What Newspaper(s) Do YOU Consider to be a Reputable Source for the Truth?

LarryBird

This thread has gone off the rails, not that I'm not partially responsible, but still.

I'm not an on topic nazi, not by any stretch of the imagination, but it'd be nice if we could have had these discussions of religion, war, and political divides in a different thread. One of the many already devoted to these topics.

I had really wanted this particular thread to be about where people went for their news sources and why they trusted said source or not - how newspapers/magazines/websites of great repute have become no better than sensationalist tabloids in some people's eyes.

But whatevs. It's still had some decent banter regardless.

BrownArmy

This thread has gone off the rails, not that I'm not partially responsible, but still.

I'm not an on topic nazi, not by any stretch of the imagination, but it'd be nice if we could have had these discussions of religion, war, and political divides in a different thread. One of the many already devoted to these topics.

I had really wanted this particular thread to be about where people went for their news sources and why they trusted said source or not - how newspapers/magazines/websites of great repute have become no better than sensationalist tabloids in some people's eyes.

Welcome to the monkey-house.

El Correcto

god is dead

That was answered. People use multiple news sources to get information, really any news source is good enough. You type into google what you want to “prove” and then you post the article that pops up. Different sources spin things differently, even statistics are manipulated and other factors ignored. You can literally come to any conclusion you want with what is available out there, it really comes down to the person who is doing the searching.

It’s fine to read the news, it’s not alright to accept the author’s spin as the word of god.

LarryBird

That was answered. People use multiple news sources to get information, really any news source is good enough. You type into google what you want to “prove” and then you post the article that pops up. Different sources spin things differently, even statistics are manipulated and other factors ignored. You can literally come to any conclusion you want with what is available out there, it really comes down to the person who is doing the searching.

It’s fine to read the news, it’s not alright to accept the author’s spin as the word of god.
The problem is not every piece of news people disagree with is the result of spin, and it's unclear to me how we've gotten to this place.

I wish we could look back in time and point to where it all started but it didn't happen like that. Many people have just somehow decided that if they don't agree with the facts it's fake news or it's some kind of spin job. Everything that happens doesn't need to fit in to each of our preconceived set of beliefs to make it the truth - sometimes we're just wrong about what we think on a particular topic and we all have to accept that, and accept that not everything that occurs can be blamed on the other side like things are that black and white. What happened to the grey areas?

LarryBird

Just like that :censored2: Howard Zinn book you people think is a history book. It’s a :censored2:ing political book.
So you're on what, about page 17 now? Still thinking you know the deal before getting to chapter 2?

You must be incredibly difficult to talk to in real life...people who have their minds made up about topics before they've even given it a fair shot or an ounce of consideration, and/or think they just know everything from the jump always are.

cachmeifucan

Reliable news 890 am Chris plant. 560 am Hannity. Any many others on those 2 channels. One American news. Foxnews is was to liberal Juan williams is lost. But since a liberal runs fox it doesn't suprise me.

LarryBird

And again, please recommend me an American history book that you do consider to be an in depth look back at our nation and that doesn't sugar coat the hard truths...I'd be interested to read the book that you think records the history of our nation best.

Seriously. I've already told you I will purchase and read it and then report back with my thoughts on it, and my honest opinion of how it compares to Zinn's book.

LarryBird

Reliable news 890 am Chris plant. 560 am Hannity. Any many others on those 2 channels. One American news. Foxnews is was to liberal Juan williams is lost. But since a liberal runs fox it doesn't suprise me.
Not familiar with any of those programs besides Hannity, but that kind of sounds like opinion based news entertainment. The kind of place where you're not getting the news, but rather hearing about someone else's perspective on news through a political viewpoint.

That cool either way, and if I'm wrong about what I've said about it being opinion based news entertainment, I apologize - like I said I'm only familiar with Hannity.

Where do you get your "just the facts, ma'am" type news? The news where you get the facts as they happened and can form your own opinion on perhaps why it did?

Thanks for answering btw, not trying to break your balls or put your news source on the spot. This thread is not meant as a judgement on people's sources of news - it was kinda supposed to be like a poll almost. Just wanna see where people go to stay informed.

cachmeifucan

Breitbart.com only or gatewaypundit.com and you have to go to duckduckgo just to get to gatewaypundit.com because Google won't. Heyjackass.com also for my shooting news in :censored2:cago

cachmeifucan

Not familiar with any of those programs besides Hannity, but that kind of sounds like opinion based news entertainment. The kind of place where you're not getting the news, but rather hearing about someone else's perspective on news through a political viewpoint.

That cool either way, and if I'm wrong about what I've said about it being opinion based news entertainment, I apologize - like I said I'm only familiar with Hannity.

Where do you get your "just the facts, ma'am" type news? The news where you get the facts as they happened and can form your own opinion on perhaps why it did?

Thanks for answering btw, not trying to break your balls or put your news source on the spot. This thread is not meant as a judgement on people's sources of news - it was kinda supposed to be like a poll almost. Just wanna see where people go to stay informed.
Most news is opinions lately. You know when your local news started to be opinions is when they tell you about a horrible crime and have suspects but won't say the race unless they are white then that's ok but any other colors your just left to assume.

LarryBird

Breitbart.com only or gatewaypundit.com and you have to go to duckduckgo just to get to gatewaypundit.com because Google won't. Heyjackass.com also for my shooting news in :censored2:cago
Ok, I'm gonna have to respond to this.

You do realize that Brietbart is consistently regarded by news watchdog organizations as basically only a c*nt hair above propaganda, correct?

BrownArmy

Most news is opinions lately. You know when your local news started to be opinions is when they tell you about a horrible crime and have suspects but won't say the race unless they are white then that's ok but any other colors your just left to assume.

Why are you racist?

JK, you’re a fine American.

cachmeifucan

Ok, I'm gonna have to respond to this.

You do realize that Brietbart is consistently regarded by news watchdog organizations as basically only a c*nt hair above propaganda, correct?
Maybe the people telling you its propaganda is really a smoke screen and propaganda itself. Ever think why the masters of the universe want to discredit them. Rip Andrew Breitbart

LarryBird

That true? Or is that your perception of the truth?

Because my local news definitely show the suspects and those who have been arrested for crimes regardless of color.