What steps need to be done NOW

542thruNthru

Good suggestions on many threads. Here are a few I have seen but have not been implemented everywhere...

1. Gaurd shack.
-No more requiring you to slide your phone etc across the same disgusting counter as hundreds of others.
-No guards handling your personal items.
-secondary waiting station to wait for prior person to pass through (6 foot spacing)

2. PCM AREA
-No central boards/TVs which makes people congregate
-Turn off the route plan monitors. We did the routes for decades without them. They attract groups and the communal mouse is unsanitary

3. DIAD rack area
Distribute the DIADs to the package cars by one person wearing clean gear. Drivers literally bumping into each other now to punch in at a central location.

4. Provide Disinfecting equipment and station
- There is no excuse not to provide a station (table) with spray bottles of diluted bleach water.
-Provide at minimum paper towels soaked in bleach water or Clorox wipes to wipe down our own steering wheel, fob, handrail etc etc.

5. Provide gloves and face coverings. Gloves are readily available as are (non-N95) masks. It is the price of doing business!!! Lots of companies are totally sidelined now. If we want to continue with normal operations we better start providing reasonable safeguards.

Anyone have ideas to add?

We already do all that except the DIAD distributing though the union did propose it.

I wipe down my truck in the morning and sanitize my hands after every stop. I don't wear the mask though. Can't work with it on. I wear something else. Then when I get in I wipe down the truck again for the carwash guys and anyone else like twilight members that might get inside my truck.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We already do all that except the DIAD distributing though the union did propose it.

I wipe down my truck in the morning and sanitize my hands after every stop. I don't wear the mask though. Can't work with it on. I wear something else. Then when I get in I wipe down the truck again for the carwash guys and anyone else like twilight members that might get inside my truck.
You need to come in on your day off and wash it out for free like upscab did.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
My load appreciates me because I treat him with respect.
Dont be fooled. He has commented in the past that he had (derogatory) talks with his loader when they didnt measure up to his standards. He was the boss. Hired off the street and treated part timers like they were his personal lackeys.

Now he's on here again contributing his vast knowledge and hoping that people will forget his pro-company, anti-union babble that stirred up hatred on this site for years.

We have enough scabs still working to deal with. It was nice to finally be rid of this one, so we thought.

542thruNthru

Dont be fooled. He has commented in the past that he had (derogatory) talks with his loader when they didnt measure up to his standards. He was the boss. Hired off the street and treated part timers like they were his personal lackeys.

Now he's on here again contributing his vast knowledge and hoping that people will forget his pro-company, anti-union babble that stirred up hatred on this site for years.

We have enough scabs still working to deal with. It was nice to finally be rid of this one, so we thought.

Oh I know. That was kind of my point. I treat my loader with respect and he appreciates it. I'm not his boss just because he loads my truck.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Off the street hires might complain about loaders. Anyone who has done the job usually doesn't.

Anyways on topic.. I can see buildings especially those that have confirmed cases to start taking temperatures at the guard shack.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Off the street hires might complain about loaders. Anyone who has done the job usually doesn't.

Off the street hires do usually complain more but at least 75% of drivers seem to see themselves above PTers and complain or talk to them like they are their boss.

At least from what I've seen.

Dr.Brownz

Good suggestions on many threads. Here are a few I have seen but have not been implemented everywhere...

1. Gaurd shack.
-No more requiring you to slide your phone etc across the same disgusting counter as hundreds of others.
-No guards handling your personal items.
-secondary waiting station to wait for prior person to pass through (6 foot spacing)

2. PCM AREA
-No central boards/TVs which makes people congregate
-Turn off the route plan monitors. We did the routes for decades without them. They attract groups and the communal mouse is unsanitary

3. DIAD rack area
Distribute the DIADs to the package cars by one person wearing clean gear. Drivers literally bumping into each other now to punch in at a central location.

4. Provide Disinfecting equipment and station
- There is no excuse not to provide a station (table) with spray bottles of diluted bleach water.
-Provide at minimum paper towels soaked in bleach water or Clorox wipes to wipe down our own steering wheel, fob, handrail etc etc.

5. Provide gloves and face coverings. Gloves are readily available as are (non-N95) masks. It is the price of doing business!!! Lots of companies are totally sidelined now. If we want to continue with normal operations we better start providing reasonable safeguards.

Anyone have ideas to add?

Fire all management

Shut down for 2 weeks