What Holidays do we NOT work

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Does R.I. and some of those other Eastern states still get Presidents Day, MLK Day, Columbus Day and maybe even Ground Hogs day off like they used to? I know they got at least 3 extra holidays off that we didn't.
We don't get it off but Columbus Day and Veterans Day we get time 1/2 all day here in Massachusetts

Yeah, I posted a pic but it didn't stick. Article 61 of Upstate/WNY has the 9 month for paid holidays. Just mentioned insurance part since @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U brought it up.

Article 22 sec 7 of NMA says otherwise:

Part-time employees hired after August 1, 2008 will receive holi-
days, personal days and option days provided by any applicable
Supplement, rider, or Addendum no earlier than after one (1) year
of active employment. This provision supersedes any provision on
the same subject in any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum to the
extent the provision makes holidays, personal days or option days
available earlier than after one (1) year of service.

If you're getting it earlier, good for you,, but I wouldn't plan on that lasting forever.

JustDeliverIt

Article 22 sec 7 of NMA says otherwise:

Part-time employees hired after August 1, 2008 will receive holi-
days, personal days and option days provided by any applicable
Supplement, rider, or Addendum no earlier than after one (1) year
of active employment. This provision supersedes any provision on
the same subject in any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum to the
extent the provision makes holidays, personal days or option days
available earlier than after one (1) year of service.

If you're getting it earlier, good for you,, but I wouldn't plan on that lasting forever.

Yeah, I'm way past the 9 months so I'm getting paid anyways. I was more pointing out our language as another screwed up example of how different things are everywhere.

You would think, at least I do, that they would have one contract without local riders. If one area of the country has an issue, some or all other areas are probably deal with it as well. Write the solution and it covers everyone. If nothing else it would sure make it easier to figure out.

I've also never had to deal with contract negotiations so maybe I have way to simplified of a view. Just seems we all do the same job working at the same company, make the work conditions the same for all of us.

J.D. Hogg

Hello, I just started at UPS about a month ago as a PT loader. Let's be honest the job is rough but the pay and benefits make it all worth it. I tried looking all over for some answer to my question but have yet to find it. So I'm hoping someone here can help me. What is Holiday Calendar for this year, what days do we not work. Thank Yo

J.D. Hogg

Hello, I just started at UPS about a month ago as a PT loader. Let's be honest the job is rough but the pay and benefits make it all worth it. I tried looking all over for some answer to my question but have yet to find it. So I'm hoping someone here can help me. What is the Holiday Calendar for this year, what days do we not work. Thank You
In my building,

Pre-loaders do NOT work on:
1. New Year's Day
2. Memorial Day
3. Independence Day
4. Labor Day
5. Thanksgiving
6. Christmas

Pre-loaders with highest seniority DO work on:
1. Christmas Eve
2. New Year's Eve

The other Federal Holidays that all Pre-loaders DO work:
1. Martin Luther King Day
2. President's Day
3. Columbus Day
4. Veteran's Day

Yeah, I'm way past the 9 months so I'm getting paid anyways. I was more pointing out our language as another screwed up example of how different things are everywhere.

You would think, at least I do, that they would have one contract without local riders. If one area of the country has an issue, some or all other areas are probably deal with it as well. Write the solution and it covers everyone. If nothing else it would sure make it easier to figure out.

I've also never had to deal with contract negotiations so maybe I have way to simplified of a view. Just seems we all do the same job working at the same company, make the work conditions the same for all of us.
In theory, that's great. Problem is, and many don't know, that local supps and riders were all individual contracts before developing a national. Find one group of people who might willingly give up something just to be "equal" to someone and make it "fair" for everyone.

JustDeliverIt

In theory, that's great. Problem is, and many don't know, that local supps and riders were all individual contracts before developing a national. Find one group of people who might willingly give up something just to be "equal" to someone and make it "fair" for everyone.

Yeah, it will never happen now. Or we can just take the best items from each supplement and everyone is happy. I'm sure the company would be on board.