What I hate about the new contract and why I'm dissapointed with the retro check.

10 point

Economics go back to August 1st I get that, what about insurance. Our disability pays 300 a week, I believe teamcare is 500, is that retro?
That's a question that many have asked (especially the ones on disability) and...
If I don't get my retro paycheck within the next five business days can we file for the 4hr bonus pay per pay period? Lol

dogs.bite.me

I fixed it for you..

The union and company extended the last contract till April 25, 2014 since they are implementing the new contract after that date.....

Because you've never been wrong? 1 freely admit when I'm wrong.

l was wrong and I'm glad I was. More money for all of us hourlies.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
the only gripe i have about the retro checks is that 9.5 grievances from last August are not counted as hours worked,and we cannot get retro pay on that money

Fighter

I wonder what everyone will say when they get their last paycheck of the year and find out that 1/2 to 2/3 will not be paid for New Years Eve and New Years Day since you now have to work the day BEFORE a holiday to get paid for it.

10 point

I have a doctors appointment on june 3rd and the 6th. Can I use the current insurance or do i have to wait for teamster care?
The email our BA read to us said "you will be receiving info on TeamCare in the following weeks".
Following weeks?

That's a great sign of how the IBT is going to run things for us.

There's only five wks until it's implemented and since it passed everywhere except three locals they could have sent the info out a long time ago.

Brilliant people.

oldngray

nowhere special
The email our BA read to us said "you will be receiving info on TeamCare in the following weeks".
Following weeks?

That's a great sign of how the IBT is going to run things for us.

There's only five wks until it's implemented and since it passed everywhere except three locals they could have sent the info out a long time ago.

Brilliant people.

UPS sent retirees a message similar to that several months ago. Basically it said your insurance will be changing and we will tell you the details later. Which actually was better than a previous letter that had incorrect information. That is why I come to BC for information - UPS tells me almost nothing.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I wonder what everyone will say when they get their last paycheck of the year and find out that 1/2 to 2/3 will not be paid for New Years Eve and New Years Day since you now have to work the day BEFORE a holiday to get paid for it.

Is this true? First I heard this?

EasyTrucker

Not sure what you mean by this Fighter? Why would 1/2 to 2/3 of UPS employees be calling out on 12/30? We've always had to work the day before a holiday where I work, unless you have a Dr.'s note. Heck, I'm in feeders and we usually get laid off Christmas Eve and we still get the holiday pay!

Sent using BrownCafe App

10 point

UPS sent retirees a message similar to that several months ago. Basically it said your insurance will be changing and we will tell you the details later. Which actually was better than a previous letter that had incorrect information. That is why I come to BC for information - UPS tells me almost nothing.
The poster had a valid question.
We all have the same question and especially the members that are having procedures done shortly or are in the middle of services/ treatment etc. Your statement doesn't address those issues.

The IBT said it would be a "seamless" transition to TeamCare.
I suppose that's what they called it when referring to what they did to Local 89, Western PA and the Philly Air hub this week.

Seamless.