What is UPS waiting for?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Immunity to that particular narrow slice of the coronavirus family, sure. But that sort of immunity is pretty useless.

You can be immune to a thing that changes by a fraction of a percent and then reinfects. The fact that you were "immune" to the old strain is irrelevant.

Thank you for pointing out why the flu vaccine is so ineffective. You can get reinfected with the flu every single year of your life, with vaccination.

So by reinfected, you really mean get sick with another strain. According to one article I read, they have identified 8 strains. The issue, as I understand it, is that whatever genes change have to change the shape of the receptors on the virus in order for the antibodies to not be effective from one strain to the next.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I’m gonna so love the paradigm shift you whiners take when the layoffs start and you lose income. Have you seen unemployment projections???? THIS HAS ONLY BEGUN be glad the work is still here

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So by reinfected, you really mean get sick with another strain. According to one article I read, they have identified 8 strains. The issue, as I understand it, is that whatever genes change have to change the shape of the receptors on the virus in order for the antibodies to not be effective from one strain to the next.
Yeah from what I’ve heard it’s mutating rather slowly and very minor mutations.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well I’ll
Be damn

https://www.fda.gov/media/136625/download

UPSER1987

Trump said cover your face when your outside today. If your management teams repeat that to you, they are just following instructions from the clueless top...I’m sure that will help