WHAT THE * * ***** ** Car dealerships

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Found a cheap SOB 900s for sale, 2K plus a limited warranty which covers just a little over half of the vehicle's value if the engine or transmission breaks down in 4 weeks.

It was an awesome little car, took it to get inspected, everything was worn out (the car is 23 years old) but not immediately a concern.

Took it back, and the dealer withdraws the 30-day warranty "It is void if you take it for an inspection" FFFFFFFFFFF
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

One day's pay double shifting wasted.

Found a cheap SOB 900s for sale, 2K plus a limited warranty which covers just a little over half of the vehicle's value if the engine or transmission breaks down in 4 weeks.

It was an awesome little car, took it to get inspected, everything was worn out (the car is 23 years old) but not immediately a concern.

Took it back, and the dealer withdraws the 30-day warranty "It is void if you take it for an inspection" FFFFFFFFFFF
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Told you to buy something newer.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'd look over that sales contract closely. Could they make it more obvious they're trying to hide something? Why even tell them it was inspected?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I'd look over that sales contract closely. Could they make it more obvious they're trying to hide something? Why even tell them it was inspected?
Kid did not mention anything about the warranty on signing. I was reading word for word when I got to the sheet of paper with a big X on the wrong checkbox indicating no warranty.

I was working on the premise that a pre-purchase inspection is you last, best stick to wield to negotiate a car. You would disclose that you are getting an inspection after the price in order to hold their ability to "sell the car" hostage. I knew the dealer would take offense but you are supposed to walk away after that anyways so idk.

Here's the power play, get it inspected without notice on your first drive, tell them you want an inspection afterwords. If they say yes. Show up tomorrow, talk about the inspection as a pressure point for a minute but then back off and claim that an inspection is not needed.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I was working on the premise that a pre-purchase inspection is you last, best stick to wield to negotiate a car. You would disclose that you are getting an inspection after the price in order to hold their ability to "sell the car" hostage. I knew the dealer would take offense but you are supposed to walk away after that anyways so idk.

Here's the power play, get it inspected without notice on your first drive, tell them you want an inspection afterwords. If they say yes. Show up tomorrow, talk about the inspection as a pressure point for a minute but then back off and claim that an inspection is not needed.
Though I don't know why one would even spend time negotiating with snakes to buy trash when making that kind of money.

rod

Retired 22 years
Why piss around with a $2,000 POS. Buy something in the $25,000 to $35,000 range like all the other kids do. You're not typical if you aren't $50,000 in debt by the time you are 25. Get something with all the bells and whistles.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

What’d you think you were gonna use the warranty on all of
The stuff that came up
With the inspection?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They actually do not do any financing at all, they will refer you to american express.

Dealer specifically mentioned they did not want to deal with customers with bad finance unlike other lots. It was their "difference"
And I replied I was paying upfront.
Bait?

Run the VIN through Carfax.

I'd bet it came from a wholesale auction because no one else wanted it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
What’d you think you were gonna use the warranty on all of
The stuff that came up
With the inspection?
LOL actually I was not going to use it at all and was going to void it instantly doing a DIY repair
The vehicle was in beutiful shape, comparatively, to the price listed.
it was all a matter of principle
The car was for sale 2K with a 30-day limited warrenty. I did not even negotiate down.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Run the VIN through Carfax.

I'd bet it came from a wholesale auction because no one else wanted it.
I did
Auctioned $750 (very good for a saab 900s, most auction for less than $500 if they had any issues whatsoever) in oregon city, on sale for $3000 originally, sat in one lot for 2 months, transferred to second lot and sat for another 2 months.
2 owner, second kept it in great condition. It was obviously well maintained. Just a bit over 100,000 miles.

Dealer looked great at first because they did not change or replace anything beyond the basic obligatory stuff like oil and coolant. "These were the tires that came with the car, deal with it"

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
LOL actually I was not going to use it at all and was going to void it instantly doing a DIY repair
The vehicle was in beutiful shape, comparatively, to the price listed.
it was all a matter of principle
The car was for sale 2K with a 30-day limited warrenty. I did not even negotiate down.
I still have no idea what your angle was.

If you liked the price just buy it.