What is the Union going to do when up to 30% are laid off in January?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
No OT for any hourly. That is what the 30% will be doing for work. My center ran an 8.15 avg. plan the last 2 wks. Feeders still have more drivers to hire after this non peak is over. Heard UPS turned down or put a cap on amazon this peak.

I heard of a few buildings rolling Amazon trailers...don't ever remember than happening in the past.

bumped

No OT for any hourly. That is what the 30% will be doing for work. My center ran an 8.15 avg. plan the last 2 wks. Feeders still have more drivers to hire after this non peak is over. Heard UPS turned down or put a cap on amazon this peak.

I've never heard of UPS turning down any packages.

SameRightsForAll

Not like what is coming.

Rough times for Brown are ahead.

I think you're making things up because you fear that you're going to be laid off. All the seasonals minus a few favorites they like grabbing ass with will either be invited back or never leave. I've never seen a seniority employee be laid off but they might be cut back so much that it feels like it and I would suggest taking your last X number of paychecks down to the unemployment office and present your case as the same and see if you qualify for assistance until you ride out the UPS greed crunch, or bid up to something with more hours.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I think you're making things up because you fear that you're going to be laid off. All the seasonals minus a few favorites they like grabbing ass with will either be invited back or never leave. I've never seen a seniority employee be laid off but they might be cut back so much that it feels like it and I would suggest taking your last X number of paychecks down to the unemployment office and present your case as the same and see if you qualify for assistance until you ride out the UPS greed crunch, or bid up to something with more hours.
I am retired.
Don't care.
I hope UPS stock tanks so I can make money shorting it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

He's trolling.

Mooseknuckle

Are you guys really seeing that little volume? Sounds like the sky is falling. I don't see much of a drop at all here. Most of our guys are getting off by 7 but, we have more seasonals than I've ever seen and are running everyone 6 days. That seems to explain it all to me. Still getting much more packages per house and more houses per street than before peak.

Overpaid Union Thug

Are you guys really seeing that little volume? Sounds like the sky is falling. I don't see much of a drop at all here. Most of our guys are getting off by 7 but, we have more seasonals than I've ever seen and are running everyone 6 days. That seems to explain it all to me. Still getting much more packages per house and more houses per street than before peak.
Fear mongers and Negative Nancies.......

Trailer monkey

Up to 30% of Union members will be laid off in January.
UPS is hemorrhaging cash.
The stock price is tanking.
What is the Union going to do?
Drivers will work in the building, enough P/T'ers quit so that most would not be laid off and if they were it would not be for long. Fed Ex stock is down even more than UPS, YTD

The Range

In too deep
25% of the boxes I touch are amazon branded. There is an illusion of less work here but there are more temp workers than ever. Many of whom make more than union employees with multiple years of seniority. The only people sweating should be tenured union employees and not for future lack of volume =). UPS will be fine.