What is the most weird reason you've seen someone get fired for?

margaritaville

After being at UPS for awhile i feel like you pretty much cant get fired except for stealing, dishonesty or showing up to work intoxicated. So i guess what im asking is weirdest way someone has been fired for dishonesty? Like a weird way UPS twisted something into dishonesty to get them fired. Most likely it would involve them getting tricked into resigning early on though before it got brought to panel.

If you have another reason for firing other then the ones ive listed, id be impressed.

margaritaville

What made me interested in this topic was in a thread someone said an employee got fired for saying a fake name to identify himself. If it was in a sarcastic manner i cannot imagine someone getting fired for this. I wouldnt think if this made it to panel he would get his job back. He must of got scared early on and re-signed. I would think.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you can search this topic for dozens of examples. maybe not weird but one of our feeder drivers brought his girlfriend along with him on his run and it was the district manager that caught him when he saw the girlfriend practically sitting in his lap.

if I did this I would have them wear an extra set of browns.

PT Car Washer

We had a Feeder driver get fired because he was taking his hour lunch at a country bar along the highway. He would carry an extra set of clothes and line dance during his break. He wasn't off for very long but I don't think he stopped at bars during his breaks anymore.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There was a driver in our district who broke his arm or wrist before he came to work. Tried to wait till he got to work so he could claim he did it on the job, but got busted. Didn't have first hand knowledge of this one, but I heard it thru the feeder grapevine.

EasyTrucker

As long as he wasn't drinking, why would the company care if he gets a little exercise by country line dancing??? He wasn't even in uniform!

PT Car Washer

As long as he wasn't drinking, why would the company care if he gets a little exercise by country line dancing??? He wasn't even in uniform!
I think that is why he wasn't out for very long. Not sure about the whole story but I believe it was an image problem. Coming out of a bar at night and climbing into a UPS Feeder truck.

box_beeyotch

I think that is why he wasn't out for very long. Not sure about the whole story but I believe it was an image problem. Coming out of a bar at night and climbing into a UPS Feeder truck.

That's understandable. I've taken lunch at pubs in downtown before because the foods good. A little different at night, especially when you leave and get in a tractor trailer.

Re-Raise

We had a preloader get fired for peeing in the floor drain between the cars instead of taking the time to walk upstairs to the bathroom.

He had enough seniority that he was pretty close to getting his shot at driving.

Management was thrilled to have an excuse to get rid of him before we put him out into the public in a UPS uniform.

PT Car Washer

We had a preloader get fired for peeing in the floor drain between the cars instead of taking the time to walk upstairs to the bathroom.

He had enough seniority that he was pretty close to getting his shot at driving.

Management was thrilled to have an excuse to get rid of him before we put him out into the public in a UPS uniform.
I have heard of loaders and unloaders peeing between the trailers before. Usually the spotters will complain. Not sure how many were fired for it.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
One guy got fired here for going over 9.5 back when the company cared. Management terminated him for dishonesty as a sup told him to make it and they claimed he purposely went over. He got two days back pay for his time out. No, there isn't more to this story, prior to this the employee had zero discipline problems. This is straight from the horse's mouth.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
A driver in a neighboring center was fired for taking a leak in a customers drive way when the customer came home.

A preloader was dating pre load supe and they got into a physical altercation and they were both fired. She beat him likea dog,took her belt off and whipped him. my load was TERRIBLE that day

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What made me interested in this topic was in a thread someone said an employee got fired for saying a fake name to identify himself. If it was in a sarcastic manner i cannot imagine someone getting fired for this. I wouldnt think if this made it to panel he would get his job back. He must of got scared early on and re-signed. I would think.
We had a driver get in trouble for this. Not tired but trouble. The consigne had you sign in when you deliver and he was writing things like Santa Claus and Elvis down.

clean hairy

Geez, the guy was just trying to do stretching excersizes during his lunch to help keep his muscles loose and minimize injury!
Trying to stay physicaly fit during lunch and the Co. makes a stink about it!
Better than some driver just sitting in his truck eating Bon-Bons for his lunch for an hour!

browntroll

one guy fired for pooping in a tote box not sure why but heard he came back.
another guy got fired for grabbing a necklace/pendant that rested between a office chicks breasts, she was showing it off to everyone and this
idiot decided he needed a closer look/feel.
one guy cameback from vacation he thought got approved only to find out they fired him for 5 no call no shows in a row, he did have paperwork to prove
he was supposed to be on vacation.
not sure if true or not heard a few guys got fired after 15 years with the company for not having legit social security numbers back when they made ups
check everyones info.

Brownpride816

Ive also heard about a guy breaking his ankle on a sunday night, he waited all night, then went to work, he walked in (limping) and the manager noticed he was walking slow, then 10mins after while fixing his air he claimed he slipped, that didnt fly lol

EasyTrucker

Geez, the guy was just trying to do stretching excersizes during his lunch to help keep his muscles loose and minimize injury!
Trying to stay physicaly fit during lunch and the Co. makes a stink about it!
Better than some driver just sitting in his truck eating Bon-Bons for his lunch for an hour!
Yeah that's exactly what I was saying !

browner89

Ive also heard about a guy breaking his ankle on a sunday night, he waited all night, then went to work, he walked in (limping) and the manager noticed he was walking slow, then 10mins after while fixing his air he claimed he slipped, that didnt fly lol

I'm curious how the manager can fight that, did he record him walking slow secretly? Send emails out to someone (for timestamp purposes) saying that he thinks this guy is hurt before he "slips"? No CCTV or any fancy cameras in my building so it'd be word vs word without management doing some creative stuff to prove they think it was about to happen.