectrum 5 years ago to the other. You are very good at follow the leader and I commend you. I know it Stinks that I would call you out on this, but it's the truth.
Why do you keep using the word "Stink", in multiple posts, while engaging the same poster???

....and why do you capitalize it each time as if it's a proper name???

wide load

You think that I have an issue or am trying to hide that Wide Load is Stink219? Yup, both are me! The difference being is I have the balls to admit having 2 names. The later I never went back to. Just like you I tried selling a contract that I regret. I too followed advice of others. That won’t happen again. This master sucks and I still hate TDU. That might make me a lone wolf, so be it. Nobody is here to help me nor do I need it. Now grow some balls of your own before you retire soon...in 20 years.

wide load

Why do you keep using the word "Stink", in multiple posts, while engaging the same poster???

....and why do you capitalize it each time as if it's a proper name???
He’s assuming that wide load and stink 219 are the same person. And he is right. But guess who doesn’t give a :censored2:? Tony’s only problem is he’s a chicken :censored2:.

Last edited:

Tony Q

You think that I have an issue or am trying to hide that Wide Load is Stink219? Yup, both are me! The difference being is I have the balls to admit having 2 names. The later I never went back to. Just like you I tried selling a contract that I regret. I too followed advice of others. That won’t happen again. This master sucks and I still hate TDU. That might make me a lone wolf, so be it. Nobody is here to help me nor do I need it. Now grow some balls of your own before you retire soon...in 20 years.
What was specifically bad about the last contract that you don't agree with? You seemed to like it. What changed?

wide load

What was specifically bad about the last contract that you don't agree with? You seemed to like it. What changed?
It doesn’t really matter to you. But just like the 22.4 will screw current drivers and the 22.4’s, there were many concessions last contract. And I know you’ll blame sean by trying to make us think he was the chair or lead negotiator or something like that. But we have been on a trend of concessions for a while. So morons think pushing the company will close its doors. But, wtf, we’re not even pushing a little bit. Not even a nudge. You said it yourself.

Tony Q

It doesn’t really matter to you. But just like the 22.4 will screw current drivers and the 22.4’s, there were many concessions last contract. And I know you’ll blame sean by trying to make us think he was the chair or lead negotiator or something like that. But we have been on a trend of concessions for a while. So morons think pushing the company will close its doors. But, wtf, we’re not even pushing a little bit. Not even a nudge. You said it yourself.
You loved the last contract because Sean strung you along. You hate this contract because Sean strung you along again. It will be the same in 5 years.

wide load

You loved the last contract because Sean strung you along. You hate this contract because Sean strung you along again. It will be the same in 5 years.
I loved the last contract because I supported Hoffa. So didn’t the east coast. But that all ended. Now your sticking to your guns, which is admirable, but you are making a huge mistake in supporting this bull contract. That’s why you’re posting under Tony Q. No balls of support now. You’ll play both sides until next election. Then you’ll support whoever is in power. I’d rather be true to myself then a two faced friend boy.

14cQ5Y4jrQF0nm.gif

Tony Q

I loved the last contract because I supported Hoffa. So didn’t the east coast. But that all ended. Now your sticking to your guns, which is admirable, but you are making a huge mistake in supporting this bull contract. That’s why you’re posting under Tony Q. No balls of support now. You’ll play both sides until next election. Then you’ll support whoever is in power. I’d rather be true to myself then a two faced friend boy.
friend boy! laugh out loud

a911scanner

I think that Sean was ready to eat crow on his mistakes of the last contract. Thereby communicating that he wasn't going to make the same mistakes this time when he was appointed as lead negotiator.

We see how well that turned out for all of us.