What I hate about the new contract and why I'm dissapointed with the retro check.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Now that the contract has been passed and you will be getting your back pay checks this forum is for all the complaining that will soon to follow about how the new contract sucks and how the retro check wasn't what you thought it would be.

Stirring the pot?

I like it.

popcornsmiley.gif

dogs.bite.me

Going to agree with Quigley. Tried to call my ba and no answers.

I'm assuming Quigley is a ba.

I have a question for you quigley.

I'm on month 19 of my 36 mo progression. Right now my rate is tcd rate. Will I get 70 cent raise or tcd raise.

Here is the contract extension I referenced earlier but it states aug 1 retro like quigley. http://teamster.org/content/teamsters-ups-agree-extend-current-ups-national-contract

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Quigley

Going to agree with Quigley. Tried to call my ba and no answers.

I'm assuming Quigley is a ba.

I have a question for you quigley.

I'm on month 19 of my 36 mo progression. Right now my rate is tcd rate. Will I get 70 cent raise or tcd raise.

Here is the contract extension I referenced earlier but it states aug 1 retro like quigley. http://teamster.org/content/teamsters-ups-agree-extend-current-ups-national-contract

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
You will get the $.70

Since those jerks in 705 haven't ratified their contract yet will the retro checks be held up until they do? And will they be held up even longer if they force us to honor any strike they have?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Economics go back to August 1st I get that, what about insurance. Our disability pays 300 a week, I believe teamcare is 500, is that retro?

JL 0513

So I'm entering my 2nd year of the 36 mo progression.
The previous contract states the pay amounts of the different intervals.

Seniority
12 mo
24 mo
36 mo top rate

Do any new contract agreements change any of my pay rates during my progression or will the rates stay as stated under old contract? ie, will they add .70 to previously stated rate? Anyone know?

Thanks

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Taxes at normal rate but it will be in addition to your normal weekly paycheck so you will be in a higher tax bracket and will have a much higher percentage than normal taken out.

It doesn't work like that. Most of us here are in the 25% or 28% bracket, before deductions. It may seem like more is taken out, but if you do the math, it is the same percentage.

People argue that overtime is not worth it. The IRS just "take it all in taxes", they say. Completely untrue.