What is YOUR plan FEDEX?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Time commits that you are rarely held to because you can't get out of the building before 10 am.;)
That doesn't change with pickup close times and only some (usually P1) delivery commitment times are affected. X still tries to hold the couriers feet to the fire regardless of their poor planning. Make no mistake about that.

bacha29

Thanks guys, great interaction. As all of you know, the grim reality surrounding the ISP format is that it provides FXG with the opportunity to effect even greater command and control over people they claim are independent contractors The so called "getting up to scale" is simply a demand for an even larger capital infusion from the contractor. In the vast majority of the time it's borrowed money yet the contractor has absolutely no control over the fate of that borrowed money. Oh, there may be a little bit of money to be made but the undisputed fact is that the risk/reward ratio will continue to shift to an even greater degree to the side of risk. And with the other operating units experiencing margin deterioration (just look at their operating results) contracting for FXG will become more challenging. So leave yourselves an out and don't assume for a moment the big money some of those routes were sold for in the past will continue into the future.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Express has time commits , on call pups with one hour Windows, has to abide by state laws regarding breaks and DOT hos. All of which ground does not. Now you want to compare numbers. Lol
Thank you for your response to the :censored2: from Fedex Dirt, I mean, Ground Division. He has no clue about the hoops Express requires its drivers to jump through.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I still talk to my drivers who went to Express. They aren't at all challenged.
hahaha, nothing says challenging like delivering residential first then delivering business as you do your pickups. business stops love getting FedEx ground at 430 p.m.

Purplepackage

I still talk to my drivers who went to Express. They aren't at all challenged.

What kind of challenge are they looking for?

We are 2 totally different services, there are routes in my station that do 150 stops every day and are back by 4.

But we are an express service, obvisouly we can't go out with 200 stops and pick ups and be back to the station by 7:30 when the truck leaves.

Taking out 80 stops with 20 regular pups and say 10 on calls makes for a fine 10 hour day

bbsam

Staff member
hahaha, nothing says challenging like delivering residential first then delivering business as you do your pickups. business stops love getting FedEx ground at 430 p.m.
Um. That's the standard now. Ask your friendly neighborhood UPS man about Orion.

robdabanks

Will ground try to push next Sunday deliveries? If Saturday starts a new week and we have off for Christmas, i can see them saying something to bail them out.

dex 84

Do your last p1 on one side of town at 1030 and someone calls in a pup with a 1300 close time in the complete other side of town, you know the side you have to be in from 1530 to 1730 anyway for your regulars. So much for finishing this area while you're out here, going back across town and rolling into your pickups.

CJinx

Will ground try to push next Sunday deliveries? If Saturday starts a new week and we have off for Christmas, i can see them saying something to bail them out.
I haven't heard any plans for Sunday operations, but my district isn't so far behind the eight-ball that another operating day would be required. Sunday starts the new week (Sun-Sat, not Sat-Fri).

It will be fine

Sunday starts the new week (Sun-Sat, not Sat-Fri).
Doesn't matter. DOT is continuous 7 days. All the drivers will be at or close to 70 hours by the end of Saturday and will need the 34 hr reset. It makes no difference that the next Friday will be off or what day fedex decides a week starts.

Purplepackage

:censored2:, I've been straight lining for a few weeks now. Want to send me out over stop count? Then you get to deal with service failures on both the delivery and pickup side.

Tomorrow will be mass service failures for us regardless of straight lining or not.

Everyone is working tomorrow but they decided that this year instead of taking out Monday deliveries yesterday we would let it sit.

So now we have 2 trucks worth of freight that came in yesterday plus 3 trucks coming tomorrow, now you tell me if that was a good idea or not

Purplepackage

Simply brilliant. Thanks bonehead engineers!

It was a district decision, apparently we werent productive enough last year. Well a csa told me that we delivered 1000 stops last year this past Saturday. Sounds like enough productivity to take the edge off of Monday to me

To make that number have more sense, we are small enough that when we hit 4k stops coming in we are pretty much crushed