What is the most annoying thing that helpers do?

542thruNthru

The looking at your phone at every stop is getting REALLY annoying. I worry for the future of the human race with these kids.

This doesn't annoy me. Though I do warn them that if I have to wait for you to put your phone away to give you the package then the phone goes in the back. If they don't like that I tell them then they can find a new job. :)

The people I see that usually get mad at this are the runners that put packages in the cab of their truck. So the helper has no time to put his phone in his pocket.

Oh and old men

My helper likes to stand on the last step waiting on me to hand him the package. I’m on 27 times telling him to completely get out before he falls backwards. I’m done telling him....he’s been warned

Mooseknuckle

This doesn't annoy me. Though I do warn them that if I have to wait for you to put your phone away to give you the package then the phone goes in the back. If they don't like that I tell them then they can find a new job. :)

The people I see that usually get mad at this are the runners that put packages in the cab of their truck. So the helper has no time to put his phone in his pocket.

Oh and old men
LOL, I mean the notion that the company should pay them to text heir buddies all day.

Mooseknuckle

Oh and old men
And I'm not that old.

MrBates

I had a helper one year that would constantly grab my diad every few stops and count line by line how many stops we had left. As that wasnt annoying enough, he would still do the count one at a time even though I told him there were 8 stops per page.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
My first helper this season had potential. Young, a lil chatty, but could use the helper phone, at first. That stopped working, I reverted back to scanning all, you run. Management finally conceded the phone issues, you don't have to use them after previously threatening discipline if we didn't. But dude wasn't the most reliable. He showed up late constantly, or would call out minutes before meet time. When he did work, he walked slower than me, twice his age.

Enter helper #2. This guy is willing to work, but the job isn't for him. He's a big guy, like at least 250lbs & short. So he's a slow walker, struggles to get in the jump seat, buckle up, carry more than 3 packages, or anything heavy. I'm running circles around him, he's actually slowing me down. But I feel for the guy I guess, so I'll deal with this for another week.