What negotiations?

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired

So if anyone were to follow the current actions of our largest competitor, are they also thinking win win win for teamsters, ups?

Thebrownblob

So if anyone were to follow the current actions of our largest competitor, are they also thinking win win win for teamsters, ups?
Only if the company gets off its ass and gets the contract finalized.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope----FedEx is finally doing what they should have done a long time ago.

worldwide

These furloughs are at FedEx Freight. LTL is low margin business, which is one of the reasons UPS got rid of it's LTL division. FedEx is just finally catching up to everyone else in the LTL industry that has made adjustments to their network. That being said, FedEx Freight is still, by far, the largest LTL carrier in the country, almost double the revenue of Old Dominion (also non-union).

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
These furloughs are at FedEx Freight. LTL is low margin business, which is one of the reasons UPS got rid of it's LTL division. FedEx is just finally catching up to everyone else in the LTL industry that has made adjustments to their network. That being said, FedEx Freight is still, by far, the largest LTL carrier in the country, almost double the revenue of Old Dominion (also non-union).
Old Dominion just sold a majority stake to XPO Logistics.

worldwide

Old Dominion just sold a majority stake to XPO Logistics.
When did this happen? There's nothing on the Old Dominion or XPO Logisitics investor relations site about this. Can you provide a link?

XPO did recently poach their new COO from Old Dominion, but I can't find anything about them purchasing a majority stake in Old Dominion nor was anything mentioned on their earnings call 2 days ago.

DOK

What’s the connection you’re making with the Teamsters?

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
What’s the connection you’re making with the Teamsters?
Simple fact that fdx continues to either consolidate or otherwise shutter many aspects of their operation even as we quickly approach the end of this current contract. Seems counter intuitive if they are realizing new business from our shippers that need to make decisions sooner than later. Just seems a little backwards to me.

FozziesDeliveries

"The macro economics shifted the third plane of hell and made micro orgasms in the sea nymphs cascading longitudinal prism rays 4th squared route of an elephants tusk. Once the dust has settled from the tantric cosmic end time ecplipse event we will better be able to decipher the perpetually layered macaroon through a plethora of episodic and euphoric enigmas resulting in a win win win and us thinking better not bigger. Also our drivers make a sh!z load of money. Here is $1000 for letting me ask and answer my own questions." -Caroline TóMayyy

"The macro economics shifted the third plane of hell and made micro orgasms in the sea nymphs cascading longitudinal prism rays 4th squared route of an elephants tusk. Once the dust has settled from the tantric cosmic end time ecplipse event we will better be able to decipher the perpetually layered macaroon through a plethora of episodic and euphoric enigmas resulting in a win win win and us thinking better not bigger. Also our drivers make a sh!z load of money. Here is $1000 for letting me ask and answer my own questions." -Caroline TóMayyy
Another fluff piece

oldngray

nowhere special
Was that 24 accumulated hours over a 7 day period? :wink2:
Shirley it can't be 24 hours a day / 7 days a week...
Shirley Serious.gif