What if it’s a just Better not Bigger thing?

UPSER1987

What’s better?
NDA’s used to be 10:30 now resi’s are noon.
Commercial Savers used to be 15:00 now end of day, and no one cares if you even deliver them before 5. Late air sits til the next day, no attempt to shuttle it out and make service.
Orion saves .0000345 imaginary miles but causes service issues And missed PU’s.
Management could care less if a runner gunner ever delivers a school again.
Center Level management and ORS are USELESS and inept. Division Managers are not far behInd.
The list goes on……UPS is certainly not better……Carol makes decisions that last for maybe two quarters, but destroy UPS long term.
All very nostalgic. But do you the see, hear and realize the type of employees we have now? Whining, prideless bearded pieces of goo. A bunch of Karen’s in male bodies who wouldn’t know a hard day of work if it slapped them in the face. I lol at these turds waddling from stop to stop. Any driver less that 20 years fits this dynamic. It’s not just a ups problem either. But you have to realize what you’re working with and dumb down the job and lower expectations. UPS will never be what it was because it realizes it doesn’t have the players it once had.

Brown Down

All very nostalgic. But do you the see, hear and realize the type of employees we have now? Whining, prideless bearded pieces of goo. A bunch of Karen’s in male bodies who wouldn’t know a hard day of work if it slapped them in the face. I lol at these turds waddling from stop to stop. Any driver less that 20 years fits this dynamic. It’s not just a ups problem either. But you have to realize what you’re working with and dumb down the job and lower expectations. UPS will never be what it was because it realizes it doesn’t have the players it once had.
For once I might actually agree with you with the exception of all drivers under 20 years. But that is about when they ratio of good solid employees and lazy POS ones really started to turn imo. But this is also a management problem because we have zero discipline on this crap anymore. Why would anybody want to do a good job if there's no repercussions.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You think UPS dumbed it down for only Hourly employees? Very few manager level employees at UPS capable of making decisions and managing resources. Very few.

Brown Down

You think UPS dumbed it down for only Hourly employees? Very few manager level employees at UPS capable of making decisions and managing resources. Very few.
Yep they quit hiring decent management around the same time now it's if you couldn't do the early job will have you become management. It's really a sad state of affairs

Thebrownblob

And yet they’re getting rid of 12,000 of you lol

UPSER1987

And I never said it was just hourly. The management team is just as bad, ORS that have never been on road, managers that have never been on road. The clueless leading the even more clueless. But like I said, that’s not going to change. You can’t make a square fit a circle, so you must adapt.

Thebrownblob

And I never said it was just hourly. The management team is just as bad, ORS that have never been on road, managers that have never been on road. The clueless leading the even more clueless. But like I said, that’s not going to change. You can’t make a square fit a circle, so you must adapt.
Clueless and dumb is what the company has wanted for years, now they have it. Are we better off? I don’t think so.

UPSER1987

Enjoy your time, although I doubt someone with your outlook on life will be any less miserable than you are here.
Thank you. lol my outlook is fine. This little BC thing is for brief periods of entertainment value only. A job is just that a job. My interactions here have very little to do with an outlook on life.