What the heck......

bd-dude

Is this forum just for some of the drivers to complain. There are specific users who only complain.

If you hate your job and UPS so much, PLEASE QUIT.

Everyone has a tough job, there are no green pastures at UPS. I imagine that if the attitude I see displayed here is what you are showing our customers, it's no wonder that our competition has it easy.

I'm in BD and have done all the different jobs at UPS before moving into BD. We lose customers for all different types of reasons like price but the reason most customers leave UPS is poor service and damages. I remember when it was unheard of for a customer to complain about their driver, now I hear these complaints on a daily and weekly basis.

I honestly believe that 90% of our service providers are the best in the industry but it only takes a customer to interatct with one driver with a bad attitude and poor work ethic to sink all the work and good will put out by the handful that don't care. All the good drivers take a look at your next PCM, there are that handful that you probably wouldn't want handling your shipments.

Overall, I commend those who put their best foot forward everyday. There are bad apples in all our departments, BD, management, drivers, loaders, etc. We just need to get these people out of UPS.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
Ok now you vented, NOW go get your own sales leads and stop asking us to do your job for you! We can and will submit leads when deemed appropriate, we are NOT going to pressure and push a sales lead only to have bd mess it up I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE in our BD dept.!! Just stop hassling us to do your job!:mad:

bd-dude

wow, genius post. You act like it's work to turn in a sales lead. Poor, poor you, you have to look for competitor packages and get paid for it. Yes there have been leads that have been turned in that BD has messed up. But far and away are the drivers who put no effort into a lead and cry and wine on this message board.

Please quit UPS, you sound like the drivers that I discussed in the original post.

If you can't see what I'm talking about then you are the problem.

There's bad everywhereat UPS, let's get them all out.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Sounds liike someone has an attitude problem, and maybe they should move on.
If you talk to our prospective customers like you talk to us, Id go to fed ex too.
Most of the driver complaints Ive seen in my center are customers not getting what they want from us, ie delivery and pick up times. That my dear is something we bust our a**es to do, but when you have 3 rts on one truck, not everyone can get delivered by noon, like they were accustomed to for ions.
But I have sure heard some horror stories from my customers about the idiot that comes to visit every six months, but doesnt offer them a solution.

over9five

Staff member
This coming from a BD person! All we hear everyday is management begging for leads because BD is dropping the ball!

More customers complain about their AE then about their driver.

Stop your whining on this board, AND GO OUT AND SELL!

browniehound

BD-dude, get a clue my friend. I mean no disrespect, but you are way off base here. If there is a list of why the customer uses our competition, then the UPS driver is at the VERY bottom. BD's incompetence and ingnorance, however, are right there below price and damages. Do your drivers a favor and ask us or our management team if we can provide specific favors to certain customers before you go ahead and promise them. Thank you for reading my post.

upsgrunt

That might be a good thread! "The funniest things my accounts have said about their rep."
Here are a few of mine:
1. Who is our rep? What's their name? We never see one!
2. What's up with your sales rep? They're a freak.
3. I thought you told them to call us; we're still waiting!
4. At least the Fed Ex rep brings us pizza and t-shirts- you're guy gave us squat
5. What happened to the rep before the rep we had last year? She was a nice person
6. How do I get in touch with our rep. I've called 3 times and they won't return it.

Before you start blasting on drivers that "they" need to turn in leads, it's mostly "their" fault, it's "our" business together, and the like, why don't you just do YOUR job! Why is it so hard to at least return phone calls and visit your accounts every 6 months or so-what the hell are you doing now that you don't even have time for that?

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I filled out a sales lead once. after the 6 weeks it took you guys to contact the new customer I looked like a smuck who didnt do his job. I got the customer all his supplies and picked up about 10 15 ground packages a day for 3 months. I had to break with deliveries to go get this out of the way pick up ( No problem he was a nice guy and always had a soda for me ) make sure he got his supplies and be the HR as no one thought him significent enough to ever call him back. I did however make $6.00 for the sales lead. yep almost enough to by me lunch one Monday exept they didnt take American express . The sales lead program is a joke unless you find a customer that shops 100 plus packages a day (hard to do on a resi route) I know save myself the embarrisment and point them in the direction of the neerest staples or UPS store .

Brownnblue

Geez, where do I begin???!!!???

Anytime I hear the "If you don't like your job as a UPS driver, then quit" line, I look down and see an imaginary subtitle that says this translation: "I do not know how to respond to your complaint, whether it be valid or invalid. I have neither the people skills nor the managerial wherewithal to deal with any type of interpersonal dynamic such as this. If I use this simple quit your job rhetoric, perhaps I can strike a basic nerve with said employee and end the conversation abruptly."

Sometimes dealing with my teenage son is difficult. SHOULD I JUST QUIT?

Sometimes dealing with my first grader is difficult. SHOULD I JUST QUIT?

Sometimes dealing with the ups & downs of the game of life is difficult. SHOULD I JUST QUIT?

Here is a statement that might be extremely difficult for you grasp, given the difference in our positions at UPS; if I quit my job at UPS and went on to something else, UPS would lose a very good employee. They would lose an employee who just this week:
1) received his award for 14 years safe driving
2) turned in a positive tracer from a driver who was covering for me while I was on vacation
3) received no complaints
4) treated all customers with the dignity & respect they deserve, despite being grossly over dispatched every day

I believe that someone in this thread mentioned this point already, but it bears repeating. If you are showing either a potential customer or an established customer the same attitude that you are showing your co-workers at UPS, it is no wonder that they are going to the competition. As for looking around at the PCM and trying to pick out drivers who I would not want to deliver my package, I would be glad to take this challenge. We do some pretty extraordinary things on a daily basis.

And UPSgrunt was RIGHT ON with his customer quotes about our BD reps. I would like to also add "I couldn't get an answer to my question from my rep, I had to wait for my driver to help me."

Instead of being on this personal quest to weed out the "baaaaaad drivers", how about sitting down and listening so we could be on the same page and have a work force more powerful then our competition could ever envision. Yeah, you might have to go back to people skill school, but it would be worth it.

And to UK Guy
SCOTLAND 5 LITHUANIA 0
Steven Pressley for the hat trick.
You heard it hear first!!!!!

Hillboy

I've seen three and a half decades of begger pukes like you, and it's your ilk that ruined UPS as a place to work!!!!!! I give more customer svc in an hour than you'll give till Brown sweeps you out the back door.

DS

Fenderbender
bd-dude...hey man,this forum is a lot more than just drivers complaining about thier jobs.I think you are way outta line.Maybe the complaints about drivers is the result of them being way overdispatched?I bet if you tried to do the job you`d get more complaints than they do.In fact I bet you`d be crying like a little girl if it was 7:30 at night and you still had 30 deliveries left.BTW I'd bet that its more like 99% of drivers that do a good job.
One more thing ,if we want to cry in here we will,nobody at ups seems to care about anything but numbers.Maybe you would have more fun at upsers.com.
This site has been here a long time dude,if you'd take the time to read a few posts,you`d see we are a big happy family here.Well, maybe not always happy,but we support each other and we don't need you coming in here to promote your firing frenzy.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont know why but his first post made me think of this song

"He's a friend of them long-haired, hippie type, pinko fags
I betcha he's even got a Commie flag
Tacked up on the wall, inside of his garage
He's a snake in the grass, I tell ya guys
He may look dumb, but that's just a disguise
He's a mastermind in the ways of espionage."

They all started lookin' real suspicious at him
And he jumped up an' said; "Now, just wait a minute, Jim
You know he's lyin' I've been livin' here all of my life."
"I'm a faithfull follower of Brother John Birch
And I belong to the Antioch Baptist Church
And I ain't even got a garage, you can call home and ask my wife."

Again I dont know, it just seemed to fit.

satellitedriver

Is this forum just for some of the drivers to complain. There are specific users who only complain.

If you hate your job and UPS so much, PLEASE QUIT.

Everyone has a tough job, there are no green pastures at UPS. I imagine that if the attitude I see displayed here is what you are showing our customers, it's no wonder that our competition has it easy.

I'm in BD and have done all the different jobs at UPS before moving into BD. We lose customers for all different types of reasons like price but the reason most customers leave UPS is poor service and damages. I remember when it was unheard of for a customer to complain about their driver, now I hear these complaints on a daily and weekly basis.

I honestly believe that 90% of our service providers are the best in the industry but it only takes a customer to interatct with one driver with a bad attitude and poor work ethic to sink all the work and good will put out by the handful that don't care. All the good drivers take a look at your next PCM, there are that handful that you probably wouldn't want handling your shipments.

Overall, I commend those who put their best foot forward everyday. There are bad apples in all our departments, BD, management, drivers, loaders, etc. We just need to get these people out of UPS.
Let me get this straight.
You are complaining on this site about too many people complaining on this site.
You can remember when, oh yes,the nostalgic days of yore.
Washed trucks, shoe shined drivers with gleaming smiles and fresh pressed uniforms.
Now, it must be the drivers fault.
Dispatches that equal peak loads everyday, day in and day out.
More misloads due to the PAS system.
Crammed packages into package cars, Over 70's put on top of the box marked fragile.
Car bumpers placed on top of Micasa pottery.
Rusty tractor rims, unboxed, on top of fabric rolls.
Not to mention, that our center cannot add new drivers due to the volume increase, because the new hires quit in the first week.
What good is increasing volume through BD, which I am sure you do working 10 to 11 hours a day just like drivers do, if the company does not have the manpower to move the volume?

To paraphrase your words," If you hate this site so much, just QUIT posting here."
P.S.
I have a feeling that all us complaining drivers will still be working at UPS long after you are not.

satellitedriver

I dont know why but his first post made me think of this song

"He's a friend of them long-haired, hippie type, pinko fags
I betcha he's even got a Commie flag
Tacked up on the wall, inside of his garage
He's a snake in the grass, I tell ya guys
He may look dumb, but that's just a disguise
He's a mastermind in the ways of espionage."

They all started lookin' real suspicious at him
And he jumped up an' said; "Now, just wait a minute, Jim
You know he's lyin' I've been livin' here all of my life."
"I'm a faithfull follower of Brother John Birch
And I belong to the Antioch Baptist Church
And I ain't even got a garage, you can call home and ask my wife."

Again I dont know, it just seemed to fit.
The "Dew Drop Inn".
He is old "green teeth" and needs to be kicked in the shin.
PAX

dammor

Funny how we can all disagree over many issues on these threads, but when attacked by someone that has no clue of what we deal with we turn into a force to be reckoned with. It's like someone attacked our family.

I love all the replies posted here and have nothing more to say than "Ya, what they said"